Scarygirl Review

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Shawn MacDonald said:
God I hate her voice so much. Really don't know why, but it just grates on my nerves. Always down with a 2d platformer so I might get this one. Pretty much waiting for a 60$ 2D platformer that is like 50 hours of gameplay. Ever had a company, I would make it my goal to have a console platformer that wasn't indie. Very hard time listening to her reviews because of her voice. I know that is mean to say, but my god. Know what the turd on the cherry sundae is, when she tells a joke. Ever had to give her notes it would be lay off the lame jokes with a voice like that.
So perhaps you shouldn't watch my review videos, then. You can just read the text.

Terramax said:
Shawn MacDonald said:
God I hate her voice so much.
You're not the only one. I just find many of her reviews plain unhelpful, or uncharming.

Anyway, the game itself looks fun. Looks more like Klonoa: Door to Phantomile than Sonic or Mario (that's a compliment).
You should just avoid my reviews altogether, unless you'd care to explain what you find unhelpful.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Shawn MacDonald said:
God I hate her voice so much. Really don't know why, but it just grates on my nerves. Always down with a 2d platformer so I might get this one. Pretty much waiting for a 60$ 2D platformer that is like 50 hours of gameplay. Ever had a company, I would make it my goal to have a console platformer that wasn't indie. Very hard time listening to her reviews because of her voice. I know that is mean to say, but my god. Know what the turd on the cherry sundae is, when she tells a joke. Ever had to give her notes it would be lay off the lame jokes with a voice like that.
They do video AND text for many reasons, and that's probably one of them. Is it because Susan doesn't get all hyped up when she's talking? I would thank her for that, because she's giving you her thoughts in a conversational tone instead of trying to sell you something one way or the other.
Also, I think you're mistaking a smart comment or two for a joke..

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I want this game. Must have it! Thanks for the review Susan!
BehattedWanderer said:
Played the demo, felt like Awesome-era Tim Burton fell in love with a Sackgirl, and they made a beautiful baby together. I intend on picking this up come payday.
Yeah, this is exactly the reason I want it.

SONICWOLF

Dec 4, 2010
i also remember playing this on newgrounds a few years back, i had to study it for my level design subject, i'll be getting this ASAP.

P.S why all the hate for Susan? *bows before the Nerd Queen*

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
I personally think Susan has one of the sexiest and intelligent voices known to man. Susan, your deep and sultry tones woo my man ears while your funny and well thought out reviews create new meanings for the words; strong, female, and role models.

I would be honored if you would do me the favor of reading the phone book and recording your sexy lady voice so that I can play it back for all the young girls here where I live, to inspire them to one day be as good at life as you are.

I only imagine, that as you read this, on your custom designed iTablet, draped over a divan while wearing a hand made Persian silk robe, sipping on wine made from hand squeezed grapes, that you may find this post lacking in honorific words. To alleviate this; honest, dapper, punctual, vivacious, both exo and endothermic, kind, strong scented, and alluring.

This post is now diamonds.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Bradeck said:
I personally think Susan has one of the sexiest and intelligent voices known to man. Susan, your deep and sultry tones woo my man ears while your funny and well thought out reviews create new meanings for the words; strong, female, and role models.

I would be honored if you would do me the favor of reading the phone book and recording your sexy lady voice so that I can play it back for all the young girls here where I live, to inspire them to one day be as good at life as you are.

I only imagine, that as you read this, on your custom designed iTablet, draped over a divan while wearing a hand made Persian silk robe, sipping on wine made from hand squeezed grapes, that you may find this post lacking in honorific words. To alleviate this; honest, dapper, punctual, vivacious, both exo and endothermic, kind, strong scented, and alluring.

You do know she is married, right? To the man who ran this place, who knows the current "The Boss of You", and has threatened people before about hitting on his wife if they don't apologise.

Not to mention the Nerd Queen herself could make your time at the Escapist quite unpleasant with her own power and status.
You may wish to be more respectful. It is the polite, and right thing to do.

p.s. Flattery like this will only get you covered in dung.

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Susan Arendt said:
Scarygirl Review

Not terribly scary, just terribly good.

Read Full Article
Did you hear about any plans to continue this game through dlc? I always loved platform games when I started playing video games, but right now we don't have as many around as we use to. I hope Scary Girl does well!

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
Imp Emissary said:
Bradeck said:

You do know she is married, right? To the man who ran this place, who knows the current "The Boss of You", and has threatened people before about hitting on his wife if they don't apologise.

Not to mention the Nerd Queen herself could make your time at the Escapist quite unpleasant with her own power and status.

I was actually just attempting to do a Old Spice joke. Don't really care about this forum, or getting banned by the husband. You shouldn't take things so seriously, especially on the internet.

Maybe if people weren't complete jerks on this board, I wouldn't have felt compelled to answer in the way I did. She made a review. Live with it. If people don't like her voice, theydon't need to critique that here. Furthermore, the people who jump on the "Hate the reviewers" bandwagon are just people who were pissed about her review of Uncharted. Those people should chill too. It was a good game. Far better then most, and she doesn't deserve "Her voice is crap" because she liked it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Bradeck said:
Imp Emissary said:
Bradeck said:

I was actually just attempting to do a Old Spice joke. Don't really care about this forum, or getting banned by the husband. You shouldn't take things so seriously, especially on the internet.

Maybe if people weren't complete jerks on this board, I wouldn't have felt compelled to answer in the way I did. She made a review. Live with it. If people don't like her voice, theydon't need to critique that here. Furthermore, the people who jump on the "Hate the reviewers" bandwagon are just people who were pissed about her review of Uncharted. Those people should chill too. It was a good game. Far better then most, and she doesn't deserve "Her voice is crap" because she liked it.
Everyone relax. I got the Old Spice reference and thought your post was hilarious. So no worries on that front. :)

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Hmmmm, looks like a fun time. May pick up when it's on sale, especially since Imma in dire need of none m-rated co-op games to play with my little sis. >_<

Imp_Emissary

Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Bradeck said:
Imp Emissary said:
Bradeck said:

I see, and agree. To be honest I think those people just have it in for Susan, judging from their comments, but then again it's hard to take in the context of the internet's written speaking. Our previous misunderstanding as my first example. Sorry about that. Though, as Susan said, even if they really do hate her voice and reviews, they could just read it instead, or avoid the reviews altogether.

Nice to talk to friend. Have a good one.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Shawn MacDonald said:
Frizzle said:
Shawn MacDonald said:
They do video AND text for many reasons, and that's probably one of them. Is it because Susan doesn't get all hyped up when she's talking? I would thank her for that, because she's giving you her thoughts in a conversational tone instead of trying to sell you something one way or the other.
Also, I think you're mistaking a smart comment or two for a joke..
Can tell you that she does tell a joke or two at the end of each review. Yeah I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't like the tome of it.
And again, I have to point out, if you hate my voice enough to prompt you to be incredibly rude, then don't watch the videos. If you've watched them enough to know that I make a joke "at the end of each review" then you're bringing aggravation on yourself.

If you don't like the content, don't watch. That simple.