Second Trailer For Marvel's Ant-Man Released

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
RedDeadFred said:
Lightknight said:
Well damn, I may actually enjoy this movie... didn't see that coming.

I guess I could trust Marvel to make a good movie out of anything at this point. Not sequels, but most anything else.
Ya, I'm surprised too. I really wasn't expecting much after the teaser trailer, but damn, this actually has me kind of excited.

The only thing that kind of worries me is that it seems like the main character's personality is just going to be another variation of the wise cracking, somewhat bad-boy, character that is fairly prevalent in these movies already. Just seems like he might be a more mopey version of Starlord or Stark. I guess it's hard to tell from just a trailer though.
Eh, it's what works for us. Cool and funny. I wouldn't expect that to go away any time soon. Characters like Superman or whatever else you may have in mind don't really seem to work all that well.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Lightknight said:
RedDeadFred said:
Lightknight said:

I guess I could trust Marvel to make a good movie out of anything at this point. Not sequels, but most anything else.
Ya, I'm surprised too. I really wasn't expecting much after the teaser trailer, but damn, this actually has me kind of excited.

The only thing that kind of worries me is that it seems like the main character's personality is just going to be another variation of the wise cracking, somewhat bad-boy, character that is fairly prevalent in these movies already. Just seems like he might be a more mopey version of Starlord or Stark. I guess it's hard to tell from just a trailer though.
Eh, it's what works for us. Cool and funny. I wouldn't expect that to go away any time soon. Characters like Superman or whatever else you may have in mind don't really seem to work all that well.
This actually made me realize something, is there a DC superhero WITHOUT a tragic homelife as part of their origin, you know dead parents / family, orphan, etc?

Darth Marsden

Sep 12, 2008
Happyninja42 said:
Actually I found the trainset thing to be kind of dumb. Ok so these guys are still super strong, super dense, and super durable? Why in the hell would they act like being hit a toy train would bother them at all?
Habit? Doesn't matter if it's a toy or not - if I see a train coming at me, I'm gonna freak out a bit.

I'm guessing after he emerges unscathed, Yellowjacket'll be all like "oh yeah, super suit. Duh."

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Lightknight said:
RedDeadFred said:
Lightknight said:

I don't care much for Superman either TBH. I don't want a protagonist to be a perfect being. That's just not very interesting IMO. It just seems like the genre is stuck with either goofy bad boy, or brooding loner, with the occasional variation. Who knows? Maybe that's just the personality type that being a hero requires (I know, I'm so deep).

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
RedDeadFred said:
Lightknight said:
RedDeadFred said:
Lightknight said:

I don't care much for Superman either TBH. I don't want a protagonist to be a perfect being. That's just not very interesting IMO. It just seems like the genre is stuck with either goofy bad boy, or brooding loner, with the occasional variation. Who knows? Maybe that's just the personality type that being a hero requires (I know, I'm so deep).
Can you think of another character type that may work? Something else you'd actually want to see?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Lightknight said:
RedDeadFred said:
Lightknight said:
RedDeadFred said:
Lightknight said:

Can you think of another character type that may work? Something else you'd actually want to see?
That's the thing. I'm so used to these models that I'm having a hard time even coming up with another one. Perhaps a more cold and calculated one? Think Ozymandias from Watchmen only not as extreme. A character with a greater aura of mystery could also be interesting. Maybe a boring office type thrown into a crazy scenario. How about a protective parent who struggles with putting the needs of the world ahead of the needs of their child? I'm not saying all of those would work (and they're probably cliches too -just not as tired IMO), but they might. Also, I don't know enough the Marvel universe to know if any of those would fit (or if they already exist outside of the films).