SEQUELS THAT WERE BETTER THAN THE ORIGINALS

Apr 28, 2008
Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect.

I love the first one, but the other two just provide much better experiences.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Terramax said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Nolan's Dark Knight to Nolan's Batman Begins!
Nah, the first was much better.

For starters it actually seemed to, you know, be set in Gotham.
I disagree with your main point, but I did always notice that as well xD

And by notice, I mean right up until the 5 minute mark, where the film blew my balls off and I no longer cared.

OT: Empire is better than A New Hope, ME 2 better than Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed 2 better than Assassin's Creed 1, BioShock 2 better than 1, and I'm all out for now.

Game sequels tend to be better, film sequels tend to be worse.

I don't get Spider Man 2 though, never particularly liked that film.

Apr 28, 2008
this isnt my name said:
Fallout new vegas. Shit I went tere.
*awaits fallout(1,2,3, tactics and BoS)fans with pitchforks*
Its kinda similar so I am going to say 3 was better than the originals too, sure the writing sucked, but gameplay is much better.
*sees people making a cross*
I actually agree.

I'd say New Vegas is the best Fallout game. Yeah 1 and 2 are good, but the gameplay is just awful. Plus, New Vegas doesn't need to use VATS as a crutch for shitty gameplay, like Fallout 3 had to.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Teehee, operator got banned.
Teehee.

Also,
Terminator 3.
Terminator 2 was just.... God, that kid's haircut....

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
this isnt my name said:
Fallout new vegas. Shit I went tere.
*awaits fallout(1,2,3, tactics and BoS)fans with pitchforks*
Its kinda similar so I am going to say 3 was better than the originals too, sure the writing sucked, but gameplay is much better.
*sees people making a cross*
i completely agree

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
pokemon silver and gold to the origional only because you could go back to the origional region that had changed over time

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
seing that AC Brotherhood could be considered a "sequel" to AC2, i think i would like to name that one, i loved brotherhood, and i genuinelly wanted to finish it %100, not like AC2... that i didnt cared for everything xcept for the story.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
I'll go with Aliens, it just edges the first film. Of course they're barely even in the same genre so it isn't fair to compare them.

But it, the abyss and the first two terminator films mean that I can forgive James Cameron of almost anything

I'm actually going to go order it of amazon now

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Furious Styles said:
I'll go with Aliens, it just edges the first film. Of course they're barely even in the same genre so it isn't fair to compare them.

But it, the abyss and the first two terminator films mean that I can forgive James Cameron of almost anything
These are my feelings, though I'm not sure I'd go with saying Aliens is better than the original. I certainly watch it more often (about 3 fucking times a week) than the original, but I really do truly love the original.

And James Cameron needs a time machine to go back to the 80s so he can re-learn how to make a damn movie. I know that leaves Terminator 2 out, but I like the first one FAAAAAR more, anyways. Maybe it's because I have a total man-crush on Michael Biehn...

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
Snake Plissken said:
And James Cameron needs a time machine to go back to the 80s so he can re-learn how to make a damn movie. I know that leaves Terminator 2 out, but I like the first one FAAAAAR more, anyways. Maybe it's because I have a total man-crush on Michael Biehn...
I prefer the first one too, its just... leaner. You know? less bloated and more kickass and it doesn't have the annoying late 80s/early 90's preteen pain in the ass in it. T2 is still awesome, but I definitely prefer the first one.

YazBar

Jun 23, 2010
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence was way better than Ghost in the Shell 1 (number 1 was still great dont get me wrong)

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

It's a frontier town IN SPACE! With story arcs! War! And an awesome cast of extras (who doesn't like Quark's regulars?)

Most importantly of all Starfleet isn't pure and good and has a CIA/KGB group out to protect itself from threats at ANY cost (including genocide)

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Blitzwarp said:
Agent Poole said:
Blitzwarp said:
...Um, Crispin Glover didn't sue them over using his footage because he believed the film was better than the first one, he sued because he didn't get paid for it.

As for me, I found Madagascar Escape 2 Africa better than Madagascar. There was more plot and lulz.
erm where in my post does it say that? i suggest you get your facts straight before you go around trying to prove others wrong, and dont try and out back to the future me because ill cream your ass boy
1. Quote: "and whats best is Crispin Glover actually sued over the use of documented footage in the film without personal permission". Considering the lack of punctuation between your reasons BTTF 2 was better than the original, it sounds like the Crispin Glover comment is also a reason the sequel was better than the original. In fact, even by itself it sounds that way.

2. I'm a girl.
I think that was said sarcastically as tongue-in-cheek and seriously... What the fuck, Moderators? Suspended.. for that post? I doubt it was even said vindictively... This is just getting beyond a damn joke.
First LegendaryGamer0, and now this? honestly...
-Tabs-

Also... Bioshock II, hands down.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
I think that was said sarcastically as tongue-in-cheek and seriously... What the fuck, Moderators? Suspended.. for that post? I doubt it was even said vindictively... This is just getting beyond a damn joke.
First LegendaryGamer0, and now this? honestly...
-Tabs-

Also... Bioshock II, hands down.
One day. It was a one-day suspension. Tongue-in-cheek or not, that was a pretty obvious decision there.

Don't throw a fit.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
We can just summarize it with

Whenever a good idea, performed with limited ressources, was sucessfull enough that it could arrange a sequel with better funding, while still keeping its originality.

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
In film: Empire Strikes Back (bestest Star Wars ever), Godfather pt. II, Terminator 2, Aliens, Addams Family Values (Christina Ricci's deadpan humor was priceless), Spiderman 2 ('cause Doc Ock was my favorite villian from the comics and the pacing was better). The Dark Knight.

yaz1410 said:
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence was way better than Ghost in the Shell 1 (number 1 was still great dont get me wrong)
Oh hell yes, I'm not even into anime, but "Innocence" blew my mind.
movienut said:
Tron Legacy. Yeah, I said it.
I agree; CLU was a better villain than MCP. The new 'derezzing' looking way more freakish too. Also who can argue with Olivia Wilde in a tron suit. I did hate the ending though.

In games: Alien vs. Predator 2. If only the movie's plot was even half as good. Half Life 2, Doom 3, Marathon 2: Durandal, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and StarCraft 2 (Oh yeah, I went there.)