School being a waste of time

Ask

Feb 27, 2010
Tixek said:
Ask said:
It definitely wasn't a waste of time. I finished college early because of all the skills I attained in high school and that was a godsend for my wallet.

You're getting free education. Take it for all its worth. If stuff is easy and you know it all, then you'll glide right through high school, get your diploma and be out in the world reaping the benefits. I started saving for my college education when I was younger than you are and I can tell you how much it sucks to have to pay your own way through an education so, enjoy the one you're getting even if the social situation's aren't to your liking. Yeah, high school sucks but that's just cest la vie you're not the only one disliking their situation.

And if you want to ditch high school by all means quit the school system, but I can't see a benefit in forsaking one flawed system for another. Every system be it work or school has flaws and regulations you won't agree with. That's really just how life works. If you quit every job you felt had flaws or was too sociable you'd never have a job or stable living. That and well, lets face it the economy still sucks, and its even worse for high school drop outs so your best bet, is just to stick it out until you get that validating piece of paper that says 'yay you did it, NOW go get a job'. It's just easier to have that piece of paper.
Thank you for restating the obvious like the many other people before you.
I felt I was being properly amicable. I don't have time to read the entire thread, and I was only trying to be polite to your query by offering what I know. I didn't intend to come off as scathing.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Tixek said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Tixek said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Sure fucking thing it is. After all, learning isn't compulsory. Neither is survival.

And beginning with 'seriously, I'm way smarter than any of these losers at my school' means you're probably an arrogant fucker who deserves to be a social reject because he is fucking intolerable.
Look in the fucking mirror. That tomato is you.
I am a social reject, captain obvious.
No shit. But I'm pretty sure you don't want to be one, now do ya? Brooding in the corner, none of the other kids giving a shit about you? Well, it probably is your fault. Stop being a miserable fuckwad.
Compared to you I'm a saint.
Heh, maybe. But you're a very obnoxious and unbearable one at that. And by 'you' I mean the post I see on the Escapist. Obviously, (or at least most likely) I haven't met you in real life, so I go by the piece of text you put here. According to which, you are miserable fuckwad. I cannot help you deal with it, I can only tell you to do so.
Besides, why do I even bother? Like anyone ever taken something over the internet seriously.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Tixek said:
News flash: I don't actually care about what you people say, as far as I'm concerned you are simply a random nobody from the internet. Shocker ain't it?
If you don't care what we say, then why did you explicitly ask us our thoughts in your first post?

Either you are throwing a hissy fit that people aren't agreeing with you, which is pathetic, or you are a blatant troll, which is also pathetic.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Half the time school is a massive waste, with incompetent or condescending teachers, brainless classmates, and pathetically poor management. However, thanks to the way our society is set up, you're going to get nowhere in life without at least a high school diploma. Even if it completely sucks, man up and deal with it. Unless you're some kind of prodigy with an entire repertoire of marketable skills at age 15-16, you're not going to be able to accomplish much if you don't finish school. And with an attitude like yours it's unlikely you'd get hired even if you were a genius.

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
Kimarous said:
Tixek said:
News flash: I don't actually care about what you people say, as far as I'm concerned you are simply a random nobody from the internet. Shocker ain't it?
If you don't care what we say, then why did you explicitly ask us our thoughts in your first post?

Either you are throwing a hissy fit that people aren't agreeing with you, which is pathetic, or you are a blatant troll, which is also pathetic.
see my reply to Exterminas.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Tixek said:
Kimarous said:
Tixek said:

see my reply for Exterminas.
To see if we "get it"? Get WHAT? There is nothing to "get" on our end. You're the one who's in the wrong and not "getting it".

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
Kimarous said:
Tixek said:
Kimarous said:
Tixek said:

see my reply for Exterminas.
To see if we "get it"? Get WHAT? There is nothing to "get" on our end. You're the one who's in the wrong and not "getting it".
To get that school is a flawed system that many will get antagonized by and not be able to cope with.
And before you say anything else I am dealing with my school quite fine in my own way and highly suggest you stop preaching to me to stay in school and force myself to socialize like a good boy. I have my values and you have yours. So can keep yours, alright?

Elhueno

Jul 29, 2008
Successful troll is successful? If not, as the majority of people said, lol at you. grow up, stop whinging, welcome to the real world. Shits boring 99% of the time.

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
Elhueno said:
Successful troll is successful? If not, as the majority of people said, lol at you. grow up, stop whinging, welcome to the real world. Shits boring 99% of the time.
Wow two in a row, you people really don't pay attention do you?

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
burntheartist said:
Tixek said:
Seriously, I'm way smarter than any of these losers at my school and all the work does is just piss me off because it tends to be tedious or involves me being sociable, the teachers need to learn when to shut up and leave me alone, It's only my second year and I'm already feeling like ditching this hole.
How about any of you guys? Any of you think your school is just a huge waste of time too?
Go get your GED or correspondence credits and then enroll in college or a trade school now. I met a real genius who used the word 'intelligent' rather than 'way smarter' and he had his first bach by age 18 because of that trick.
He then joined the military with stripes and last I checked up on him, he's pretty much his own boss in a government position.
The coolest thing is the lil' turd looks just like McLovin.
Tell me can you guys do anything besides "look at first page and post"? No? That is quite disappointing, I expected better of you people. You guys are just like my school... Then again this is "The Internet".

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Highschool can feel like that, yes. But I would recommend putting up with it because you certainly don't want to have to go back later in life after you've discovered what your passion is.

Trust me, a 25 year old student joined our class during my senior year. Hew was having a much rougher time than we were and even had to bear being taught by one of the teachers he pissed off eight years before.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Tixek said:
smithy_2045 said:
Quit school, and enjoy your minimum wage job til you die.
Another example of ignorance, lovely.
If you're as smart as you believe you are, you won't quit school because quitting makes life much, much harder in the long run.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
Just a quick question. What programs did you use to make that avatar? I want to convert a clip into a GIF, can't find a good free program...
OT: I'm afraid there's not much to say that wasn't said in the first post. It's pathetic to think of everyone else as losers. As for school being a waste of time, I know very few people who didn't need at least a high school education to be where they are today. But hey, McDonalds is always hiring I guess...

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
smithy_2045 said:
Tixek said:
smithy_2045 said:
Quit school, and enjoy your minimum wage job til you die.
Another example of ignorance, lovely.
If you're as smart as you believe you are, you won't quit school because it makes life much, much harder.
I believe I have stated that I am not quitting school. Please pay attention.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Kimarous said:
I think you are arrogant and don't know the benefit of a proper education. If you feel the need to refer to others as "losers", then you are clearly too immature to head out into the world on your own. It will eat you alive.
Seconded. Seriously. And just wait till you hit year 12.