Serial Killer Round 47: It's Over!

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
@Link: I must have missed that conversation. I was deliberately careful to keep any game-changing information like that hidden.

I think I spoke too soon about the thematic deaths. Seriously, were there many other "police-themed" deaths after I said that [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.399964.16515573]?

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
This one's a nail-biter, ain't it?

The lights shutter all at once, waking me from a deep sleep. I waken in the white room, my all too familiar prison. They fixed me after that first day; stitched me up and cast my bones. It's been five months since then, and they have never been back.

Three rounds. One hundred and fifty one days, alone in the same room, for what? For one hapless psychopath no one can catch. I keep my ear to the wall. I hear their footsteps. I hear their lives. Each time I smile when another is lost.

I stink like shit.

This should be the end now. There are four players on the field, and I'm in here. This should be the end.

A panel in the wall slides away, and a woman steps into the room. No toys. Just her and me.

"Hello," I say.

She sits in the chair in the middle of the room. I am confined in the corner, my legs shackled to the bed frame. I sit on the blood-stained mattress and look at her.

"You came to me. That must mean they're coming for you."

She crosses her arms.

"I have been in this cell since the day you arrived. That's kind of fitting, eh? That you'd be the one to bury me in the ground."

She doesn't even say a word. She's tense; smiling like she doesn't have a care in the world, but anyone can tell she's nervous.

"Not much of a talker, are you?"

I look down at the ground; at my cuffed wrists, red from the wear and tear. I smile.

"Do you know why I am here?"

Not a word.

"You have killed... what, seven people? Impressive for your first time."

I lean forward and look at her.

"You know how many I killed? Ten. Over two rounds. That was from in here. Had them put to death. One of them was a killer. The rest weren't, but they were just as guilty. They played the game, just like you and I did."

She relaxes, and lets her smile fade.

"At first I didn't know. Maybe it was because I pissed off all the wrong people. Maybe it was all a bad joke. Now... Now I'm sure."

"I was put here to kill. Just like you."

I grin, showing her all of my missing teeth.

"It's easy when you know the right people. They put you in a position of power, you ask the right questions. Someone dies, you step in to fill the gap. Either way, they follow you without saying a word. Even in a cell like this, when you think there's no way out, you'll find a crack in the wall."

She stands up and walks away.

"It's a matter of chipping the wall away. You see the outside, you find a couple of suckers to do your dirty work. You find your freedom."

She steps out the door.

"I found my freedom."

The panel closes behind her. I close my eyes. A loud hiss had filled the room.

There was fire; and then, nothing.

Two men walk down a long corridor. The tunnels under Murderville seemed to go on for miles; the poorly-lit path marked only by light-bulbs hanging from the ceiling. A draft from the tunnel would sway the lights, pushing the survivors back with greater force the further they pressed on. They followed her down; deeper and deeper into the Black Mountain where the townsfolk came to rest.

She had chosen her resting place. They would meet her there.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
@RaN: *twitch*

So you know that death that had been floating around in the back of my head? Now I can't do it because you just used the crux elements from it (ominous conversation with the killer revealing own dark nature, dying by fire, the second to last line!!).

Good death. Now get out of my brain. >.<

@Voting: Oh my god this shouldn't be taking so long. :/

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Link_to_Future said:
@Voting: Oh my god this shouldn't be taking so long. :/
Sorry! Midterms/papers! D:

Yes, that's a no brainer, but [user]Terratina.[/user] was the killer and she is now dead. The game is over. You can now arise from your graves.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Schizzy said:
Could it be? Could someone finally de-throne Neo as King of SK and end the gloating and showboating we've endured for so long?
Oh, you'll never be able to end the showboating. NEVAR!

Also, I live!

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Oh...well that was somehow both protracted and sudden. x.x

I think I might try to start writing something tomorrow. If any of the final three want to play around with it, let me know. If not, well, I'll just take liberties. :p

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
@Redlin5: Alas, that is the nature of SK.

What is dead may never die, until it comes back to life again only to be lynched >.>.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
@Neo: Teh horrors!

@Liz: I guess this isn't what you imagined when you decided to make a comeback.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Yeeeaaahhh... Not gonna lie, I was seriously hoping that the killer would have at least made an announcement of her death, or at least acknowledge that she'd be the new GM, which is why I've been keeping my mouth shut and giving her time to do it herself.

But that doesn't seem to be case.

So... considering how I did a craptacular job this round, should we decide who should be the next GM if she doesn't want to do it?

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
@War Penguin: Yeah, I'm rather not do it. A deathy death of death will be here probably by tomorrow.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
@Terratina.: Alright, then. That's a clear and definitive answer if I've ever seen one. :p

So... who wants to be new GM? Huh? Anyone?

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
If need be I guess I can go again. Would mean I actually pay attention instead of going blissfully unaware as the first kill.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Deciding if I want to take up the responsibility of GM. Don't wanna muss it up, but wanna hone my skills managing a game.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I'll leave the choice up to you guys. I'm also mulling over whether or not I should join the next round. Or the round after that either. Round 50, I'll definitely be in, though. But it's probably best that I'm not in the next two...