Secrets of Valve's "Bald Guy" Revealed

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
z3rostr1fe said:
That was Dr. Breen(You will be... missed.) whom you were referring to. I was referring to *that* other guy who died in HL2... Or did he?
I think Eli Vance (The character) died, but I don't know of anyone else involved with the game who died.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
dancinginfernal said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Where did they get the Valve logo SOUND, now?
The Valve sound was from the Half-Life 1 soundtrack, I thought? Can't remember which specific song though.
That would be Hazardous Environment.

<youtube=o5iUt1EtUqs>
ha ha!

I played portal first, then half life (on PS2)

It was awesome when that song played, as I had grown to like that noise.

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
coldalarm said:
z3rostr1fe said:
That was Dr. Breen(You will be... missed.) whom you were referring to. I was referring to *that* other guy who died in HL2... Or did he?
I think Eli Vance (The character) died, but I don't know of anyone else involved with the game who died.
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't(re-animated by an advisor?)... As long as there's no sequel yet, we can't really tell what happens after *that* incident. :)

Narcogen

Rampant.
Jul 26, 2006
I always thought the bald guy was Marcellus Wallace. After he got the valve removed, he put a band-aid there.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Tom Goldman said:
Later, Ray added that fans have also been questioning why the "E" at the end of Valve is written in superscript, i.e. like this: VALVE. He's writing that story up now, so look forward to it in the near future.
Came across this interesting post on Reddit:

<quote=fngkestrel>The rumor I heard was that when they were creating the logo, they had the word all over the floor and it kept looking like the word 'value', so they superscripted the e to bring attention to the second v.
Total hearsay, so don't quote me on it.

Guess what fngkestrel? I just quoted you.
HOOOOO! It's on NOW!

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Where did they get the Valve logo SOUND, now?
It's part of the Half-Life 1 soundtrack, made by Kelly Bailey.

Oops, someone already posted it. Anyway.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
i've always found their splash logos to be vaguely unsettling. now it's even more unsettling.

anytime, anywhere, VALVe will come and mutilate you!

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
...Kinda looks like Cee Lo Green

But that's just because he has a big fat head and little ears

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
The hell? I have never seen the dude with the thing in his eye. Just the one with it sticking out of the back of his head.