Series That You Loved That Were Prematurly Cancelled

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
cotss2012 said:
Attercap said:
Freaks & Geeks
F&G was offensive shit and should have been canceled during the first episode's opening credits.
To each their own, I guess. ...Which is one of the great things about living in today's era, everyone can find a show that they like! Even if that show is sometimes short-lived.

Oh, and along with "Reaper" and "Better Off Ted" (which make my top 10 shows I wanted more episodes of), I'm going to add "God, The Devil, And Bob" to my list.

Alordo

Mar 1, 2011
Dresden Files, Firefly, Reaper, Dead Like Me, Journeyman, the new Knight Rider, In Plain Sight, and so many others. Though I'm not sure if some of you understand cancelled prematurely. If a show has over 4 seasons these days, that's a flipping record. Heroes was getting itself back on track, but they had already shot themselves by making it revolve around Sylar instead of the heroes.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
pyrox52 said:
Dragonclaw said:
Transformers Animated
Transformers Animated finished it wasn't cancelled. OT: My list: Invader Zim, Megas XLR,Spectacular Spiderman, Sonic SatAM, and Teen Titans.
I've been able to speak with Derrick Wyatt on several occasions and seen him speak at Botcon. There were most definately plans for season 4 and beyond...when Hasbro bought The Hub however CN pulled the plug on future seasons...

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Megas XLR. Why was it cancelled? It had funny characters, nice episodes and an amazin soundtrack.
Although, they went away with a bang (sorry, it's reversed):

Also, Samurai Jack. How many other cartoon series could portray characters with (most of the time) minimum dialogue?

I think they should make a 2 hour movies for each of the cartoons in order to finish the story.
And it'll be fine if they were to be released straight on dvd's.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Well Megas XLR comes to mind. I love parodies.

Also Sarah Connor Chronicles is taken too early from us.

EDIT:Why did it have to be Samurai Jack?

njrk97

May 30, 2011
storm hawks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_Hawks

and
dragon booster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Booster

Both where awesome both ended on cliff hanger(storm hawks even more so) and both need more episodes

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
James Cameron's: Dark Angel
Irwin Allen's: Lost In Space among others, such a shame they were canned

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Spectacular Spider-Man and Megas XLR were shut down in their prime an that sucks.

For most non animated TV series I've adopted a bit of a weird policy.

If the story is designed to tell one long story I'm not watching until I'm guaranteed a series finale (See Babylon 5 and LOST).

Exceptions are made for shows where each season is a self contained story (Dexter, Dr. Who) or the show is entirely episodic and there's no metaplot to be bothered with. (Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU)

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
I woulds\ say Angel but the comics continued the series plot so i'll go with Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go and Get ED both of which ended with a ton of unresolved questions.

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
Dood said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Lessee.. Firefly, MEGAS XLR, Samurai Jack, Symbonic Titan, The Spectacular Spider-man, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go... yes, most of these are cartoons, why do you ask?
This so much(though I haven't watched Firefly) and to add Danny Phantom, Class of 3000, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls, Storm Hawks, Mucha Lucha, League of Super Evil, Xiaolin Showdown, Jackie Chan Adventures, Static Shock, Zoids, Jimmy Neutron, Invader Zim, El Tigre, Lilo and Stitch, American Dragon, Dave the Barbarian, etc. And probably other things people have said.

So basically anything from the 90s to the 2000s before everyone wanted to do live action shows and stuff.

Also for videogames Psychonauts I loved that game it was awesome, fun, and funny and it left itself open for a sequel with the ending though I have heard Psychonauts 2 might come and I really hope it does if it can match up to the first one.[/
Dood said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Lessee.. Firefly, MEGAS XLR, Samurai Jack, Symbonic Titan, The Spectacular Spider-man, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go... yes, most of these are cartoons, why do you ask?
This so much(though I haven't watched Firefly) and to add Danny Phantom, Class of 3000, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls, Storm Hawks, Mucha Lucha, League of Super Evil, Xiaolin Showdown, Jackie Chan Adventures, Static Shock, Zoids, Jimmy Neutron, Invader Zim, El Tigre, Lilo and Stitch, American Dragon, Dave the Barbarian, etc. And probably other things people have said.

So basically anything from the 90s to the 2000s before everyone wanted to do live action shows and stuff.

Also for videogames Psychonauts I loved that game it was awesome, fun, and funny and it left itself open for a sequel with the ending though I have heard Psychonauts 2 might come and I really hope it does if it can match up to the first one.
Danny Phantom,Powerpuff Girls,Xiaolin Showdown, Jackie Chan Adventures and Static Shock all had series finales that wrapped the shows up well enough.

Metal_Head

Oct 18, 2011
The Sarah Connor Chronicles! My god I wish that show wasn't cancelled. The last episode was so good with a massive twist at the end and it was cancelled.

Samurai Jack. I need to know how his story ends.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Despite having a nice ending to it's second season, Jericho should have gone past that for another couple seasons with it's story. It was a damn shame that Xander Berkeley only appeared (ignoring all the voice-only segments) for a single episode. He was building up into a good antagonist. There is the comic series but that isn't coming out anywhere near regularly enough to be a proper supplement.

Farscape is another show that I think should have had another season, but just one. It ended well enough but the mini-series just wasn't long enough to show how truly epic the finale could have been.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Firefly is the obvious one.

Not so obvious, Samurai Jack. His revenge was never completed! >.<

lunavixen said:
James Cameron's: Dark Angel...
also this. Mostly because Jessica Alba was so damn sexy in that show.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
-Seraph- said:
No mention of Farscape? *hangs head in disappointment*

Could have gone on way longer than 4 seasons, fucking brilliant sci-fi show. I didn't mind the movie end, but god damn I wish they could have kept going.

Scorpius was one of to best antagonists I've ever had the fun of witnessing.
I entered this topic to scream FARSCAPE!

It's one of the best and coolest sci-fi shows I've ever seen. And I've seen all of them. I will never accept Peacekeeper Wars as canon.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
stargate atlantis needs to be brought back. I mean it was a really good series and hell they could even tie it in with and fix the horible stargate universe series.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
BOOM headshot65 said:
Well, considering others have already been said, I will just go with another.

Kid friendly, buddy-buddy cop drama...in really big midde school. School Principal instead of a mayor, Car theft replaced with bike theft, slingshots instead of guns, smuggling spices instead of drugs, Beatdowns instead of murder, indefenate detention instead of life in prison, and so on. (but strangly enough, "no rebel groups" against the authority) Here is an episode to show what I mean.

I second this. It was the only watchable show on the Disney channel. Unsurprisingly, it was also one of the least successful.

Others I'd like to add are:

...and...

firewalker66

Jun 2, 2012
-wonderfalls! i LOVED that show, it was hilarious
-obvious firefly
-space above and beyond, agreed... while it wasnt *that* great, i really wanted to see the story continue
-global frequency - never got a shot, was cancelled after the pilot - the comics are awesome :p
-stargate universe, cause i really got into the story once they got past all the petty interpersonal dramas...
-defying gravity. i'm a sucker for pseudo-realistic spaceflight

there were other great ones: buffy, angel, rome, etc. but i think they got a good run and ended well...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'm fairly certain I can point to everyone else's post and go 'that'.

So many... I gave up on TV. I am now a full time Computer hermit.
I clearly just have too different tastes from the shlock that actually airs for people.