Sega Working on Dreamcast Retail Collection

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
At last I can pretend I have a real (HD) Dreamcast and play Jet Set Radio and Shenmue on a real console, without using shoddy emulators!

SJXarg

Sep 20, 2010
NiGHTS into Dreams/Shining the Holy Ark........

Wait that's Saturn, not Dreamcast :(

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
3 Games they better release!

1)Toy Commander
2)Chu-Chu Rocket
3)Cookies and Cream...although I think that was on PS2...

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I've got a dreamcast and a copy of Seaman somewhere... I certainly wouldn't mind being able to play it with achievements though. ...or prehaps, A SEQUEL?

I always thought it was odd Seaman never got a PS2 port, did it not sell well?

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
RvLeshrac said:
Xzi said:
C'mon Jet Set Radio and Power Stone. I'll take Crazy Taxi if they want to throw it in as well.

I'd love to see Bomber Hehhe! on there.

And yes, no bloody changes. I'd still like to know what idiot decided to change the music in Crazy Taxi. Without Offspring playing, the game is ass.
Odds are, they can't renew the license. This is copyright law at work...

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Chu Chu Rocket!

Evolution 1 and 2!

Toy Commander!

Jet Set Radio!

Shenmue!

Powerstone 1 and 2!

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
Gindil said:
RvLeshrac said:
Xzi said:
C'mon Jet Set Radio and Power Stone. I'll take Crazy Taxi if they want to throw it in as well.

I'd love to see Bomber Hehhe! on there.

And yes, no bloody changes. I'd still like to know what idiot decided to change the music in Crazy Taxi. Without Offspring playing, the game is ass.
Odds are, they can't renew the license. This is copyright law at work...
If it was someone who'd just blown up, I'd say "probably." But not Offspring. Not Bad Religion, either.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Up, down, left, right, CHEW~ CHEW~ CHEW~

Oh man. Space Channel 5 has been stuck in my head since the day it was released.
I almost let out a squee of joy when i read the title of this post. Some of my favorite years were spent on the Dreamcast.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Glee.

GLEEEEEEEEE.

ee.

As it stands, this could be great. Power Stone, Sonic adventure 1 and 2, that sort of thing. Include Ikaruga and it becomes a massive bargain.

loremazd

Dec 20, 2008
Dear god give me shenmue and shenmue 2! And make shenmue 3 while you're at it. Also that semi terrible Berserk game, and Jet set, and Skies of Arcadia, and dont forget Powerstone! And Phantasy star!

Seamen too, wierd as it was.

I swear, Shenmue and The Longest Journey have been in limbo for far too long.

loremazd

Dec 20, 2008
Flunk said:
Segas Bass Fishing is probably the single most boring game made in the last 25 years (Yes I realize it is only about 10 years old). I'm not even sure it qualifies as a game, more of a boredom simulator and boredom is only really good when it's real.

Shenmue 2 would be particularly good because it never came out in the US (or Canada). I had to pirate my copy, which of course was very easy to do because Dreamcast's copy protection was laughably poor.

P.S. Sonic Colours is basically Sonic Adventure 6 if you count Sonic Heroes (most annoying voiceovers ever), Sonic the Hedgehog (horrible reviews, haven't played) and Sonic Unleashed (any time you're not the "werehog" isn't too bad).
Shenmue 2 did come out for the xbox, and is thankfully backwards compatable with the 360, but it is hard to find.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Sounds good. I can finally play Shenmue and see if it's as good as people say. That plus Crazy Taxi, AND Sonic Adventure AND Jet Set Radio all on the same disc would be pretty awesome.

[sub]On a small insignificant note, I just realised SoulCalibur has been a downloadable title for ages hasn't it?[/sub]

Chyber_Kang

Nov 9, 2010
I have heard some complaints in-regard to possible upgrades of the original releases, but I would say that I can think of one if my favourites of the Dreamcast's titles; being Skies of Arcadia, had its bugs in its original form. Some spastic graphical issues at times, and one being a bug in the system that caused a random encounter every three-four steps. Also all of the DLC was lost with the dreamcasts ability to get online being pretty much senseless after a time. In researching I found that it is still actually possible, and private servers still exist to play a small list of games that had online support... but as stated-prior, pretty much senseless. (tangent, sorry) ...but in the Nintendo re-release of 'Skies' the DLC was recovered, and the bug was fixed, but sadly the "Pico" VMU minigame portion of the games was lost... which once I had played from Missouri to California and back in an RV on a trip with my grandparents, just to meet a girl I had met on a message board... (too much information) ...but somehow with Nintendos upgrades came the sacrifice of Pico, and the apprehension of my VMU and Dreamcast, came the loss of many hours spent racking-up an un-godly amount of extra items for Skies of Arcadia!!! ...but the real point in all of this is that maybe they could bring some new life into these old titles, like putting the best of Nintedo's update for Skies, and maybe finding a new way to instill the old Pico mini-game into the actual game itself.

I also heard Crazy-Taxi Mentioned, and honestly I think that maybe if it allowed for you to play the music you had on your hard-drive to play, that would make-up for any randow issues there is with the music changing. You could just listen to whatever you felt-like that way.

Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

...so essentially, I think we should just hope for the best. I know I am happy to hear that even some of these games are being talked about being revitalized. I do have a Dreamcast, but re-building that collection I had lost has proven to be pretty difficult, but the prospect of seeing them get a second chance, and possibley in a new and improved light is pretty exciting to me!

ArMartinez02

Mar 10, 2010
PLEASE!!!!!!!! Sega, continue JSRF PLEASE!!!!!! I love that game and will kill anyone that otherwise say so. that game is so full of win.