Serious Sam 3 Weapons Trailer Brings Guns to a Gun Fight

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it does carry a strong modern shooter scent, so right now I'm just hoping they didn't take it too far.

And it's missing something new to the formula, where is the alt fire mode, where are the new and exciting weapons, where are the new mobs, ... I played the HD versions not too long ago and I'm just looking at more of the same now with color blindness.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Okay, I was a little cautious about SS3:BFE at first, but then I heard the guy that screams "WAAAAARRR!!!" at the begginning of every song is back.
That's an instant buy to me.
Oh, and those Rich Knuckles commercials were amazing too.
Croteam, you know how to advertise.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
and then we all learned they only allowed two guns at a time.
I hope that isn't the case, but duke nukem forever looked this awesome before it actually came out. I'll cheer when I see a video that shows the switching between all the guns.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
Zhukov said:
Hang on, I saw iron sights! And... and... dear God, a scope!

Ruined forever right there.
There was a scoped sniper rifle in the Second Encounter, not like it's anything new.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
hah nice video, definitely looks like an upgrade from the old games.

too bad i don't have any more money on me anymore...after getting uncharted 3/skyrim/gears of war 3, just don't have it in me for this game, maybe on a steam sale or such over winter break.
Wait, your buying TWO games that involve cover, and you'r not buying this! Blasphemy I say! Sam is dissapoint.

OT: For all the people complaining (maybe sarcastically) about the addition of iron sights. Ill tell you one thing. Glove that links enemies together then blows them the f up!

That is all.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Zhukov said:
Hang on, I saw iron sights! And... and... dear God, a scope!

Ruined forever right there.
No way, any game that lets you carry around that many guns, and not to mention a CANNON is instantly forgiven!

On that note... Yay the cannon is back!!!

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
You know this will be better than Duke Nukem, and I am glad they're ignoring the chest-high wall cover setup.

But instead, they're bringing back that old "cover" system: running away.

Raise your hands if you think you're going to be spending 95% of this game running backwards while shooting?

Sep 14, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
gmaverick019 said:
hah nice video, definitely looks like an upgrade from the old games.

too bad i don't have any more money on me anymore...after getting uncharted 3/skyrim/gears of war 3, just don't have it in me for this game, maybe on a steam sale or such over winter break.
Wait, your buying TWO games that involve cover, and you'r not buying this! Blasphemy I say! Sam is dissapoint.

OT: For all the people complaining (maybe sarcastically) about the addition of iron sights. Ill tell you one thing. Glove that links enemies together then blows them the f up!

That is all.
to me personally, i have always preferred third person view, which is already bonus's to both those games over SS3, and they are both trilogies that i absolutely loved the first two games to death, so i had to get the last of em to figure out the story/new bits of it.

on top of that i like the combat style of them both, so to me, personally, they are much more fun (not to say serious sam isn't fun, which it is lots of fun!) just not worth it to me at this point compared to other games coming out (and yes, i do play morrowind/oblivion/fallout 3/new vegas in third person the whole time, same will go for skyrim)

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
This might well be the first shooter in years that I actually buy. Looks full of silly over the top carnage, exactly what I want from a shooter.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, sweet. the iron sight is a little letdown but well, as long i can kill things without aiming, im happy.
already pre ordered it, cant wait for it :D

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
What I do like about the SS games (other than the ridiculous amount of awesome), is the fact that it isn't really about saving your health and surviving like most games (That I know of).

You just run straight into an enemy pack and shoot the hell out of them.

Who cares if you come out with 10 health? You can just shoot some more people to make yourself feel better!

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Did I miss something?

Don't get me wrong, blowing up aliens could go on my resume, but is this the whole game? Effortlessly murdering oncoming hordes of samey monsters? I thought Serious Sam was supposed to be about killing swarms of baddies in manly ways, not an endless parade of generically macho headsplosions.

Call me if something actually occurs.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
think I'll need to go back and play through the previous games completely before checking this one out :p

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Looks just as repetitive as the last games. I'll pass on this and play games with some actual substance.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
darthotaku said:
and then we all learned they only allowed two guns at a time.
I hope that isn't the case, but duke nukem forever looked this awesome before it actually came out. I'll cheer when I see a video that shows the switching between all the guns.
there are several around, just look at gameplay vids.

you have all weapons on you at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA0DldrVTEA&feature=related

not the best video, but shows what you're looking for

biocrock

Oct 28, 2011
The guns all look like the come from Left4Dead, or another serious shooter source mod. Where's the old SS shotguns, revolver, and such? Dissapointing.