Serious Bugs Prompt Japanese RPG Recall

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
You know, I'd buy the game just to be able to get that level of service just once in my life.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Amnestic said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
Thats...you party? They just look girlier and girlier every game.
It's quite clear which of the people on the cover are male and which are female. It's not as if they're pulling a Bridget on you.
They actually did that with Yuri Lowell though. I didn't realize that was a guy until he started talking. Seeing Yuri talk for the first time creeped me out completely.

*I apologize for the double post. Anyway this could be merged or something similar?*

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
squid5580 said:
Couldn't they patch it? I mean it is really cool that they would do an actual recall and exchange the disc on your porch but damn. This is gonna cost them in the short run. Which they will probably double in profits over it in the long run.
Does the Wii even support patching? I don't think I ever saw a game update when I had one, although I might have just forgotten.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
AboveUp said:
Amnestic said:
SUPA FRANKY said:
Thats...you party? They just look girlier and girlier every game.
It's quite clear which of the people on the cover are male and which are female. It's not as if they're pulling a Bridget on you.
They actually did that with Yuri Lowell though. I didn't realize that was a guy until he started talking. Seeing Yuri talk for the first time creeped me out completely.

*I apologize for the double post. Anyway this could be merged or something similar?*

You didn't realise that this person was male?

Seriously? Okay, the boots are a bit on the girly side of things but it's pretty obvious to me >_>

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Amnestic said:

Seriously? Okay, the boots are a bit on the girly side of things but it's pretty obvious to me >_>
They only show his face and shoulders on the box art, and his face as the icon on the 360's Dashboard and game's icon. The characters looks girly to me though. You could put him in a Nippon Ichi game and they'd have no end to the flatchest jokes.

*I just looked up the box art, they show a bit more. But the tilted head doesn't make it much better.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
AboveUp said:
Amnestic said:

They only show his face and shoulders on the box art, and his face as the icon on the 360's Dashboard and game's icon. The characters looks girly to me though. You could put him in a Nippon Ichi game and they'd have no end to the flatchest jokes.

*I just looked up the box art, they show a bit more. But the tilted head doesn't make it much better.
Don't worry, your not alone. I have proly the worst track record with saying how I'd "tap that cute anime chick" only to find out it's a guy. It's happened in almost every JRPG I've played recently.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
UltimatheChosen said:
squid5580 said:
Couldn't they patch it? I mean it is really cool that they would do an actual recall and exchange the disc on your porch but damn. This is gonna cost them in the short run. Which they will probably double in profits over it in the long run.
Does the Wii even support patching? I don't think I ever saw a game update when I had one, although I might have just forgotten.
I dunno. I have one but I too have never had a game patched. I just figured since it has an HDD and all that it could. Then again people might get pissed if they lose alot of blocks to an update.

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
squid5580 said:
UltimatheChosen said:
squid5580 said:
I dunno. I have one but I too have never had a game patched. I just figured since it has an HDD and all that it could. Then again people might get pissed if they lose alot of blocks to an update.
I'm no programmer, but I think you'd need the hardware and software to be designed to be patch compatible (although I could be wrong). Even games that ARE compatible with patching can have unpatchable elements... look at the fiasco over ME2's unreadable text, which is apparently unfixable on the 360.

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
Oh ok while Bandai Namco fixes TOG bugs maybe they'll try hiring more translater for Radiant Mythology 2 or Tales of VS