School hair lenght rules do you think think its bull?

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
SimuLord said:
Now that I'm in my thirties it's a lot easier for me to advocate militaristic and draconian rules about hair length, skirt length, and whatnot. But back when I was 16, I'd have been inciting a riot (literally, and it's a hell of a story) over stuff like that.
What makes it easy for me is that I do maintain short hair and have done through secondary school - and I look better for it. Also, I wouldn't mind working in a suit all day - hell, I look far better in that as well than the T-shirt and jeans combination.
Good for you! I mean it, you look and feel good in a suit and short hair, that's awesome. For you. And maybe for the person beside you. Or behind you. But not for everyone. Never, everyone.

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
Hm... Get some strong hairgel/spray, and make all your hair stick straight up. If it's long enough, then it would be an awesome "FU" to whoever made that rule.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
A few private institutions have them

Military academe's and even some high schools have them. Just dont grow your hair past your shoulder and your Kosher.

Its hair, it grows back later, obey the rules

I leave my hair at 3/4 inch because I don't need to comb it or use a ton of shampoo, I can wear hats without it getting mucked up and when its hot out its easier for me to keep cool

I also wear it short in support of my friends who are in Basic and the other is shipping out for Afghanistan. And When I get done with college I will be going over with them and preparing myself early on will help me later. I wont go through the same amount of shock when they shave off my hair the first night, I plan on going in with 1/8 inch nubby hair so they cant call me a skinhead and they cant call me a hipppie.

bmf185

Jan 8, 2009
Do you go to school where there are also a lot of machines with open moving parts?

If so, you may want to check and see if it is a real school.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
I had hair down to the middle of my back in high school.
Once I fell asleep in class and the TEACHER braided my hair into pig tails and told me if I didn't show up with it like that the next day she would give me a detention.
I spent the rest of the day fighting off every female in the school as they tried to take it out and play with it.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
I'm sure it has been stated already, but I personally feel it is sexual discrimination to force boys to have short hair and not limit the hair on girls. Way to force kids into, in a way, a stereotype of the male gender.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Specter_ said:
And I've got a baseballbat that says it can cure any condition you can come up with.
Erm. It's a miracle! I found Jesus. Turns out he was in the kitchen all this time, and he cured me.
I cured Jebus too

xxnightlawxx

Nov 6, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
xxnightlawxx said:
u know i mean like spiked hair thats an inch long and stuff like that right max
I got that impression, yes.
My point still stands.
i dont know i just like being able to feel their hair i quess instead of gel

xxnightlawxx

Nov 6, 2008
Simriel said:
Why do a lot of people here, seem to have this idea that anyone with long hair is messy? I wear my long hair tied back and well groomed. I take more pride in my appearance than a lot of people with short back and sides.
thank you i clean my hair comb it and make sure it looks nice

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
xxnightlawxx said:
Simriel said:
Why do a lot of people here, seem to have this idea that anyone with long hair is messy? I wear my long hair tied back and well groomed. I take more pride in my appearance than a lot of people with short back and sides.
Many people with long hair do. It just seems to be the general rule that guys with long hair will have it lanky and unkempt.

xxnightlawxx

Nov 6, 2008
Simriel said:
xxnightlawxx said:
Simriel said:
Many people with long hair do. It just seems to be the general rule that guys with long hair will have it lanky and unkempt.
my hair is messy but clean

xxnightlawxx

Nov 6, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
xxnightlawxx said:
MaxTheReaper said:
xxnightlawxx said:
u know i mean like spiked hair thats an inch long and stuff like that right max
I got that impression, yes.
My point still stands.
i dont know i just like being able to feel their hair i quess instead of gel
That's a fair point, I suppose. Still, it can be spiky without gel, if it's short. Not really spiky, of course, but still.
true i guess but what really does make girls adorable is them being all kitty like meracle in Star Ocean The Last Hope

necromango

Mar 16, 2009
Do what I did, kept to the rules until my senior year, grew a raging moustashe / goatee combo complete with side burns and refused to shave it off.

Best year of my academic life, I recommend everyone try it (even you ladies out there)

Edit: Private Catholic Boys High School education btw.

Grimm91

Jan 8, 2009
Well my school does not have any, thank god. But it may as well, a lot of my friends are cutting their hair really short.