Seriously, folks; why do we put up with DSP and Low Tier God in this community....

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
WORKING AGAINST THEM HOW?!

That's what I've been asking you the whole time. What the fuck are you actually expecting from this thread? What do you want people to do. Stop being vague and just saying "people should do things." What is your exact goal?
In the case of DSP and Wings, find their paypigs. Shame them. Spread the info about their shitty behavior enabling and keeping their little cult's alive.

In the case of Low Tier God, get law enforcement involved and get him charged on terroristic threats.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
In the case of DSP and Wings, find their paypigs. Shame them. Spread the info about their shitty behavior enabling and keeping their little cult's alive.

In the case of Low Tier God, get law enforcement involved and get him charged on terroristic threats.
So you're encouraging people on this forum to dox people. Well at least you've finally explained your goal, even if your goal is shit.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Because if at least one more person, even one, get's properly outraged enough to start working against them or preferrably their paypigs, I'll have considered it all worthwhile.
Guarantee you that won't happen here. This community (the Escapist forums, not gamers in general) is exceptionally apathetic and cynical, if you haven't noticed. A product of being the last dregs of a once flourishing community too stubborn or lazy to move somewhere else as the traffic dwindled and the (old) site fell apart around them.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
So you're encouraging people on this forum to dox people. Well at least you've finally explained your goal, even if your goal is shit.
And can you tell me with a straight face they don't have it coming?

Guarantee you that won't happen here. This community (the Escapist forums, not gamers in general) is exceptionally apathetic and cynical, if you haven't noticed. A product of being the last dregs of a once flourishing community too stubborn or lazy to move somewhere else as the traffic dwindled and the (old) site fell apart around them.
if I have to knock the dust off my sandals and move on elsewhere with the message, I'll do it. I only pitched it at all because I figured, mistakenly it seems, that this place was full of good and decent people who still gave a damn about this subculture not looking like shit more than their politics. Chalk up a bad judge of character to my list of flaws.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
And can you tell me with a straight face they don't have it coming?
I can tell you with a straight face that it's entirely unreasonable for you to expect people to play internet vigilante and perform likely illegal actions to get one over on some youtubers who said mean things on the internet.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I can tell you with a straight face that it's entirely unreasonable for you to expect people to play internet vigilante and perform likely illegal actions to get one over on some youtubers who said mean things on the internet.
It's far more than "mean things", but fine. I never expected an army, but I was hoping maybe at least one soul might find this to be a cause worth undertaking.

I'll drop it. Mods can go ahead and lock this thing down now.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
if I have to knock the dust off my sandals and move on elsewhere with the message, I'll do it. I only pitched it at all because I figured, mistakenly it seems, that this place was full of good and decent people who still gave a damn about this subculture not looking like shit more than their politics. Chalk up a bad judge of character to my list of flaws.
If something requires more effort than arguing back and forth with each other for 20 pages we're the wrong people for the job. Maybe try Reddit or 4chan or something.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
You hit the money. You shame the people paying them until they stop. That's who the real targets should be, the enablers.
...Ok, real talk? Marketing is my jam, and that means that part of the game is understanding, anticipating, and ultimately influencing public reaction. So as a bit of unsolicited advice? Your tactics here aren't just misguided, but flat out counterproductive. Without a personal investment in the people you're asking, this would be doomed to fail for lack of commitment, if you even got it off the ground at all (and that's a big if, considering your approach). There's simply no flashpoint to galvanize people into taking action. For all intents and purposes you are asking us to go out of our way first to learn about them on your assurance that they are "totes bad, y'all", and then to go out of our way to try and drive them out of a business that apparently none of us patronize anyways. Even before considering that you're basically asking us to take up your cause as if we were your personal army (which is "wow" levels of counterproductive), that's a tough sell.

Heck, it's actually worse than that, considering that from what I glean from the descriptions of everyone else in the thread...they're provocateurs. Their brands are literally built around getting people like yourself angry and - if it ever blows up in their face - claiming that it's the fault of those same angry people. Your apparent intended efforts would only serve to reinforce their brand appeal, not detract from it; the half-hearted efforts your methods would get would only serve to galvanize their bases, resulting in the opposite of what you claim are your intentions.

Never mind that by all appearances you have no plan, you have no specific goal, just "somehow make them lose business/suffer", which won't win you many recruits regardless of your cause, but especially one such as this where you're asking us to be antagonistic towards people we've never had any interaction with. And seriously, let's just break that down a bit: You want us to go out of our way to learn about these people, for the sake of trying to run them out of business...through entirely our own initiative, means, and methods. That is not a setup that does much to endear your cause to anyone.

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So death threats are fine as long as people find them entertaining, gotcha...
It's like viewing some sort of sport where injury is a real possibility, for entertainment. Like, I dunno, football. Way more real world actual harm occurs from it than from any materialization of an internet personality's death threats and yet society deems enjoying football as normal and not as being tantamount to enabling brain damage or something along those lines so after all this time to take a stand here feels completely mismatched and is a show of mixed up priorities. You have way more other forms of entertainment to remedy before you can coherently start calling people enablers of anything in this case here.

I mean, if you've been online enough you prolly joined a ton of communities so some grow and others dwindle. Unless you're someone who is only ever using one site and nothing else I think it's normal to have a lot of options and not need to "move" someplace when one of those shrinks some.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I mean, if you've been online enough you prolly joined a ton of communities so some grow and others dwindle. Unless you're someone who is only ever using one site and nothing else I think it's normal to have a lot of options and not need to "move" someplace when one of those shrinks some.
Doesn't change the fact that we're the ones that stuck around after, like, 95% of the userbase left and the site had been abandoned by its parent company. Remember the time we lost the Gaming Discussion subforum to the spambots... for months? I think that says something about us in general that we're still here. And you must admit that the level of energy in the forum is substantially lower than it was 10 years ago. The general response to most threads is basically "and I should care... why?" People are barely even posting in the Currently Playing thread anymore.

Last edited:

Kryten1029a

Jun 28, 2008
Country
United States
I only think about DSP when people bring him up, I barely know who Wings of Redemption is and this is the first time I have ever heard of LTG! Not one of these guys is in any way relevant; not to me or the world at large.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Look dude, I can certainly understand your feelings but you're not gonna get what you're looking for here, any ability to make some kind of activist movement died years ago thanks to two other "movements" crippling these forums and the site.

If you want to stick around and have a more in depth conversation about various nerd topics or have an all out brawl in the politics section then we're your jam. Almost everyone here has built up a knowledge and understanding of what everyone else is like, so I think you could find enjoyment in participating in conversations where your comment isn't just going to be lost and ignored like on Twitter or Reddit.

But as for galvanizing us for some kind of cause? That's not we're about, not anymore at least. We're more old school here, we just want to talk about stuff.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
You know, I may be some sort of crazed masochist with precisely zero sense whatsoever, but this thread almost gives me a strenge nostalgia for the festivities of late 2014 onwards...

Reactions: Mister Mumbler