Settlers 7 DRM Problems Still Unresolved

humantis

Apr 6, 2009
Callex said:
My copy seems to be working fine.

I hear they've finally cracked all the story sequences for Assassins Creed 2 now though, it just shows nothing is uncrackable, no matter how invasive your DRM is.
From what I understand there's no real crack out yet. However there are Ubisoft DRM server emulators that allow you to play.

Callex

Oct 20, 2008
humantis said:
From what I understand there's no real crack out yet. However they are Ubisoft DRM server emulators that allow you to play.
Yea, something like that. None of the sidequests work from what I've heard.

As much as I hate to admit it, the DRM is standing the test of time quite well, considering how many pirates have been desperate to crack this to prove ubisoft wrong.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
Altorin said:
Let another wave of anti-DRM hatespeech commence

I'm going to abstain this time.
why did i just read "lesbian"? ooh, i know, cause it's way fething better than this drm-plague that's spreading like some unholy whatchamacallit.
I do own C&C4 (yeah bash me for it, seemed like a good idea at the time, like napoleon invading russia) and haven't had any problems with the auth. servers (knock on wood), but still, c'mon, this is ludicrous! i'd rather not play such a game than stick up with this crud, it's not like AC2 is equivalent to the second coming of crist, now, is it? at least for me, it's not worth the hastle.
hmm.... lesbians... the other white meat (name the game!)xD

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Really, they should have tested these servers more before implementing them. Then people might hate them a smidgen less had their DRM worked as intended.

HontooNoNeko

No more parties?
Nov 29, 2009
I can only imagine what it must be like working for Ubisoft sitting at the computer reading over articles along the line " Ubi DRM fails" while you look for a new job once everyone looks the other way.

This sucks for the people who bought this game I'm seriously expecting a lawsuit soon there is no way that many consumers can be this patient waiting to play something they already should own.

HontooNoNeko

No more parties?
Nov 29, 2009
Gwarr said:
Twad said:
Gwarr said:
Twad said:
Go back to the store and get a refund, if they ask why, say the game doent work and you WANT your refund. THey cant escape the refund by saying its Ubi's fault. Your the client, its your right.
I told them but when they asked what's wrong I told them that I cannot connect to their servers even thought my Internet is 100% ok( I was stupid for stating that , could go with technical ...)

You imagine this never happened before as it's a new kinda of DRM and I think it's Ubisoft fault too . They made this shit system . The store gave me a 100% running game , Ubisoft denied me access to it.

I gave up already , just hope they come to senses and delete this DRM or they'll be the only one playing their games soon.
Doent change a thing, its the store that sold it to you, its their problem if UBI doesnt do his part of the deal, get your refund if you want it.
Heh , I'll try again tomorrow . But I ain't the only one that got this response as I saw on Ubi forums . The game is technically working but at the moment servers don't work . It may be like WOW , they don't give you a refund if WOW servers don't work for a while.

I'll try again , see what happens :D
It's true blizzard doesn't give a refund if the servers don't work properly but they often give players an extra 24 hours of play if a server goes down or there is extended maintenance. in my time with WoW I've actually been given more play time with the extra 24 hours than I have waiting for the servers to work so unless Ubisoft is determined to give players an expansion or another free game these players have nothing to show for their patience and only can look forward to playing a game they should be playing now.

FBPH

Nov 10, 2009
Altorin said:
Let another wave of anti-DRM hatespeech commence

I'm going to abstain this time.
I know what you mean. At this point I almost feel pity for Ubi's stupidity...almost...but not really...

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Hey Ubisoft, here's an idea for your next update:

"We apoligize for ever believing this DRM was a good idea, and will re-release all of our PC games that originally used it without this ridiculous requirement. If you already own a copy with the DRM, you can download a patch that completely gets rid of it at our website."

You guys know you're gonna have to do it at some point, why not get it over with?

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Gwarr said:
Galaxy613 said:
Guys, it doesn't MATTER to Ubisoft if this works or not for the end-user. What matters is whether or not people are able to pirate it, which so far is a victory IIRC.
Well , they just lost a loyal customer over this and ( after Ubisoft forums ) it ain't just me .I cannot play for 13 days ( yes 13 ) . I bought the game 13 days ago and still haven't been able to play one second .

I go to store , ask for refund , they refuse ( saying it's Ubisoft problem ) and send me to call Ubisoft support . Ubisoft support is dead , you get no responses and there are 0 response on the forums with the exception of this mod that deletes all complaint threads.

I had it with Ubisoft . I've been a Settlers fan for years and now they treat me like garbage.I feel like I just wasted my money on nothing but a full Cd . Not a huge lose of money anyway , but I stand on principle .

I wonder if I cannot report them to some EU institution because this is fraud . To release a product and deny access to your legal costumers for 2 weeks is unacceptable.

I am really with the pirates on this ones . At the moment they will become heroes if they crack this and make it most pirated game ever like Spore was ( another DRM "success")
You know what might be a good idea? Go to Amazon.com and copy and paste this response into a 1 star review for the game on their site.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
All things considered this is a good thing. Should make them less likely to put this crappy always-connected DRM system in future released.

imperialus

Apr 20, 2009
RhomCo said:
Gwarr said:
Twad said:
Gwarr said:
Twad said:
Go back to the store and get a refund, if they ask why, say the game doent work and you WANT your refund. THey cant escape the refund by saying its Ubi's fault. Your the client, its your right.
I told them but when they asked what's wrong I told them that I cannot connect to their servers even thought my Internet is 100% ok( I was stupid for stating that , could go with technical ...)

You imagine this never happened before as it's a new kinda of DRM and I think it's Ubisoft fault too . They made this shit system . The store gave me a 100% running game , Ubisoft denied me access to it.

I gave up already , just hope they come to senses and delete this DRM or they'll be the only one playing their games soon.
Doent change a thing, its the store that sold it to you, its their problem if UBI doesnt do his part of the deal, get your refund if you want it.
Heh , I'll try again tomorrow . But I ain't the only one that got this response as I saw on Ubi forums . The game is technically working but at the moment servers don't work . It may be like WOW , they don't give you a refund if WOW servers don't work for a while.

I'll try again , see what happens :D

Skip that... Say the terms of the EULA are unacceptable to you and you wouldn't have purchased the game had you been able to read them beforehand.
Cause some problems for the store too. Do not take no for an answer. Waste the employees time, waste the managers time. Don't get into a screaming match but don't leave unless they give you a refund. Ubi probably doesn't care if people are sending them hatemail on their forums but if Gamestop, Bestbuy ect. start getting fed up at having to deal with Ubi's pissed off customers they are going to let Ubi know. Unlike Joe shmuck on the internet those companies have the ability to really threaten Ubi's bottom line.