Seattle "Superhero" Arrested For Pepper Spray Assault

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
Blablahb said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
I'm not even going to argue about you thinking Jones was the attacker in this because it's simply not a fact.
You see that more often with pro-violence and pro-weapons people: so far gone into their own convictions they can't even imagine the existance of other opinions, and they'll refuse to even argue it.

Kind of odd. Getting into a little accidental row when drunk in which nobody is hurt: bad. Conciously looking for a fight all night long and bearing weapons with the intention of committing assault: good.
AzrealMaximillion said:
Which is a completely different situation than this. Kicking groins and punching jaws to defend against a group is not the same as running in to stop a fight.
Why is it not? In this case the guy being assaulted by Jones and the others was defending himself against multiple attackers, one of which was armed. Obviously Jones' victim would've had any right to go apeshit on him.
AzrealMaximillion said:
So you call him a coward for going into a group of almost 10 people fighting with protection
I call him a coward and a criminal for carrying weapons, looking around for a fight, and then running away like a little ***** when a woman tries to slap him, and using a weapon against the first guy his own size he encounters.

The 'fight' you claim he broke up never existed. Jones is the only who escalated the situation into a fight in the first place.
AzrealMaximillion said:
Even is someone has a weapon out you still have to use reasonable force to stop them in the eyes of the law. Putting someone in the hospital over bringing out pepper spray is not reasonable.
Any means besides of using weapons you brought along, is reasonable in a situation where you're dealing with an armed attacker. You have only a few seconds before they use that pepperspray, render you helpless, and you die.

So by all means put his head through a wall, go for his eyes, knee him in the balls several times. If Jones didn't want that done to him, maybe he shouldnt have been looking for a fight, and bringing weapons to that fight.
He broke the fight up, told them to stop trying to assault him, then pepper sprayed them after *several minutes* of repeatedly telling them to stop trying to assault him, with repeated warnings that he was going to defend himself.

He broke up the fight between two groups of people outside the club. One group left. The other group assaulted them, attempted to run them over with vehicles, and threw rocks at them.

You'd rather the fight end up with the *clearly* violent group murdering some of the people in the other group. Phoenix would rather the fight end without anyone being severely injured. And that's why you're a miserable excuse for a human being, while he's an RLSH.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
don't see what he did wrong outside of fashion sense and sane mentality... I mean breaking up a fight okay but...

ah true woulda been cooler if he did use some roundhouse kicks and whatnot :p

Reishadowen

Mar 18, 2011
TitanAtlas said:
Well i guess, by the sequence of hate that our dear escapists are posting, no one likes the "Hero".

Honestly... he stopped the fight and the pepper spray was in order considering himself was attacked... Jail time and 5k fine is kinda harsh considering all things...

And yes he is kinda crazy and idiot to have hopes of being a hero, but you people forgot the most important thing... He hopes to be a hero, he doesn't care he gets injured or hurt, and honestly he does more then lots of big talkers say they would do. Hell... in where peopel say they would do this, he acctually does it.

Still Seattle crimes, appear more to be drunk people and deuchebaggery then anything else... so do not know what kind of crime there is in that place...
Kind of sad. Someone who steps up to do the right thing, defend the innocent, and...gets assaulted by the innocent. Man, maybe this IS the Marvel universe after-all, where citizen's turn on their heroes at the drop of a hat...

More seriously, this video is evidence of why superheros don't work in real life. People are f*cking crazy, and too prone to misunderstandings. Some guy tries to step in and do the right thing, he gets beat up for it. I gotta say, his costume is bad-ass, and let's face it: actually getting up the courage to do something like this is more than 95% of people could do, even without previous confrontations with the police. Though to be fair, I hope he does keeps his head down in the future, he's doesn't seem to be making enough of a positive impact yet to justify being thrown in jail. Then who will be left?

TokenRupee

Oct 2, 2010
RvLeshrac said:
Blablahb said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
I'm not even going to argue about you thinking Jones was the attacker in this because it's simply not a fact.
You see that more often with pro-violence and pro-weapons people: so far gone into their own convictions they can't even imagine the existance of other opinions, and they'll refuse to even argue it.

Kind of odd. Getting into a little accidental row when drunk in which nobody is hurt: bad. Conciously looking for a fight all night long and bearing weapons with the intention of committing assault: good.
AzrealMaximillion said:
Which is a completely different situation than this. Kicking groins and punching jaws to defend against a group is not the same as running in to stop a fight.
Why is it not? In this case the guy being assaulted by Jones and the others was defending himself against multiple attackers, one of which was armed. Obviously Jones' victim would've had any right to go apeshit on him.
AzrealMaximillion said:
So you call him a coward for going into a group of almost 10 people fighting with protection
I call him a coward and a criminal for carrying weapons, looking around for a fight, and then running away like a little ***** when a woman tries to slap him, and using a weapon against the first guy his own size he encounters.

The 'fight' you claim he broke up never existed. Jones is the only who escalated the situation into a fight in the first place.
AzrealMaximillion said:
Even is someone has a weapon out you still have to use reasonable force to stop them in the eyes of the law. Putting someone in the hospital over bringing out pepper spray is not reasonable.
Any means besides of using weapons you brought along, is reasonable in a situation where you're dealing with an armed attacker. You have only a few seconds before they use that pepperspray, render you helpless, and you die.

So by all means put his head through a wall, go for his eyes, knee him in the balls several times. If Jones didn't want that done to him, maybe he shouldnt have been looking for a fight, and bringing weapons to that fight.
He broke the fight up, told them to stop trying to assault him, then pepper sprayed them after *several minutes* of repeatedly telling them to stop trying to assault him, with repeated warnings that he was going to defend himself.

He broke up the fight between two groups of people outside the club. One group left. The other group assaulted them, attempted to run them over with vehicles, and threw rocks at them.

You'd rather the fight end up with the *clearly* violent group murdering some of the people in the other group. Phoenix would rather the fight end without anyone being severely injured. And that's why you're a miserable excuse for a human being, while he's an RLSH.
Gotta say. These two are making a lot more sense than Blahblahb. The guy is a hero, plain and simple.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
moviedork said:
lokiduck said:
I go to a college not toooo far from Seattle so when i saw the article on the front page about Seattle's super Hero I laughed an went "Really? When did we get one of those?"

From what I saw it's really hard to actually tell what occurred... though it was pretty funny seeing that woman chasing him.
How could someone from Seattle not know about Phoenix Jones?
College much? Not really around a news channel or even newspapers.

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
lokiduck said:
moviedork said:
lokiduck said:
I go to a college not toooo far from Seattle so when i saw the article on the front page about Seattle's super Hero I laughed an went "Really? When did we get one of those?"

From what I saw it's really hard to actually tell what occurred... though it was pretty funny seeing that woman chasing him.
Phoenix Jones has been patrolling Seattle for over a year. He made an appearance at Emerald City Comic Con.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
moviedork said:
lokiduck said:
moviedork said:
lokiduck said:

Phoenix Jones has been patrolling Seattle for over a year. He made an appearance at Emerald City Comic Con.
Still didn't know

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
lokiduck said:
moviedork said:
lokiduck said:
moviedork said:
lokiduck said:

Still didn't know
missing out!