'Merica

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This was more than a "failure" you cowardly pricks!

You all deserve to be fired, stripped of all your ranks, since 15 to 25 years x 5.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dude, this is not suprising. It's always going to be BLMs fault. The rules/laws have never been applied from 1776. It will not matter if they change any laws, it's never been the problem. The problem has been the application of laws/rules
Not surprised, and they can still fuck off. Blame us, yet they have all that money and body armor they never lost. Cowards using kids as human shields. They ain't cops or soldiers. They're cosplaying twats with entitled egos. The Uvalde police might as well start working for Bison, Shang Tsung, or Shao Kahn with their attitudes, and lack of responsibility.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Oh hey, the senate actually managed to let a gun control bill get through, which had Republican backing and was a "step in the right direction" according to Biden.

The article said:
The measures include tougher background checks for buyers younger than 21.
The bill calls for funding to encourage states to implement "red flag" laws to remove firearms from people considered a threat. The act also includes $15bn (£12.2bn) in federal funding for mental health programs and school security upgrades.
And it closes the so-called "boyfriend loophole" by blocking gun sales to those convicted of abusing unmarried intimate partners.
Now the house of representatives will have to vote on it.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Oh hey, the senate actually managed to let a gun control bill get through, which had Republican backing and was a "step in the right direction" according to Biden.

Now the house of representatives will have to vote on it.
Honestly its dead on arrival. No GOP representative can afford to have a vote for any gun legislation. Its a cult. They worship guns and any disloyalty is an instant excommunication

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Honestly its dead on arrival. No GOP representative can afford to have a vote for any gun legislation. Its a cult. They worship guns and any disloyalty is an instant excommunication
Does this need 50 votes? because if so, I can see it happen if all 50 Democrats go alone with it. there's one jerk Dem who who has blocked a lot of legislation but I don't know if he will block this one.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Does this need 50 votes? because if so, I can see it happen if all 50 Democrats go alone with it. there's one jerk Dem who who has blocked a lot of legislation but I don't know if he will block this one.
It needs 60 votes in the senate, it got 64. It's going to the house now which is dem controlled and is pretty certain to pass.

That being said, it's not toothless, but it is very anemic. Probably the only way to get Rs on board at all.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
It needs 60 votes in the senate, it got 64. It's going to the house now which is dem controlled and is pretty certain to pass.

That being said, it's not toothless, but it is very anemic. Probably the only way to get Rs on board at all.
Honestly considering how many mass shootings happened and nothing was done this is still a major accomplishment.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
...14 Republican senators literally voted for it. The Democrats are in the majority in the house.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
...14 Republican senators literally voted for it. The Democrats are in the majority in the house.
The original post said it got through the senate, right.

In my country, the senate is always the second house to pass things. I actually thought the same happened on the US. I totally subbed in House of Reps because I thought that was the natural course of things

Don't know if someone else did this but I initially agreed with Crimson until this moment