Sexiest Video Game Weapons

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
I'm a big fan of old fashioned revolvers, any game that has these will atract me for some reason.
Yes, revolvers kick as.. In DoD, on some maps, the english have these completely useless revolvers that look soo good. I always got to get a few kills with those even though they are like the worst weapons ever.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
In MGS4 (and most other games) the Desert Eagle cause its such overkill. Anything called a 'hand cannon' is also acceptable.
I remember in Starwars Battlefront II the Bothan spies had a gun that good disintegrate their enemies, like not burn, literally atomize into thin air. It was very tricky to use and inefficient, but when you got a kill with it it was just so damn awesome.
Also in the original mercenaries there was an "Experimental Weapon" called the Air Strike Gun, which literally launched a hydrogen bomb from a pistol, the explosion was so big that it would always go into slow motion and you character would crouch down to avoid damage. If you used it there was no way you were taking your target alive or saving any hostages, but it didn't matter cause you could take on the entire North Korean army with it and feel like a king.

Kelvinator

Jul 16, 2008
Carbine from Resistance:FoM, you could go through the whole game with this thing

Flamethrower for Wolfenstein:ET, Overpowered, made to spawn kill with

Sharp Pointy thing on Altair's Left hand in Assassins creed.

Dealin Burgers

Feb 21, 2008
Boomstick. Nothing sexier than a double barrel shotgun. Though not enough games have explosives like the Detonation Packs from HL1, or Satchel charges from W:ET.

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
I fell in love with the Ripper Gun (sorry I only had it in French and I lost the real gun's name) from Unreal Tournament, you know, the one shooting buzzsaws. I always resented it being thrown out of the sequels unless you modded them...

Otherwise of course the Blades of Chaos from God of War are a blast, I also love Nightmare's sword from SoulCalibur II.

BFG 10,000 from Quake II was more than fun to use as well, the stake gun from Painkiller was love at first maul, and the whole Serious Sam arsenal is a must have.
Oh and of course, the Cerebral Bore ! Just for this I can't crucify turok 2 as hard as it would deserve it...

And I'm gay for flamethrowers too...

Unguarded > Funny, EDF 2017 reminds me of Charge'N'Blast on Dreamcast...

UninspiringlyNamed

May 2, 2008
Favourite gun of all time has to be the Fusion Rocket launcher (or, as we used to call it, Sun Cannon) from RF1. Honourable mention to the Devestator weapon (dual rocket machine guns=win) from Duke Nukem 3D. Another fun weapon was the Singularity Cannon from Unreal 2, if only because it was impossible to avoid accidentally killing your allies with it.

TheTemby

May 29, 2008
(UT2k4) Shock rifle: is one of the coolest models ever
(Quake) Rail Gun: one of the most overpowered guns ever
(Doom) Chainsaw: most bloodthirsty weapon
(Portal) Portal gun: most fun-to-use weapon
(Mario kart) Green Shell: Most useless weapon
(Half-life) Crowbar: Most Iconic weapon

Elim Garak

Jan 19, 2008
Wow, a ton of overkill here. How about the silenced sniper rifle from Deus Ex 1? A more elegant weapon from a less civilized age.

And the bee gun from HL1 - those bees made awesome sound when they went in.

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
The Gravity gun from Half - Life. None others come close. One day, one day I hope to be able to rip a womans clothes off with it. One Day.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Gauss Rifle from Fallout 2, it blows everything up with one shot, has a long range and makes a great sound.

Necromancist

Jul 3, 2008
Whichever weapon use impaling as a means to kill people, a.k.a nailguns, bows, crossbows and the like. The stake gun from Painkiller is a damn fine example.

Also, whatever makes a really big explosion. Like cluster grenades or the TAC cannon crom Crysis.

Planeswalker817

Apr 8, 2008
The shotgun from FEAR. Gives me a chill down my spine every time I obliterate a guy with a point blank shotgun shell to the face.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
My definite pick for the Sexiest Video Game Weapon would be the Tri-Rocket Launcher from Jet Force Gemini on the N64. Three spiralling rockets of kersplodey death? Hell yes.

Other sexy weapons that come to mind include the Concrete Donkey from Worms 2 (say goodbye to a quarter of the level), the Farsight from Perfect Dark and the Stellar Converter from Master of Orion 2 (yes, I know, it's from an old sci-fi turnbased strategy game. But the cut scene when you blew up a planet with it was definitely sexy).

wgreer25

Good news everyone!
Jun 9, 2008
I am an avid pistol shooter in real life. I own a .45 revolver, a .45 automatic and a .380 automatic. Therefore, I love pistols. Espically the way overpowered pistols in Resident Evil games. And for some reason I love the Barret .50 cal sniper rifle from COD4, since it is a real life weapon and is damn sexy to look at. However, I am displeased with the game's portrial of the weapon. I use it as my only sniper weapon in that game and on more than one occation, it has taken 2 bullets to bring someone down (I'm not a great sniper, I just enjoy it). In real life, that rifle would put a hole in the earth. I don't care where you shot someone with that thing, they are gone, period.

I also really like the Redemer from UT3. A guided nuke. You can almost see the person's face before it hits them, that "Oh shit" look is priceless.