Sequels everyone wants but stupid companies won't make

dorm41baggins

Feb 24, 2009
I'd like to see a new Descent- either a new game or a remake of the original with a modern engine would be great.

simmeh

Jan 25, 2009
Eternal Darkness - The insanity effects are just so cool. As Yahtzee said, this is what Silicon Knights should have been working on instead of Too Human.

Startropics - If you've played it, you know. Mike deserves a 3D makeover.

Ogre Battle - With such a unique gameplay concept, it'll always have at least niche appeal. Sadly, the series seems to be dead, even though Atlus needs 2 or 3 more games to complete the story.

Chrono Trigger - Sorry, just my fanboy instincts talking.

Gishface

Jul 14, 2008
Psychonauts 2. It'll obviously never get made now that Schafer is doing Brutal Legend, but come one, they even left the ending open for a sequel!

Also, I'd like a legit KOTOR 3 instead of a mummorpugher. But that could still happen.

doomgaze3 said:
With the recent success of BioShock, you'd think EA would be all over System Shock 3 with a vengeance. However, no information has been forthcoming and, indeed, EA seems to be ignoring the huge pile of money they could make from the 'Shock license. EA. The publisher that invented whoring out their franchises. Won't even think about whoring out a license they've been SITTING ON for years. W. T. F.
They already made System Shock 2. It's called "Bioshock."
simmeh said:
Eternal Darkness - The insanity effects are just so cool. As Yahtzee said, this is what Silicon Knights should have been working on instead of Too Human.

Ogre Battle - With such a unique gameplay concept, it'll always have at least niche appeal. Sadly, the series seems to be dead, even though Atlus needs 2 or 3 more games to complete the story.

I see you refuse to recognize Chrono Cross. Mind explaining why?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I'm sure there are many who want a SSB Melee 2 cause Brawl took a step in the wrong direction.

simmeh

Jan 25, 2009
doomgaze3 said:
simmeh said:

I see you refuse to recognize Chrono Cross. Mind explaining why?
Sorry, I wasn't explicit enough there. I want a sequel in the Chrono Series.

Argentavis

Mar 18, 2009
To all those saying Homeworld 3, Relic heavily hints they are looking into it... but, as always, they can't say anything. They sure like to taunt us.

Also, Warlords: Battlecry 3. I'd kill to see a WBC4 with more races, better graphics and a new campaign. Steve Fawkner himself said he'd love to do it, but five years after, no other mention has been made...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
River City Ransom
Eternal Darkness
Dungeon Keeper
Carnivores

Those are what come to my mind at the moment.
River City Ransom sequel exists, it's for the GBA.

Let me throw one out. Megaman Legends. A sort of 3d action metroidis with some light RPG elements. They made a 1 and a 2 (and a Misadventures of Tron Bonne! in the middle) and 2 ended on a cliffhanger...

For that matter, a more adult megaman in 3d.