Secret gaming confessions

Jobz

May 5, 2008
-I've owned, played and finished every Final Fantasy game ever made including the ones only released in Japan (This obviously excludes FFXI because it is an MMO and can't technically be 'Finished' I've owned and played it though).

-Despite the above confession I hate every FF game after X, I only finished them because I felt obligated to.

-I hate every handheld game I've ever played other than the Pokemon games for the gameboy.

-The only Legend of Zelda game I've ever finished is Ocarina of Time.

-I've never played Starcraft or Diablo, but I did play Diablo II at a friend's house.

-Despite my hatred of people who play nothing but Guitar Hero and Halo and define themselves as 'Gamers' I love both series immensely.

-No matter how good I am at single player in a first person shooter I am always crap at multiplayer and have been beaten by people who have never played before.

-I never owned a console earlier than the Sega Saturn. (I did play NES, Genesis and SNES thanks to my neighbor however.)

-I hate racing games and fighting games with the exception of Midnight Club(The Series), Burnout(The Series), Mortal Kombat and Super Smash Bros. (The Series).

-I have never beaten a real time strategy game without using cheat codes.

-I never reached the maximum level on WoW and have stopped playing it. (My highest character is at level 45 currently.)

-I never finished the original Half-Life but have finished HL2, Episode 1 and Episode 2.

And last, but certainly not least:

-I never finished Chrono Trigger for the SNES, I only ever finished it on PSX.

darthgareth

May 6, 2008
I got an award for being the world's biggest mingebag, and I love turn based combat, and there has never been a game to this day that I havent loved (except for Sim world)

FranicalFrazical

May 5, 2008
Viva Pinata is one of my favourite games, I only play the medic class, I am always Neutral on Age of Empires and I hate the Halo and Final Fantasy franchises(takes cover)

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
- I'm such a shooter and fighting game geek that I'll sit and watch cup fights for Street Fighter 3, Virtua Fighter 5 etc on youtube.
- I'll do the same thing for Ikaruga (btw anyone who can beat that with no credits isn't human.)
- I'm very good at Guitar Hero, better at the game than I am at actually playing bass (which I've been playing for 7 years. If anyone's got any interest, here's a vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGtmBagbuM)
-

BaldingSteve

Apr 13, 2008
I always tell everyone that all Halo games except (maybe) for one sucked, yet I still get chills down my spine whenever I hear the opening theme.

I think anyone who plays MMORPGs like WoW have no life, yet I play trickster online.

I still play the Pokemon games, even blue and red.

I have never played Chrono Trigger and think any Final Fantasy is just a remake of the last.

I cried when Eli died at the end of HL2:EP2

I stopped playing CS:S and TF2 because people were mean to me, though I am playing again.

It took me about 5 hours to beat Portal

I bought Condemned:Criminal Origins last Saturday and beat it on Sunday, and I have beaten it again since then.

BaldingSteve

Apr 13, 2008
Strafe Mcgee said:
- I'm such a shooter and fighting game geek that I'll sit and watch cup fights for Street Fighter 3, Virtua Fighter 5 etc on youtube.
- I'll do the same thing for Ikaruga (btw anyone who can beat that with no credits isn't human.)
- I'm very good at Guitar Hero, better at the game than I am at actually playing bass (which I've been playing for 7 years. If anyone's got any interest, here's a vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGtmBagbuM)
-
Really? Do you play electric or upright? I've been playing electric for 5 years and I suck at Guitar Hero. I am very good at real bass though, and I'm trying to be modest.

CodeChrono

Mar 29, 2008
*I hate the Xbox and Xbox 360

*I heart Pokemon Games

*I geniunly enjoyed playing the "Series of Unfortunete Events" game.

*I've gone up to a year without picking up a controller.

*I find WOW destestable.

*I hate GTA.

Emmitt_Nervend

Jan 23, 2008
I loathe Nintendo. As a company, they are pompous and arrogant and focus more on making money than creating games of any substance. The only reason they are held in such high regard today is that the NES was the right thing at the right time in the dark days of gaming. (in my opinion).

Also, I think Shigeru Miyamoto is a hack who went off the deep end years ago.

Emmitt_Nervend

Jan 23, 2008
-I refuse to play 2d fighters or combo-heavy fighters for that matter.
-Survival/Horror is my favorite genre. I also will spend months on a single game, making little progress because I work myself up and think the game is scarier than it actually is.
-I pirate psp games to demo them before I buy.
-I've owned more than one Army Men game and I feel ashamed.
-I don't believe JRPGs are RPGs. In fact, I would consider Neverwinter Nights and The Elder Scrolls to be the closest a video game will get to a true RPG.
-I wouldn't mind it if I were to never play a video game again.
-When I was a kid, I beat Contra without knowing the Konami Code existed.
-I'm addicted to Smash Bros.
-If Comix Zone sees a proper sequel, I might have an orgasm.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
BaldingSteve said:
Strafe Mcgee said:
-
Really? Do you play electric or upright? I've been playing electric for 5 years and I suck at Guitar Hero. I am very good at real bass though, and I'm trying to be modest.
This is odd, seems all us bass players suck at Guitar Hero, I've been playing electric for 3 years just in case anyone cares :p

Frosk

Mar 12, 2008
Sylocat said:
Let me revive the thread with another confession:

In every review of Team Fortress 2 I've ever read (including Yahtzee's, sadly), the word "balance" and the phrase "well-balanced" are repeated over and over. I wonder why the word "repetitive" and the phrase "complete lack of variety" never seem to come up at all...
Maybe you should go back and watch that review again. He comments on the repetitive nature and lack of variety in TF2.

Kromlech

May 6, 2008
Let's see... I have a lot to confess...

-I've beaten MGS 1 multiple times just to see Snake in a tuxedo
-It usually takes me very very long times to beat games, if ever
-I start more games than I'll ever finish
-I have beaten Final Fantasy VII and VIII ONLY by using GameShark
-I beat Final Fantasy X three years after it came out, using someone else's save file
-I could not stand Morrowwind, but loved Oblivion
-I too made lesbians in the Sims
-I really enjoy hentai games
-I only like MMO's with a lot of visual character customization
-I hate World of Warcraft
-I hate EverQuest even more
-Would play GoldenEye for hours with a few friends every weekend, but would only end up bored and wanting to do something else
-I grew up on Sierra Adventure games; Kings Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, those kind of stuff
-I recently discovered the Lucas Arts adventure games; Monkey Island for example
-Used to call RPGs "games where you can walk around the whole screen", back when side-scrolling was pretty much all games were
-I've masturbated to the demonstration mode of Ivy in Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast
-I'm addicted to anything and everything cel-shaded, and will at least try it once if it using that graphic style
-Its hard for a single game to keep my attention that long
-I love Fable
-I love the Ultima games
-I wish there would be more adventure games; point and click rocks
-I use my PSP to play said point and click games; Sam and Max and Indana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
-Because of lack of time lately - my cell phone has been my main form of gaming; Orcs and Elves, Puzzle Quest...
-Not realizing there were different versions of Street Fighter 2; I once sat for about an hour trying to make Ryu 'run out' of blue fireballs so he can throw a red one
-Bought Auto Assault plus 3 month card just to TRY to get into the Tabula Rasa beta... but
still didn't
-I love City of Heroes but can't afford it right now
-I rented Mega Man 3 more times than I can remember, and I still don't own it
-I used to button mash in Final Fantasy II (IV) thinking it would help me out
-I liked Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
-It was a bad day when a friend in high school pointed out that I share the birthday with
Selphie from Final Fantasy VIII
-I gave Quest 64 a chance because I share the name with the main character
-I've made Brian, the Quest 64 boy do very 'questionable' things with other characters... low HP = huffing animation cycle... sheep, random people... exclamation point boy...; my friend Adam and I proceeded to do this for about an two hours one late night, and couldn't stop laughing the entire time
-I used to name RPG females after girls I had crushes on
-In Final Fantasy VII I named Cloud "Brian" and Vincent "BRIAN"
-I lent my SNES to a friend in high school and got him addicted to Chrono Trigger; to this day it's the only RPG he ever liked; plus named the characters after certain 'body parts' in various sounding names of that nature
-I got the Sega Saturn just for NiGHTS - Into Dreams
-the PlayStation 1 was the first game system I saved my money to buy
-I didn't get a analog controller for the PS1 until Resident Evil 3 came out
-I made my mom buy a GameCube because of the Resident Evil One remake
-I wouldn't play that remake unless the sun was up
-I wouldn't play that remake unless I was with my friend Steve; to keep me from being scared
-I rented the Nintendo 64 to play Mario 64 from blockbuster
-When my friends in high school would argue over which was better: the N64 for the PS1, I would say neither, the Dreamcast rules them both
-I was addicted to Starseige Tribes; and would always listen to Fatboy Slim's CD "You've Come a long way baby"
-But only would play on the fast paced 'ultra' servers where you had unlimited flying and high speed 'air sniping'
-I got very close to beating Zelda: A link to the past, but gave up on the Turtle Rock level; then years and years later, beat the game
-I LOVE the hint-books for classic adventure games
-Earthbound is still my favorite RPG
-Earthbound has the best guide book, period
-I still base modern voice acting in games on the amazing voice work in King's Quest VI on the PC
-King's Quest VI was the first REAL computer game I've played; started my love for adventure games
-I've never played Oregon Trail; but have played Word and Math Muncher!
-I still have my power pad
-I rented the power glove
-I didn't like Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube because I sucked with the aiming
-In Halo co-op I would start interested, but because of the level length I'd get bored about half way though the level
-I loved Grand Theft Auto: Vice City because it had 80s music
-I miss DDR
-Me and my wife go to Chuck E Cheeses to play Pump It Up for a quarter a game
-Rented King's Quest V on the NES just to try it; even though I had the CD-ROM one for the PC, it voices and all
-Cool Spot rocks
-I have a very strong pet peeve when it comes to the pronunciation of certain words common in games
-Was the first to preorder MGS 2 (before owning a PS2) at Babbiages; and lost that preorder when it became an EB Games
-Bought and skipped school the day the PS2 came out; got two games but didn't have enough
money to buy a memory card
-I have a very large collection of old game manuals (2/3s I own, 1/3 I would keep when I rented the game)
-Bought and enjoyed the game Apocalypse for the PS1 just because it starred Bruce Willis
-Thought there was a way to get Orchid in the arcade version of Killer Instant to face the camera when she did her flashing finishing move
-I know and knew what Ken and Ryu said when they did their moves (it was in the manual)
-I was obsessed with digital pets
-I have a big collection of Tiger hand helds
-I noticed the girls boobs in Jet Force Gemini actually bounce!
-I ended up owning 5 Nintendo 64s for some reason...
-I've given up on several songs in Guitar Hero and just learned them on the actual guitar
-Used to love the old Toy's R Us commercials because the father and son were dressed like the Super Mario Brothers
-Captain N was the man
-The Super Mario Brothers Super Show was the ish
-Was scared to play Friday the 13th on the NES... now I just laugh at how bad the game is
-I kept a notebook with graphics my mom made just to store the passwords for Mega Man 3 in them

Geez... I'm sure more... but I'm getting tired of sitting here thinking... ha!

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
Count_de_Monet said:
My belief is that Sim Tower was a masterpeice.
I still play Sim Tower. Only within the last few months have I had the determination necessary to get all five stars then I reformatted my computer and forgot to backup the saved game. I am currently searching for the CD.

I even tried to install Sim Copter recently so I would have an excuse to install Sim City 2000 (so I could fly around the towns I create) but I never got it working.
I have gotten five stars once. And I did it listening to Weird Al Yankovic.

Anyway...

Outside of Portal, I own zero first person shooters. I really don't want to classify Portal as an fps, but nothing else fits. Also, outside of Portal, I play nothing from Valve (but then, the first confession really covered that, didn't it?)

All my consoles date from the 16 bit era or further back.

I actually own a copy of the Atari E.T. game.

I have never, nor will I, play or own the Sims. Or MMORPGs, for that matter. Ditto any Final Fantasy game. And on top of that, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, DDR, anything real time strategy, and anything where you play against people online.

I actually bought Tomb Raider: Legend (my first foray into the series) because of the puzzles. And if you don't believe that...

I always play as a Redguard female in Morrowind and Oblivion. I don't know why. I have the nude patches, but since my characters are never out of armor, they go to waste.

I got the Hot Coffee mod for GTA San Andreas, found it confusing, not titillating in the least, and uninstalled it within half an hour.

I try to enjoy Zelda and Metroid, but always get lost and give up, even though I know maps are available.

I have never played Pokemon or any other card-based battle game, with cards or electronically. Yet somehow I always end up using Pikachu or (help me) Jigglypuff in Super Smash brothers.

I only found this site because I was looking up Portal on Wikipedia for some reason, Yahtzee got some mention, and I don't regret a single minute spent here.

(Moving away from game confessions, getting more flamboyant here, eh, whatever, ban me)

Name any movie or book that's been inexplicably popular in the last... 15 years. Chances are very good I haven't seen / read it and don't give a shit, either. To name a few, Titanic, Blair Witch Project, anything Harry Potter, I don't give a shit about any of it, nor did I at the time they we're popular.

On that note, I've never seen Old Yeller, Wizard of Oz, or the overwhelming majority of Disney movies.

Aside from listening to Weird Al, I am also fully capable of listening to ABBA, Cher and the full 17 minute version of Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida.

When I find the dipshit (or dipshits) responsible for associating ABBA and Cher with the gay community, I'll... *evil thoughts*, that's what I'll do, because I'm not, and I'm tired of explaining that to people.

On that tangent, I can't stand the Beatles, Elvis, Fleetwood Mack, or Led Zeppelin, and have no idea what people are hearing that I'm not.

I have never used "leetspeak" or internet acronyms for any reason.

I have never read any sort of religious scripture, nor set foot in any sort of religious building.

And, to finish laying my soul bare for the world to see, I traded my El Camino for a Pontiac Fiero, in spite of the fact both are almost universally reviled.

Yes, I realize I practically confess to atheism (okay, I confess, happy?) and then use the phrase "my soul". Well, religion has all the best phrases. I don't like it, but I deal with it, and you should too, or create some new phrases and let me in on them.

Piemaster

Apr 22, 2008
I dislike Final Fantasy
I enjoyed Yu-GI-Oh! World Championship 2008 for the DS
I liked the plot twist in Assassins Creed
I used to be a member in Runescape
I really suck at all RTSs

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
For all those who said 'I've never played Starcraft' or some blizzard classic - Blizzard JUST opened a new digital download store.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Oh hey, I know one that would really get me crucified...

"Jack Thompson is a genius, and I agree with him whole-heartedly."

I doubt anyone here actually thinks that, but if you do and you say it, you've got guts.