See Germans Go Insane Over PS4 Launch

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Someone told them it contained an AI chip with a program of a digital David Hasselhoff.

Psychobabble said:
Well wouldn't be the first time we've seen Germans go apeshit over something tawdry and with questionable value. David Hasselhoff springs to mind. ...... as does the Reichstag. ....*SLAPS SELF* NO!! Bad Psychobabble!!
Pinky, you were pondering what I was pondering!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
james.sponge said:
Mein Gott! This is preposterous, you know it's not like ps4 won't available next month or something. You can still buy it when the next shipment arrives :p
Actually these shipments are getting sold out left, right, and center. I don't know how it's like in the rest of Europe, but in Holland anyone who hasn't preordered a PS4 will have to likely wait till february.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Someone told them it contained an AI chip with a program of a digital David Hasselhoff.

Psychobabble said:
Well wouldn't be the first time we've seen Germans go apeshit over something tawdry and with questionable value. David Hasselhoff springs to mind. ...... as does the Reichstag. ....*SLAPS SELF* NO!! Bad Psychobabble!!
What is it with Germans and David Hasselhoff. Wait, let me rephrase that: What is it with Americans thinking germans love David Hasselhoff?
I am German, yet i don't love David Hasselhoff. I haven't met any Germans that proclaimed there love for David Hasselhoff and i don't know any people that have met Germans that proclaimed their love for David Hasselhoff.
(Just to be save: I don't hate him either, i just don't care about him).

balberoy

Aug 19, 2011
Honestly, David Hasselhoff boils down to the one time when he sang in fornt of the Berlin Wall, "I've been looking for Freedom". He made himself a symbol that way. I don't like his music or his acting. But that is why he is/was very famous in germany.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I wonder, why not order it online? Is there a problem with waiting a few days or a week? Don't these people have any dignity? Like wild animals. This behavior disgusts me.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ultra consumerism at it's very finest, people are now willing to trample each other for divine the privilege of stuffing corporations with money... I would call it insane but that requires some form of concious thought, no this shit has gone well beyond prehistoric.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
loa said:
What the fuck.
Like, you have the ps4 and then what?
Hope you enjoy a very mediocre killzone I guess??

It's like people clawing through masses to get an apple computer or the newest version of the i-phone day 1 except that you can actually do something with those right away.
Just, why?
I have to be honest, I think it would be fun if you go there and treat the whole thing like a game/race. The goal of the game would be to arrive as early as possible and then race to the PS4 and then see who rush towards the register as fast as possible. Once your at the cash register though, you just leave and don't buy anything, hahaha.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
It's like Black Fiday except for a single item and people are standing to the side laughing instead of worrying about being crushed.
Helmholtz Watson said:
I have to be honest, I think it would be fun if you go there and treat the whole thing like a game/race. The goal of the game would be to arrive as early as possible and then race to the PS4 and then see who rush towards the register as fast as possible. Once your at the cash register though, you just leave and don't buy anything, hahaha.
And after that you hand the PS4 to the person who looks the most injured. "You have not suffered for naught, my child." Bonus points if you're dressed as a priest.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
I see I'm not the only one who thought of zombies >.<
Of course not, I don't think any comparison would be more fitting. They're consume zombies :p

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
VanQ said:
It's like watching a horde of zombies in Left 4 Dead! If I saw that coming at me from under the doors as a staff member I think I'd be cracking out the Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit just in case.
Gold star you pretty much described the situation perfectly.

Although I'm kind of sad to see some posters taking this funny video seriously. Clearly those people don't give two craps about others opinions on the ps4, they just want to play it. lol

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
kailus13 said:
And after that you hand the PS4 to the person who looks the most injured. "You have not suffered for naught, my child." Bonus points if you're dressed as a priest.
Just make sure that you have somehow behind you with an iPod-speaker playing something like this....

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Is that an example of a good dubstep remix or a bad one? I honestly can't tell.

Also I would have just put the boxes on a rolling cart and pushed it out the door.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
james.sponge said:
Mein Gott! This is preposterous, you know it's not like ps4 won't available next month or something. You can still buy it when the next shipment arrives :p
Actually these shipments are getting sold out left, right, and center. I don't know how it's like in the rest of Europe, but in Holland anyone who hasn't preordered a PS4 will have to likely wait till february.
How about buying it in France (Germany seems to be out of the question at the moment :) )? Most of European countries are in EU so it should be tax free and all - still paying for shipping sucks :/.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
So this is the type of situation where all the complaints about broken consoles at launch come from.

It all makes sense now.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
I heard that there was a higher rate of failure for PS4's in Germany. Granted it was just a friend on Facebook who lives in Germany and I have yet to really see evidence of this. That being said I can only imagine the rage of people who find out their console is one of the unlucky ones.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Amaror said:
FalloutJack said:

Psychobabble said:
What is it with Germans and David Hasselhoff. Wait, let me rephrase that: What is it with Americans thinking germans love David Hasselhoff?
I am German, yet i don't love David Hasselhoff. I haven't met any Germans that proclaimed there love for David Hasselhoff and i don't know any people that have met Germans that proclaimed their love for David Hasselhoff.
I have no idea what it's all about, but it must be something to have established such a line of thinking.

Spiridion

Oct 17, 2011
I know it shouldn't, but as an American I have to admit that this does make me feel a bit better about Black Friday. I still think it's insane, of course, and continue in my resolution to avoid pretty much any store on such days... but it's comforting to know we're not the only folks that temporarily lose our shit over material goods.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Amaror said:
FalloutJack said:

Psychobabble said:
Yeah, it's all about Til Schweiger in this day and age!