Science!: VR and Sistine Chapel

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
To add to the 4th article: weighing more itself can be a problem, as my grandfather has a bad leg and his obesity doesn't help it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
We need more vr Goodness! Something like the Holodeck would be epic!

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Michelangelo also supposadly hid an entire diagram of the nervous system on one of the people on the Sistine Chapel's ceiling, and he also has, in another part of it, an angel essentially flipping of the Pope because Michelangelo thought of himself as a sculpter, not a painter, and wasn't happy being forced to paint.

Leonardo da Vinci also did stuff like that (hide stuff in his paintings, like musical notes in his painting of the "Last Supper.")

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Who want's to go to Vegas?

Also: I think those professors have too much time on their hands. So what if a guy whose been dead for hundreds of years liked to draw brains in his paintings? Don't they have some more useful activity they could be doing?

raddaradda

Jun 28, 2010
"The Future of Gaming" - 360 virtual ventures website

Yea right unless you have $55,000 USD just hanging around, and you don't want another BMW then Virtusphere is for you.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
I like that. A sea forming "right now," meaning 10 million years. You go do that..

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Hmm...I feel as if 8 billion people will be wiped out within 1 generation once such technology is made.

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Mstrswrd said:
Michelangelo also supposadly hid an entire diagram of the nervous system on one of the people on the Sistine Chapel's ceiling, and he also has, in another part of it, an angel essentially flipping of the Pope because Michelangelo thought of himself as a sculpter, not a painter, and wasn't happy being forced to paint.

Leonardo da Vinci also did stuff like that (hide stuff in his paintings, like musical notes in his painting of the "Last Supper.")
Link us...

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Mstrswrd said:
Even better than that he painted God waving his ass at the pope on the ceiling.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
First page: Awesome!

Second page: Isn't the red sea splitting a biblical thing?

Third page: Though I love michaelangelo... Not interesting.

Fourth page: I like that I keep being proof against science despite the fact that the science is trying to help me. Makes me feel like one of those spoiled kids. I could be healthier as a fatass... but I'm not, I want to be skinny and muscular, fuck you science, you're lying to me!!!

paragon1 said:

Also: I think those professors have too much time on their hands. So what if a guy whose been dead for hundreds of years liked to draw brains in his paintings? Don't they have some more useful activity they could be doing?
Could people who study history be doing something more cool than finding a hidden historical piece? I highly doubt it.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Blueruler182 said:

Fourth page: I like that I keep being proof against science despite the fact that the science is trying to help me. Makes me feel like one of those spoiled kids. I could be healthier as a fatass... but I'm not, I want to be skinny and muscular, fuck you science, you're lying to me!!!

paragon1 said:

Could people who study history be doing something more cool than finding a hidden historical piece? I highly doubt it.
Okay, maybe I could have phrased that better. Maybe I should have said, "Why does this matter?" or "How does this affect what we already know about Michelangelo? And how does it affect our perceptions of the present?"

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
paragon1 said:
Blueruler182 said:

paragon1 said:

Okay, maybe I could have phrased that better. Maybe I should have said, "Why does this matter?" or "How does this affect what we already know about Michelangelo? And how does it affect our perceptions of the present?"
It doesn't, but neither do most anything we discover these days. I remember hearing that blue dye they put in candy might be able to repair spinal cord injuries. While that "might" was definitely a good reason to move forward, I haven't heard anything of it since, so I doubt it actually started working. So, in the end, it didn't matter. And the same can be said for anything we find. Hell, for all we know, he drew a treasure map in the brain of god and found the mayan doomsday device, and we need to find it before 2012.

In the end, learning that he drew a brain, while seemingly unimportant, is just as important as anything else we find short of a cure for something or a way to kill something.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
Quake and Unreal? lol I want to see these guys bunny hop all over the maps for 25 minutes straight

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Virtusphere: Holodeck ver. 0.1. DO WANT.

[small]Sadly I don't have a firstborn son to sell in order to get it... hey, you! Yeah, you over there. Are you using that kid right now?[/small]

MrPatience

Mar 25, 2009
Wow. I was sceptical as to whether or not I'd be able to expereince something like the virtusphere in my lifetime, but to think that it already exists and I can...
That's pretty awesome!