Scott Pilgrim vs Earthbound

remm2004

Nov 18, 2009
Dan said:
We never had Mother 2 but we did have the Scott Pilgrim comics.
Mother 2=Earthbound, just wanted to point that out.
As for the discussion, I highly agreed that Earthbound was a far greater loss, but I think that they should at least have mentioned the existence of the Mother 3 fan translation.

kingpocky

Jan 21, 2009
I agree with Buretsu. Originally, Mother 3 was going to be released in America as "Earthbound 64". Unfortunately, it got delayed so much that they cancelled it. It was only when they decided to re release it on the GBA that Nintendo decided they wouldn't localize it.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Yeah, I didn't see Scott Pilgrim in the cinema either (mostly because I found the trailer really off-putting). I was completely underwhelmed when I finally saw it on DVD, so I'm glad I didn't waste my money.

Scott Pilgrim had a lot of interesting and experimental stuff in it (a lot like the game Mirror's Edge) and I'm glad I've seen it just for that. But I'm not going to watch it again.

Sometimes experiments just don't really work!

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I didn't see Scott Pilgrim in theaters because I'm just really not a big movie-going guy, but when I heard all the praise for it I bought the Blu-Ray version and I loved it. I wasn't really aware it "flopped" in terms of sales. Then again, I knew nothing of Earthbound's failure either so I can't say much about my knowledge for this episode.