Scientists Create Extra-Long Life Beer

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Grey Carter said:
Now, what any self-respecting ale-head will tell you is that strong beers already age very well. This new barley is really only relevant to the flavorless goat pee that makes up the vast majority of successful canned beers. To wit; This new barley probably won't make Foster's taste any better, but at least it can't make it any worse.
Are you trying to tell me that people actually drink Fosters?
Not "people" per-se. Australians.
From what I understand from my Aussie cousin, they don't actually drink it, they just export it.

Sep 14, 2009
TheIronDuke said:
Boris Goodenough said:
gyroscopeboy said:
Australian male, and i've never drunk a Fosters in my life...In fact the only time I've seen it advertised was in a closed bar window in Seattle.

Fosters is the most famous Australian beer we never drink.
I like how you take offense to being told you drink Fosters but not to the implication that you're not a real human because you live in Australia.
The implication that we drunk Fosters had much higher priority on the scale of insults.
oh that's going to be a hilarious new insult to add to my arsenal

"YOU FOSTERS DRINKING SCALAWAG. YEAH THATS RIGHT, YOU DRINK THAT PISS."

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
gmaverick019 said:
TheIronDuke said:
Boris Goodenough said:
gyroscopeboy said:
Australian male, and i've never drunk a Fosters in my life...In fact the only time I've seen it advertised was in a closed bar window in Seattle.

I like how you take offense to being told you drink Fosters but not to the implication that you're not a real human because you live in Australia.
The implication that we drunk Fosters had much higher priority on the scale of insults.

Insult someone with something relating to them liking VB. about 90% of Australians will come down on you with the fury of all the gods at once if you try to imply they like VB.

VanQ said:
Grey Carter said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Grey Carter said:
Now, what any self-respecting ale-head will tell you is that strong beers already age very well. This new barley is really only relevant to the flavorless goat pee that makes up the vast majority of successful canned beers. To wit; This new barley probably won't make Foster's taste any better, but at least it can't make it any worse.
You won't find any Foster's here, mate. We export that shit because we refuse to drink it yet Americans pay top dollar for it because it's Australian and Beer at the same time.

Toohey's and VB are what you want to be drinking if you want good Aussie beer.
Oh you're so funny... Trying to trick the tourists into drinking the swill that is VB.
Out of the several hundred beer consuming individuals I know, only 2 of them will say that VB doesn't taste like a dog pissed directly in your mouth.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Am I bad for laughing when I read it was Aussie researchers who had accomplished this? Then again I'm surprised the Irish didn't beat them to it, stereotypes ftw.

Sep 14, 2009
YingDerpington said:
gmaverick019 said:
TheIronDuke said:
Boris Goodenough said:
gyroscopeboy said:

Insult someone with something relating to them liking VB. about 90% of Australians will come down on you with the fury of all the gods at once if you try to imply they like VB.

VanQ said:
Grey Carter said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Grey Carter said:
You won't find any Foster's here, mate. We export that shit because we refuse to drink it yet Americans pay top dollar for it because it's Australian and Beer at the same time.

Toohey's and VB are what you want to be drinking if you want good Aussie beer.
Oh you're so funny... Trying to trick the tourists into drinking the swill that is VB.
Out of the several hundred beer consuming individuals I know, only 2 of them will say that VB doesn't taste like a dog pissed directly in your mouth.
will remember that, i don't have shit for money now but i do want to visit australia someday and i'm sure i'll pucker my tourist lips up real nice before trolling on some australians with asking for some delicious VB

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Grey Carter said:
Nah. Australians don't drink it. Foster's is a homage to what they DO drink. Much in the same way all the Chinese food in the U.S. isn't precisely Chinese but a version of it made FOR us.

OT: Nevertheless, any science that can make beer better in some way is good science...but why am I thinking of Yahoo Serious being in charge?

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
YingDerpington said:

No one "LIKES" VB, but walk into 90% of regional pubs and most people will be downing schooners of it, because it's cheap and familiar.

That said, i'm extremely glad our microbrewing scene has exploded, so slowly our Pub taps are being swapped out for beer that actually tastes good.