Shadowrun Hong Kong to Release August 20

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Shadowrun Hong Kong to Release August 20

The Sixth World beckons again.

Harebrained Schemes has announced a release date for Shadowrun: Hong Kong, their third standalone title in the role-playing series. The game will release on Steam, GoG, and The Humble Store on August 20.

Set in the near-future, Shadowrun presents a cyberpunk world dominated by megacorporations, thrown into upheaval by the return of magic.

The product of a Kickstarter campaign earlier this year, Shadowrun: Hong Kong will feature an assortment of mechanics improvements along with its new setting. New cyberware and magical equipment will be found and there is a redesigned Matrix to explore. And, as with previous installments, the level editor will return to allow players to create their own adventures in the shadows.

The game will be available at 10 am (Pacific Time) on launch day, though pre-orders are currently being accepted on Steam with an offer for the deluxe version of Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Until launch day, the deluxe edition (which adds a PDF art book and an MP3 soundtrack) can be purchased for the list price of the standard game, $19.99.

Source: Kickstarter [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong/posts/1303417]

Aug 1, 2010

I put 50 hours into Dragonfall in about 3 days and I am so fucking hype for this.

Considering how much the devs and writers improved from Returns to Dragonfall, this should be even better.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh fucking YES! I backed it so all I have to do is sit paitently and wait.

This is gonna be SWEET! Hairbrained has proven themselves to be the type of people who get better with each game, I can't wait to see where they take Hong Kong. (Granted if it was just on par with Dragonfall I would still be highly satisfied)

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
Dragonfall was leaps and bounds better than the first (DMS) and was worth multiple playthroughs imo, but while I don't expect HK to be an equally huge improvement over dragonfall, if it can equal it then I will certainly be happy.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I'm a backer and I'm really looking forward to this. But I'm curious as to when the Epilogue is coming out. They said it would be after the main game but I'm not sure how long after.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4mDyj8DSI
ArcaneGamer said:

I put 50 hours into Dragonfall in about 3 days and I am so fucking hype for this.

Considering how much the devs and writers improved from Returns to Dragonfall, this should be even better.
As am I, good sir. As am I. I am SO excited for this.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
good times; I'm really looking forward to the promised improvements, including the overhaul of the tedious Matrix sequences from the previous games.

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
I am excited. I have both DMS and DF, and I am looking forward to this one as I am a hardcore Shadowrun addict. I haven't kept up with their update logs though, sadly, so I am a bit behind on any changes that are going on.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
This is the only kickstarter I've ever backed.
I'm happy.

Jan 12, 2012
Aiddon said:
good times; I'm really looking forward to the promised improvements, including the overhaul of the tedious Matrix sequences from the previous games.
That's something I'm most interested in too. Shadowrun 5e (the current tabletop edition) has put a lot of effort on having the deckers be an active and present part of the team, using wireless links to hack on the fly. I'm really interested in seeing how that translates to a video game, especially with Cyberpunk 2077 somewhere on the horizon.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I've been getting backer emails and they look like everything is coming together for this to be a great game. Really looking forwards to this!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It's been a long time a'coming, but it's almost here...

Alright, chummers! Get your gear ready!

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
At the times like this, I always remind myself to cull the hype.

However, this is something I can look forward to, with unreasonable emotional attachment... for now.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
FalloutJack said:

Just don't be late with the wheels this time you drekking rigger! Last time, we had to zap a Knight Errant squad with enough mojo to level a small house before you showed up!

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
This is only game I ever kickstarted and I'm looking forward to playing game. I Rarely feel hyped about games but for this game I feel some hype. I have some mild optimism that Hong Kong can be better then dragonfall. So far each iteration of the shadowrun returns game's has resulted in a overall better game then the last and hope that continues.

I plan to play as a decker/rigger since I want to see all changes made to the matrix gameplay and being a decker/rigger is a karma efficient build. A player character decker when well developed will always be better decker then any premade character.

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
I'm happy that there is a release date now, I pre-ordered it back during the summer sale and loved Dragonfall (i played the original expansion but haven't really played the standalone version yet)

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
vallorn said:
FalloutJack said:

Just don't be late with the wheels this time you drekking rigger! Last time, we had to zap a Knight Errant squad with enough mojo to level a small house before you showed up!
Hey man! It wasn't my fault! I had a rakking decker in my rig! Needed Quicksave to bail me outta' that one!

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
FalloutJack said:
vallorn said:
FalloutJack said:

Hey man! It wasn't my fault! I had a rakking decker in my rig! Needed Quicksave to bail me outta' that one!
Yeah, well at least we bombshelled out of there before the boys in black showed up to back up those Errant chipheads. You did end up pulling our asses out of the fire in the end.

Just, watch out for Black IC on the networks this time, we don't need to call Docwagon on you because you or our wirehead jacked into the wrong thing on this run. Oh, and bring the big guns you have, that Johnson didn't feel right and this might go south fast, in which case we're gonna have to geek a bunch of badges.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
vallorn said:
FalloutJack said:
vallorn said:
FalloutJack said:

Yeah, well at least we bombshelled out of there before the boys in black showed up to back up those Errant chipheads. You did end up pulling our asses out of the fire in the end.

Just, watch out for Black IC on the networks this time, we don't need to call Docwagon on you because you or our wirehead jacked into the wrong thing on this run. Oh, and bring the big guns you have, that Johnson didn't feel right and this might go south fast, in which case we're gonna have to geek a bunch of badges.
Ahh, it always goes bad. If you ain't figuring the run's gonna turn sour, you ain't gonna last long in the shadows.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
FalloutJack said:
vallorn said:
FalloutJack said:
vallorn said:
FalloutJack said:

Ahh, it always goes bad. If you ain't figuring the run's gonna turn sour, you ain't gonna last long in the shadows.
I know that, I've just got a worse feeling about this run than usual chummer... My gut says that drekhead of a Johnson is setting us up for something and we're gonna deal with a catfood of black ops corp boys to get outta there or something.