Screw Dr. Mundo and His Frickin' Cleaver! >:(

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I just started playing League of Legends about a week ago and there's already a champion that I can't stand to see on the enemy team: Dr. Mundo. The prick's throw-cleaver attack is just obscene! Late game there's absolutely nothing you can do to get away from it (I still don't have Flash yet xP)! It costs him absolutely nothing to use (I believe there's a health-cost, but at that point in the game the cost is negligable), it has like a 2 second cooldown, and it slows you with each hit. The only two champions I play for the time being are Ashe and Karthus...and if Mundo shows up to 1v1 me I know I'm fucked. At least as Karthus I can pop my AoE and give him a bloody nose before he kills me...as Ashe I might as well just lay down and die.

Granted it's not so much of a problem if I manage to reach my full build, but I'd imagine that'd be true about pretty much any champion with their full build.

Well, now that that's off my chest, I'll open the floor to the rest of the LoL players out there. What champion do you absolutely hate? Which one is just a pain in the ass every time you see him/her? Why are they such a bastard for you to deal with?

P.S. If you've got a good way/build for dealing with a pesky Mundo problem, please feel free to share with the class (i.e. myself :p).

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Huh, wasn't aware people still played Mundo. You noobs and your noobness.

The most annoying champs I encounter are Caitlyn and Blitzcrank. Both make me watch my feet bot lane, which distracts me from supporting effectively. A Fiddlesticks jungle is annoying, but luckily they've become rare.

And the only way I've ever taken down a late-game Mundo is with my entire team soloing him. Fucker is a god damn tank.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Elfgore said:
A Fiddlesticks jungle is annoying, but luckily they've become rare.
Fiddles was actually the 2nd champ I unlocked (Ashe being the first) and every now and then I give him a try. I'm not...bad as Fiddles, but it takes me a while to get going and for the life of me I can't seem to use his ult. very effectively. xP

And the only way I've ever taken down a late-game Mundo is with my entire team soloing him. Fucker is a god damn tank.
That's why when I see him waddle out of the forest I know I'm screwed. I can't get away from him and he's got waaaaay too much health and regen for me to try and solo. Again, unless I'm Ashe and I've got my full build, then damn-near each shot is a crit for over 600 damage.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Mundo cleavers...hah. I guess you've never known the horror and complete bs of Nid spears.

Anyways Mundo's clever do magic damage as does his w. His e gives him and AD steroid. Your best bet is to kite him, use minions or side stepping to dodge his cleavers. Ignite counters his ult, he's pretty much unkillable late game so for the love of god don't bother trying to focus him. Champs that do % based damage should be quite effective, since you like ashe try Kog'maw and Vayne. Both are ADC's and their w's do percentage based damage So the higher the enemy health the more damage they do. Buy a blade of the ruined king as well since that deals percentage damage as well. Keep in mind that both those champs are geared more towards the late game so you won't get that high damage till at least late game.

Feb 28, 2008
As a veteran LoL player, I have to ask: why are you going 1v1 vs. Mundo as Ashe? Where is your support? In what situation is this coming about? In team fights Mundo is fairly useless because the cleaver is a skill shot, and he has no stun or silence or engagement.

Since they nerfed Khazix and LeBlanc, who were atrociously overpowered, I can't think of any champions I really hate. Katarina can pull off some frankly bull moves against teams with no CC. Actually I despise Leona at the moment, because her stun Q has the most generous hitbox of any ability I can think of.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
MasterOfHisOwnDomain said:
As a veteran LoL player, I have to ask: why are you going 1v1 vs. Mundo as Ashe? Where is your support? In what situation is this coming about? In team fights Mundo is fairly useless because the cleaver is a skill shot, and he has no stun or silence or engagement.
Random moments late-game where I'll to push the flow of a lane back towards the enemy base and he just shows up out of nowhere.

Actually I despise Leona at the moment, because her stun queue has the most generous hitbox of any ability I can think of.
That's one of the reasons I really like Ashe: her ult arrow seems to have a very generous hitbox as well. :p

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Teemo on murderbridge.
Morellonomicon + Crystal Scepter + Torment + void staff + Lich Bane

There's a mushroom there.
There is always a mushroom there.
And they all take 50%+ of your health bar.
Then the bastard Qs your face off and runs away, speed boosted and laughing.

The teemo laugh.

RJ 17 said:
Random moments late-game where I'll to push the flow of a lane back towards the enemy base and he just shows up out of nowhere.
Never split push alone on a champ without mobility.

May 29, 2011
Elfgore said:
Huh, wasn't aware people still played Mundo. You noobs and your noobness.

The most annoying champs I encounter are Caitlyn and Blitzcrank. Both make me watch my feet bot lane, which distracts me from supporting effectively. A Fiddlesticks jungle is annoying, but luckily they've become rare.

Ive soloed him with a BOTRK, you just need a ridiculously high damage potential champ with some sustain like Olaf or maybe Aatrox (havent tried the latter that much).

Jun 11, 2008
Yeah well see you're main problem is you are 1v1ing a Mundo as Ashe and Karthus which flash is not going to help you there. Ghost would actually be better but you'd still probably be fucked and if you don't kill Mundo any damage you do is pointless as he has very high regen.

As for build wise you could buy Blade of the Ruined King instead of Bloodthirster which the active will help for kiting and damage for Ashe. If you're Karthus I suppose you could pick up a Morellonomicon as an extra item to supplement your core build along with a Rylai's Crystal Sceptre. The Rylai's could help you kite if you can hit your Q on Karthus and help people stick to you in teamfights and the Morellonomicon will cut his regen. Probably not the most optimal build but it would work to counter Mundo.

As summoners there is Ignite to cut the healing on his ult and giving that his ult includes a movement speed boost Flash is unlikely to help you in a 1v1 situation vs him.

To be honest it just sounds like you need more wards on the map or to push out less far as that should not be happening that you would get into a 1v1 situation late game vs a Mundo. There are very few champs that can kill Mundo at that stage and if the Mundo is decent in a 1v1 situation he won't die to those either and just run away from them.

Also I'm far from the best person at LoL so don't take my word as law.

Myself I don't like laning against Ziggs and I hate playing against a Lucian ADC lategame and even then they're fine just my least favourite.

Ziggs I find the Q quite annoying to dodge and he pushes so easily along with his auto attacks which can hit quite hard. Lucian I find that the passive just allows him to do so much extra damage late game with Infinity Edge that I find fighting him annoying.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
A good Lee Sin is always a pain in the ass.

A good Fizz makes trying to peel for your adc extremely annoying.

Shaco is just toxic for everyone.

Then of course, there's Satan. I love playing as him, and hate playing against him.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
Elfgore said:
Gotta agree with you on the Caitlyn and Blitzcrank issue. They're incredibly annoying because you're not allowed a moments rest against them.

My friends and I like playing underplayed champs in the bot lane, like Urgot and Zilean, and everything that's fun and interesting about that is countered by Caitlyn simply showing up.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
RedDeadFred said:
Then of course, there's Satan. I love playing as him, and hate playing against him.
Wow, I must have missed a patch. Guess I need to save up some IP and unlock the prince of darkness.

OT: I always have a huge "FUCK ME SIDEWAYS" moment anytime I run up against a Talon mid. He isn't even that bad anymore, but it was awful right when he came out.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
My friend, you have not felt true rage until you have had to deal with fucking Teemo. The little shit poisons you, blinds you, then runs away, then when you go after him you step on a landmine he dropped and you get poisoned again.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Any mirror matches I will hopelessly lose against. I'm a pretty good Ezreal for example but some idiot who throws his lasors in the wrong direction would manage to beat me, there's little to no counterplay involved. Morg v Morg, you both hit your bind, you both follow up with soil and then you both carry on farming, feeling slightly awkward about it.

Not so bad anymore but LeBlanc would fuck me up so hard. Since she has no silence anymore it opens up a huge amount of counterplay against her, maybe even a fair fight. That old jump in > Q > R reset was the cheapest shit.

Oh and J4 whenever I play TF. I guess my heroic Flash > Blue Card Gold Card is on hold indefinitely so I can save it defensively since TF's kite is literally walk away in a zigzag until your stun comes back up and the love prison removes that entirely.

I would say Jax but I don't play top. Ever. When i'm forced too, I pick Elise and play super safe. Very occasionally Singed when i'm in the mood.

Finally, Zed. Fuck this guy, fuck everything about him. Everyone in the UK thought his name was joke on release, though it cleared up how to pronounce Vi's name since Riot wouldn't be so unimaginative as to release a character with an alphabet name twice in a row.

LostCrusader said:
RedDeadFred said:
Wow, I must have missed a patch. Guess I need to save up some IP and unlock the prince of darkness.
Here, sneak peek splash art of Lucifer himself.

Jesse Willadson

Jan 14, 2012
Leblanc. Mother fucking Leblanc. Not alot of people play as her (at least in the matches I go into) and I am mediocre in midlane on my best days. I just don't know how to deal with her at all.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
um . . . dude . . . of course mundo beats you 1v1 with those toons. Mundo is a tank, Karthus and Ashe are both squishy toons that do a ton of sustained damage from behind your tanks. Also, there are other ways to escape the cleaver other than flash. It's actually not that hard, just don't move in a straight line, or hide behind your minions. the cleaver is a skill-shot.

The blade of the ruined king is a good choice to counter Mundo, but your best bet is just not to engage him. Let your tanks handle him. Blood thirster and attack speed is not only a better all around build, but it might even be better against Mundo, because it gives you more damage and more sustain. It's definitely a better build in a team fight. Like the other guys said, don't split push solo, ask your support or your top laner to come with you. Then they can soak up some damage and keep mundo off of you while you do all the damage. Even in that situation though, you should probably run, in case he has backup coming.

Also, it sounds like your personality and play style might be better suited to a top laner like Renekton or Tryndamere, one with good damage and survivability both.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Jesse Willadson said:
Leblanc. Mother fucking Leblanc. Not alot of people play as her (at least in the matches I go into) and I am mediocre in midlane on my best days. I just don't know how to deal with her at all.
Have you tried this site: http://www.championselect.net/champions/leblanc it gives pretty decent advice on countering toons. Counter Leblanc by denying her farm and by building tenacity. Other than that, make sure your jungler knows you need a hand and play it safe

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
spartan231490 said:
Also, it sounds like your personality and play style might be better suited to a top laner like Renekton or Tryndamere, one with good damage and survivability both.
I'm too much of a sissy to play melee yet, I prefer doing my work from a distance. :p

I do appreciate the other advice, though.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Champs like Mundo are pretty much supposed to shit all over champs like Ashe and Karthus. Though as both it's quite easy to avoid him and once you hit late game he becomes much less of a threat.

As Ashe you have your slows which significantly outrange Mundo's cleaver. Learn how to move between auto attacks and kite. Also make sure you never split push without vision, especially if you are on a champ with no mobility. Wards win games.

Can't really say there's any champ I hate playing against. A really good Shaco can be a nightmare, but fortunately you almost never see one. 99% of Shacos are free farm.