Shadows of the Universe (Sci-fi Action RP)(Started)(Closed)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[HEADING=3]Please Do Not Post in the RP unless you are apart of it! Read the Joining details if you want to join.[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Spots taken, You may PM me to plead your case. I will listen and if I find it a good enough case I may let you join[/HEADING]
To start out with I am the Dictator GM anything I say goes. If you don't like that then that sucks.

First: We don't NEED you to join so don't try to tell me that I NEED you because we don't. I am doing this out of the kindness of my heart because I noticed that with the creation of the separate forum for Role Playing there has been an influx of people so I thought it would be nice to let some join.

Second: I am not this strict normally I just don't want anyone to abuse my kindness or do something that will force me to refuse them before I even look at their character.

Third: If you send me a Character Sheet that means you are committing yourself to the RP and will follow all of its rules (even though there are only a few) and I expect you to post not just sit there like a lemon.

Fourth: When making your character make sure you look over the other accepted characters already because I would like something different. That being said I do know that there aren't a lot of different jobs that you can choose and if you decide to be the same job as someone who is already accepted (IE a sniper) you must stand out in a way that is different from the other character. If I feel that your character closely resembles a character already made I will ask you to change it.

Fifth: I am doing this on a first come first serve basis and I will not accept a reservation for one of these spots. So if you want to join write a character up now or risk losing out on one of the spots.

Sixth: This applies for everyone but Good grammar while not a requirement is a common courtesy. I will not reject you based on poor grammar but some of the members of the RP hate bad grammar so at least try to make an attempt at good grammar.

Now that you have read over what I expect you may now write up a character sheet. Also PM me the sheets as I will automatically reject one that is posted on this thread.

The year is 2578 In the beginning of the space travel era. Less then 30 years earlier the world was plunged into a devastating world war and with it most of the Earth became uninhabitable. With the urgent need to find another planet to live on, the world formed under a new world wide government known as the "Earth Union" and the first thing the new government did was put almost all of it's resources into creating a viable space travel system. The rest of the resources went into creating a new army because the war had depleted the majority of soldiers in the world. The man put in charge of creating the new Earth military was a bright young General by the name of Carter Kahlil, said by some to be one of the brightest minds in military history and at such a young age as well.

8 Years later the Space Travel program was making large strides in the discovery of long distance space travel but the new Earth military was progressing very slowly. Unhappy with the progress the military was making General Kahlil turned to the field of science to try to get any edge he could. The Doctor General Kahlil turned to was a man by the name of Ethan Thompson, a genius in the field of Human Anatomy and how to get the most out of the human body. Thompson with a team of Scientists went to work on how to make the earth forces stronger. What the group came up with was a procedure known as the "Thompson Procedure" which is basically genetically enhancing a soldiers. The procedure however was very risky and more than 70% of the test subjects died during the procedure.

A few months later after the Thompson Procedure was completed the Earth Union cleared it's usage to create genetically superior soldiers but kept it top secret for fear of public disapproval of the project. After the approval the Military made the group top secret and gave it the code name "WINGS" and the procedures started. After a year into the program Doctor Thompson wanted to breed a leader of the genetic soldiers and requested a baby so they could breed him to be the leader of the genetic soldiers. General Kahlil was at a loss, he could not ask one of his soldiers to give up one of their children to the project and decided the best course of action was to give up his own new born baby Jason, thinking he could at least watch him grow up where as if he took another soldiers child they would never see them again.

The Doctors then took Jason and gave him the Procedure, which he survived and then they took him away to train him in solitude to become the perfect leader and soldier. The procedure could not last on taking babies and breeding them, they instead turned to the military and hand picked soldiers who showed incredible skill. If a soldier was deemed to be worthy of the procedure the soldier was approached and asked if he wanted to volunteer to help the earth, nothing else was told to them before they got their answer. After the soldier accepted they were taken to the WINGS training facility where they were told the gruesome facts of the procedure and that if they backed out now they would be killed on the spot. They might have been underhanded tactics but they produced results as the soldiers of WINGS were all highly capable killing machines each unique in their own right.

While this was happening the Space Travel Program was making large strides and in the year 2577 they completed the first human long distance space travel ship named the Arc. The Arc was just a prototype of what was to come and it showed that the human species could in fact create a long distance space travel system. The next year was spent creating Military ships for the use of colonizing world and at the end of the year the World had created three military space craft. One of which was the E.U.S. Berlin which was the first ship to go on the journey into space. On this ship were the soldiers of WINGS as they set out to find a new planet that the Humans could colonize. Little did they know what lied for them in the Shadows of the Universe.
Name:

Age: Note: try to keep the age in the 20-mid thirties range.

Appearance: Things like height, physical features, and any other thing you can think of. Note: All WINGS soldiers wear a specially made uniform, you can change some aspects of it but try to keep it reasonable (for example of the armor just read Jason Kahlil's character sheet)

Personality: What makes them tick, how do they act etc. etc.

Genetic Modification: The big thing about this RP is that each member of WINGS is genetically enhanced in some way. this could be reflexes, strength, healing ability, intelligence etc etc. If I think something is wrong with this part I will ask you to change it.

Profession: This could be anything like a medic, a sniper, a scout etc. etc. but try to keep your genetic enhancement and you profession similar I don't want a tank medic.

Weapons: This is the type of weapons your character uses, no exact models yet when we get into the action your character will be given their preferred type of weapons.

Unique Item: This would be a special ability only your character can use. This could be a motion canceller or a shield. something along those lines.

Backstory: This is the backstory of your character. Note: Jason is the only member of WINGS that was taken as a child, so your character would have been chosen to be apart of the program after they showed some ability as a member of the Earth Military. So try to write something like "My guy was an awesome sniper in the military and then he was approached and offered a place in WINGS which he accepted, went through the sniper training and was one of the only members to survive the training"

Notes: Anything that you think is relevant to the story that doesn't fit in any of the other categories
LARGE NOTE: Your characters know nothing of the aliens until I introduce them at a later date so I expect no character to automatically know all their weaknesses when we start to fight them!

Small note: The alien species are known as Kyrilians and there are different types of them and if you come up with a good idea for a new species of Kyrilian I might be willing to add them to the list.
The shades are a species of Kyrilians who stand at about 5ft tall and are pitch black lizard humanoids. The shades can walk on walls and are mostly used for ambushes. They carry a small rifle on their backs that fires an invisible plasma blob that burns through armor and causes a slow death. The shades also wear no armor and will die if shot two or three times.
The Komodo's are the Kyrilians main type of soldier. lizard humanoid creatures that stand about 7ft tall and their scales range in colors they are usually a dark color. They weapons they carry range from heavy weapons to light weapons. the main weapon they use is a medium sized rifle that fire projectiles with an outer coating of plasma which adds an armor piercing aspect to their weapon. The Komodos wear medium to heavy armor and are hard to take down at close quarters because of the amount of damage they can take and their physical strength which is higher then a humans.
The leaders of the Kyrilians they took power over the Kyrilian race because of their incredible strength and impossibility to kill. The Diablo's stand at a monstrous 9-10ft tall and have huge bodies and the outer part of their body have scales that look like Diamonds hence the Diamond monster nickname. They are the only race of the Kyrilian's that are not lizard humanoids, the Diablo's have a rounded head, what looks like no neck, big shoulders, huge arms and the rest of their body is basically huge. The Diablo's are basically walking tanks and are impossible to kill short of nuking them. The Diablo's usually go into battle without a weapon, relying on their brute strength and impenetrable defense to just rush in and crush their enemies. If they do carry a weapon it is most likely a large cannon that fires large volleys of plasma that burn through vehicles and ships. The Diablo's luckily have low numbers of them so they are usually a last resort measure and in assaults usually lead the way.
To start out with no God characters, I will not accept them as they make the RP less fun.

Secondly if you make a character sheet you promise to be apart of the RP and if you are inactive for a long period of time without an excuse or I feel you are making the RP less fun I will boot you from the RP and Kill off your character.

Third I am not a fan of killing off characters so as long you don't do boneheaded stuff I won't kill you off. That being said if you do something really bone headed like get into a fist fight with a diablo then I will have no choice but to kill off your character.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
[HEADING=3]List of Accepted characters[/HEADING]​
Name: Jason Kahlil

Appearance: Jason is a white male that stands at 6'2" tall and has short brown hair. He is muscular due to his training and has a tattoo of the WINGS logo on his right upper arm. He wears the WINGS standard body armor which is a full body light weight suit of armor that is easy to move in and can take a good amount of damage, It also has his rank (captain) on the left upper arm and the WINGS logo on his right upper arm. the variant he uses has less armor in the elbow and shoulder area allowing him to move his arms faster and easier, his torso armor is a higher density allowing him to take more damage.

Personality: Jason is a very serious man and he has problems understanding emotions because of his lack of human interaction growing up. He has no sense of humor and goes about everything like it's a job. He also has a strange moral code where everything is acceptable if it leads to his goal.

Genetic modification: Reflexes, Jason has a high reaction time and it takes him mere milliseconds to react to an enemy. because of this he's most useful in short to medium range combat.

Profession: Soldier

Weapons: Assault rifle, Shotgun, pistol

Unique item: Momentum canceler. Jason has a Momentum canceler on his left forearm that looks like a large square light but it has the ability to stop everything in a 3 meter radius around him. When used the device creates a large sonic boom which stops everything in a 3 meter radius around jason in its tracks. This allows him to stop bullets or stop someone from attacking him. It takes about an hour to charge between uses so it can not be used that often.

Backstory: Jason was the son of General Kahlil, He was given to the Thompson Procedure to become the leader of the Genetic soldiers. Most of Jason's life was spent being trained by doctors and military trainers. He lived most of his life in solitude in a small room with a bed and a desk. When Jason was younger he asked multiple times who his parents were but each time he received the answer "they couldn't tell him". Jason was specially trained in fire arms and leadership skills and his free time was spent either at the fireing range, studying, or sleeping. He never had any interaction with other people so he has problems with his emotions and has a strange moral code where anything is acceptable as long as it leads to the final goal.
<spoiler=Rick Osten>Name: Rick Osten

Appearance: Rick is a Hispanic male that stands at 6'7" and is bald. He's extremely broad and muscular due to modifications, training and natural build. He wears the WINGS heavy armor which is a full body heavyweight suit of armor that is difficult to move in, yet can take small explosions without rupturing. There's no rank on the left arm, but the WINGS logo is on his right upper arm. The variant he uses has robotics installed in the major joints, allowing easier movement and more heavily armored limbs, but the robotics are exposed and destroying them reduces movement capabilities... a lot.

Personality: Rick is a friendly, neurotic goofball who enjoys socialization, even though he's really not all that good at it. He has an alternately whacky and dark sense of humor (he tosses dead baby jokes around effortlessly, so long as no one important is nearby) and only takes goals set for him by his superiors seriously. Diagnosed with mild Tourette's Syndrome (not bad enough to refuse him entry from project WINGS), he often reacts unpredictably in casual situations due to personal whims. His personal moral system consists of a "people first" approach, and he will endanger himself to rescue pretty much any human in trouble. He handily admits that kittens make him happy. He suffers a Knight-In-Shining-Armor complex, and will pay extra attention to the well being of women over men. He dislikes internal conflict, and will get upset if two other teammates start fighting.

Genetic modification: Endurance. Rick had an unusually high pain tolerance and willpower even before entering project WINGS, and the modifications have only extended this further. This makes Rick ideal to use as a meat shield, as even IF the high-powered armor he's wearing was penetrated, he's known to effortlessly survive small bullets and fairly toxic poisons, as well as, as demonstrated in one particularly memorable incident, small explosions. However, the overwhelming surge in his oxygen cap, immune system, and such have left him really quite slow to heal if he DOES get seriously injured (a mid-sized cut he got in his arm took five hours to stop bleeding and over six weeks to heal).

Weapons: Assault rifle, 50 caliber pistol, rocket launcher

Unique Item: Heavy Shield. Rick Carries a Shield on his back that can be used to defend himself and others. The shield manages the Robotics in his armor's joints so it is a central part of his armor. When rick decides to use the shield, it fuses with the armor in his left arm allowing him to carry it around easier and keep his right arm free to use a weapon. He can set the shield down but that makes it hard to move around in his armor so it is advised that he keeps it on his arm.

Backstory: Rick was born into the filthiest slums one could imagine to an impoverished mother. A sixth child in a hardy family of seven, he led a surprisingly normal life, successfully avoiding the gangs as much as he could (and winning all the fights he got into when he couldn't). He didn't do particularly well in school, so continued on into the army at the age of seventeen instead of continuing his education. He was given the Thompson Procedure after he demonstrated his endurance following a fall out of a window fifty feet above ground without so much as breaking anything. Rick's training was mostly done with the "mind over matter" approach, as well as rudimentary martial combat skills and firearms. He never excelled at any of them, but can use any gun effectively enough and can badly injure with a well-aimed punch. He lived in the military base with the general conditions for soldiers-in-training, and was allowed visits from his family every month or so. His eldest brother entered the army as a weapons technician, and his younger sister joined as a medic a year ago at age 25. Both are alive and well. Rick sends a great amount of his paycheck home to cover his other sister's constant rehabilitation attempts. He hopes that the upcoming find-and-colonize mission will get him promoted, so he can make enough between him and his other siblings to get his aging parents into more friendly dwellings. Rick never received any specializations beyond mastering the art of ignoring pain, and is a jack-of-all-trades with simple understanding of medicine, weapons, and tactics. He never cared for the on-base nightclub, preferring to meet with other recruits (and a couple of pretty girls) at a cafe for sandwiches and coffee, and impress them (or not) with his apparently bottomless stomach.
Name: Saryll Chase

Appearance: Standing at 5'6, Saryll is slender, but not skinny or weedy, with a wiry kind of strength. Her shoulder-length straight coppery red hair is usually left to hang free over her shoulders, occasionally falling past her freckled face, wide green eyes and thin, near constantly pursed lips. Saryll wears standard WINGS field armour with environmentally appropriate camouflage, thermal regulation for extended periods of immobility and enhanced recoil control in the shoulders.

Personality: Disdainful, aloof and dismissive of things she deems below her notice, but ultimately kind, if a little misguided.

Genetic Modification and equipment: Vision - highly sensitive eyes able to pick up the slightest movement from up to a thousand meters, allowing Saryll to designate and act on targets with surgical precision and ruthless efficiency.

Profession: Sniper and long-range support, battlefield tactician.

Weapons: Sniper rifle, pistol and for short-range encounters a stun-stick.

Unique Item: Spotter - A small peripheral for the WINGS standard helmet, the spotter takes readings of low-level electromagnetic fluctuations, analysing them for similarities to neural activity, marking the sources of them on a HUD, able to detect minds through obstacles at distances of up to six hundred meters. Low levels of neural activity, suggesting minds at rest of not engaged in high activity are marked as white marks on the display, with high levels of neural activity suggesting anger and aggression are marked as red. A Friend-or-Foe system is featured in the software, marking designated friendlies as blue marks, shifting to purple in states of aggression.

Backstory: Raised in an abusive household, Saryll learned to stay as far from others as possible, instead interpreting things and making decisions from afar. Socially withdrawn, she was ostracised in school, making her jaded and disdainful of others, learning to watch for small movements others made that might betray their intentions as her interpersonal skills slowly developed. She left school at the earliest age possible and joined the Earth Union military, eager to escape her home life and put as much distance between it and herself as possible by applying for a squad scheduled to go on one of the initial interstellar journeys. During her training, Saryll showed an aptitude for tactical planning and long range support of a team, away from immediate stresses and free to choose her targets to best serve her team's positioning on the battlefield. When the squad was scrapped to make way for the WINGS unit to take their place due to their greater combat capabilities, she volunteered for the Thompson Procedure to join the elite unit. The next two weeks were the most agonising of her life, she clawed at her eyes over and over, as every cell in her body was rewritten from the inside, almost resulting in her death several times, and was nearly pulled from the project because of the seeming inevitability of her demise, but she clung on to life through sheer force of will, and emerged from the process an enhanced member of the military forces, ready to serve her planet at any point.
Name: Chris Gannon

Appearance: White, 6'0", Big-boned with broad shoulders, really a football player build, Short dark brown hair, slightly small blue eyes with brown square-rimmed glasses, wears the WINGS light combat armor for mobility and flexibility which has the WINGS logo stenciled on the chest of the armor. Always has a tan bandana covering his mouth and nose to keep out unexpected dust.

Personality: Usually quiet only speaking up when necessary, he tries to be in second-place in all competitions so as not to gather attention. He is a very optimistic person that never loses hope. He is very cautious and tries to think through every situation before enacting a plan. He is extremely smart, especially with electronics and seems to know more than he is letting on at times. He seems to be at home when he is farther away from the front lines. If you ever need to find him, look for him sitting on a rock or chair staring into the horizon, contemplating about the day's events.

Genetic Modification: Intelligence, Chris was always a very smart and bright person and with the WINGS modifications, he became one of the smartest people in the WINGS program. Chris is able to hack any computer terminal or fix broken equipment with duct tape and super glue. With his intelligence he is able to retain massive amounts of information such as points of interest number of hostiles etc.

Profession: Field Technician/Scout. Chris can handle any technical problem thrown to him and, with his photographic memory, draw up troop movements and base layouts making him an excellent scout.

Weapons: Battle rifles and DMRs working are his bread-and-butter using them for medium-to-long range and if caught at short range, pistols are his go to weapon.

Unique Item: Arm-Mounted Computer. Chris has a personal computer attached to his armor on his left forearm. The personal computer is completely wireless and can hack into any computer or any electronic device in a 50 meter radius. It also has the ability crack encryptions and can intercept messages allowing him to intercept enemy messages and then decrypt them.

Backstory: Chris was born into a medium-class family being the middle child of three. Most would figure his past as normal, however, it was not. At a very early age Chris showed remarkable brain activity and was marked close to being a prodigy. He could have made top marks in school, but settled for slightly above average grades, so as to stay with friends and peers. During an introductory computer class at school, Chris realized that electronics was his calling and, by accident, became the best student in that particular class. Knowing that the military would be the best bet to go for electronics and computer work, he enlisted at the age of 18. Right after getting promoted to Staff Sgt. he was approached by personnel in charge of finding candidates for the WINGS program. He immediately signed up and after grueling weeks of new training and genetic modifications became one of the smartest people in the military.

Name: Damien "Frankenstein" Lier

Appearance: Damien stands tall at 6'2", athletically built with golden hair cut short and eyes the color of the Caribbean Sea. The best way to describe his body type would be 'whiplike,' as he seems built like a bird: no extra mass save for what he needs is on his bones. A strange, cross-like scar mars the back of his right hand, while his left hand sports a diagonal slash of its own. Finally, Damien's face is marred by a pale scar that stretches diagonally from the middle of his forehead, across his right eye, ending right at the uppermost ridge of bone on his right cheekbone. Damien's armor is matte-black, with the WINGS symbol available on his left shoulder with his rank (Sergeant) on his right. His armor is also built in sections, allowing Damien to remove a piece of it without taking off the whole thing in order to make full use of his... Ability. Out of combat, Damien's visor folds in half and slides down to the back half of his neck, leaving a hologram that reaches about up to his chin,  showing him all his readings and all the team's readouts. This can be turned on or off at will. When in combat, the visor will immediately slide over Damien's head from the back and sides like a spider enveloping an unfortunate fly at high speed. The visor of Damien's helmet is a simple, opaque bar to see through, with a small slit in the mask near his mouth to breathe. Damien's mask is intentionally small- this is because as medic, Damien is able to switch from the viewpoint of any of his teammates at any time, or read their vitals to better judge where he is needed.

Personality: Damien is a man who lives on the razor's edge, to borrow the cliche. He doesn't care much for his own safety when others are on the line, throwing himself into the front lines in order to save the life of a man who just got nailed by shrapnel. However, Damien can often be found quietly thinking, mindlessly throwing one of his knives in the air and catching it, every time. Just don't interrupt him when he's thinking, or ask him about his scars....

Genetic Modification: Healing Factor. Damien's healing factor has become magnitudes greater than the average human's, allowing him to quickly heal any tissue damage that is not immediately lethal. Damien is also able to modify his body's biology, such as changing his blood type from AB to O, changing the amount of platelets available within his bloodstream, or even shutting down his pain reaction. Damien uses this to its fullest, the surgery  turning him into a human organ bank. Many soldiers are alive today with one of Damien's livers, or one of his arms sown upon the stump where some unlucky soldier once lost his own. However, such an ability requires huge amounts of energy, and so Damien is ravenous after having to regrow an entire limb or organ, to replenish his body's fuel supply.

Profession: Medic

Equipment: Shotgun, pistol, self-heating knives.

Bio: Damien was born in the city of Dallas, a huge city known as the cutting edge in Medicine and Biology. They developed everything from antiseptics to fully functional mechanical limb replacements. The Liers were some of the most well known researchers in this field, and were loved by millions, whose lives they had saved with their revolutionary technologies. However, with every boon to mankind, there are always those uneducated masses who believe the technology was a desecration of the human dignity, and didn't care how they got their point across. However, bombs were usually known to do the trick. An extremist had strapped a bomb to himself and decided to plan his attack during a speech given by Dr. Lier, Damien's father when Damien himself was 14. The doctor noticed the man in time to fling himself across his son to protect his child child, saving Damien but dying in the process. Damien's mother also died in the blast, leaving Damien in charge of the estate. 

Damien did everything in his power to keep his parents' estate his, agreeing to serve as a medic in the army so long as the government promised to protect his inheritance. Damien from that point onward detested with a passion all lethal explosives. The military offered Damien a position in WINGS, after having taken note of his prodigious ability to heal others, often fixing injuries most other doctors claimed irreversibly fatal.This was how Damien got the nickname 'Frankenstein,' for the fictional scientist that ignored the boundaries between life and death.
Name: Camilla Marden

Appearance: At first glace, Camilla seems relatively normal; an evidently female figure, bulked out slightly by both military fitness and her Nordic inheritance, which shows too in her square chin, blue eyes and blond hair, which she wears tied back.
Then one realizes she is over seven feet tall, and strong enough to lift any of her team mates with one hand. Her armour is scaled to match her strength; extra layers provide her with improved damage resistance, and hard-points allow her to carry hear for her team-mates.

Personality: Born into a military family, Camilla has been raised to believe that she can do anything if she can but try hard enough, but that one must always care for a team above oneself. Her preferred role as a supporter puts her at odds with her mutation, which makes her best suited for direct combat.
On top of this, she fears that it has made her unwomanly and unattractive, and that she may accidentally cause someone harm without meaning to. In short, she is at best uncomfortable with her mutation.

Genetic Modification: Camilla stands seven feet and three inches in height, and her entire body is scaled proportionally to this increase. Her strength and endurance are even greater , both at about 1.5-2 times human standard, as are her toxin resistance and healing factor (though not a patch on Damien).
On the negative side, she requires a huge amount of energy to maintain this strength; she consumes 3 times then standard ration, and if cut off from supplies runs a real risk of starvation.

Profession: Though trained as a battlefield engineer, she has taken on the role of The Heavy. She carries the biggest guns, as well as spare rounds for everyone, and all the random kit people might need. She is able to break down doors and face the foe toe to toe.
As an engineer, she can also fix anything, and even improve it in the process. It upsets her that people forget this now that she has become The Heavy.

Weapons: Huge, high recoil weapons of every kind, and the kind of assault gear that normally needs a stand to be used (she cares little for the specifics). For a sidearm, she favors vast, slow-firing weapons that can only loosely be called 'pistols', and that she has taken to calling Hand Cannons

Backstory: Her close family were (or indeed are) soldiers. Three of her grandparents, and four cousins all have distinguished military careers. Joining the the3 forces was not an if but a when. But Camilla wanted to join as more than just a number with a gun.
Rather than sign up straight out of school, she went to university and got an engineering decree, then went on to get training to become a battlefield technician. When she finally saw active service, her skills, determination and selflessness helped her stand out, and she was swiftly offered a place in the WINGS project.
When her mutation was revealed, she was at first shocked, and then taken aback. Indeed, she is still adjusting to her new circumstances, and rethinking her entire role in light of the changes. This is her first mission with the WINGS, and it will likely be a make or break situation.
<spoiler=Pax>Name: Pax

Appearance: Pax is an African American who is 5.8 feet tall, who has blonde smoothed out trimmed hair. He isn't very muscular but don't let that fool you- he's got a very build body yet not 'bold' like. Has a blonde ghoti beard as well (due to bleaching his hair and beard altogether). His armor is similar to Jason's except it has a lot of oil marks along the patches thus the shoulder pads are more rectangle like then anything.

Personality: He only talks when he feels required too. Won't jump to anyone's side but rather observe it very carefully. Pax has a way of showing his concerns but hardly does due to the immense training he's gone through plus being isolated all the time working on mechanical projects.

Genetic Modification: This ability is interesting- he's able to maintain any given body temperature if absolutely necessary. If in the cold, he can take deep breaths that warms up his body from the inside, or in the heat (if over 100 degrees) he can cool off by doing the same thing even without sweating much. Comes very handy when driving on long trips, or having to wait to pick up his crew in tight emergencies within any condition.

Profession: Pax can drive any vehicle known to man (or even vehicles that exist to be found by man). Not only does he take time in learning to drive a ship/aircraft/vehicle, but also learns how they function inside and out. Sometimes he'll sleep in one from studying it for to long.

Weapons: A mini machine gun, 10mm bullets required.

Unique Weapon: An Electronic Wrench. As simple as the name sounds, it's far from it. This electronic wrench is made of the finest metal the military has to offer. It's far more dense and thicker then a normal wrench and weighs 130 pounds (requires two hands to hold onto). What this wrench does is send electrical pulses within the parts Pax works on. What this will do is serve as an energetic shield against any machinery that can put down sonar, radios, and fuel altogether. In other words, they cannot hack nor 'kill off' the vehicle's reliable sources at all. Also, the wrench comes in handy in a melee since the electric pulse can be reversed into pure static electricity (as a shocking rod really).

Backstory: He has none. For some reason, WINGS has made his records 'classified'. Some say it was due to one secretive mission that has gone wrong... thus if Pax was exposed could be a major threat to the military. Others say he's a spy for personal uses in the WINGS organization. But everyone at least knows he's never been given a background check for some strange reason.

Notes: If you need me for any reason, please do quote me. I'll check in reading the posts in case I should come up but just in case.

I stay up till 2 Am every night and wake up around 10-12 in the mornings. If I do anything wrong or you wish to talk to me about something please PM me. Thanks.
Name:Reynold, James

Appearance: Tall, skinny his uniform is mostly dark blue camo, with the WINGS logo on his upper right chest, and on his left arm and a small standing collar, with standard dark-colored body armor plus a helmet, with a breathing mechanism. His rank is corporal. The armor is made of a thick polyester fiber, the plating is an advanced ceramic alloy, lighter than standard plate, but much less resistant to ramming in exchange for piercing and heat resistance. When he takes off his helmet, you see a white male, with green eyes and dirty blonde hair, and sharp features, if very pale. He usually wears a cheeky smirk and tone. He has smaller knee and elbow pads than normal, for mobility

Personality: James is very cheeky, however he'll follow orders to the letter. Known for exploiting loopholes to attempt to go about his missions in the most moral way possible, but he will always complete the objective, no matter how may bodies make the bridge. Friendly, but deceptively intelligent and wise. Very hard to read.

Genetic Mods: Faster thinking, and he's faster and more agile than most. His thinking gives him better motion tracking and calculation, also allowing him slightly increased eyesight

Profession: Intelligence wetwork (assassination and stealth operations)

Weapons: a high-caliber long distance experimental sniper rifle, capable of shooting through a tank, pistol and sub-machine gun

Special Item: his suit is custom-made with a system that works like a cameleon, hiding him from sight. His helmet has a targetting system in the visor, that can also identify most human weapons and increases movement contrast, allowing him to detect enemies more easily

Backstory: Coming from a poor slum, infested with gang violence he was recruited in highschool, planning to use the college payments, however he was then recruited into the Special Operations department of the Marines, and became career military. He was a Sgt. at one point, but was demoted for correcting a superior in the field, and dodged discharge from the success of the mission, and lack of casualties. At age 22, after two years of Special Operations without incident, he was recruited into WINGS and passed the Thompson procedure without incident, making sure to keep himself in the middle of the class. He then spent the rest of his time training, and went on a few Special Operations, to keep his real-world skills sharp. Known for not thinking twice when somebody really does need to die, he'll kill them without regret. His psych tests are all strange and contradictory, jumbled, some even seem to simply be saying that they have no idea what happens in his head.
Name: Jarmen Kell

Appearance: Jarmen is a well tanned man of Middle Eastern descent with short, curly black hair. He stands at around 5?4? due to his stunted growth (see backstory) with a slender but very well toned build. He wears the WINGS light armor although he?s hacked off much of what he calls ?unnecessary weight?. Anything on his uniform that might draw attention to him, like bright colors (rank insignia) or clanking metal (majority of armor) has been cut away including most of the material on his arms. He eschews a full helmet, preferring a simple gasmask. Years of fighting and toying around with explosives has left most of his upper half pockmarked with bullet scars and old burns. His forearms and much of his legs are clad in his custom exoskeleton armor. Before combat he always takes the time to expertly apply camouflage to most of his body.

Personality: Jarmen is courteous but taciturn. He has been in combat most of his life and things like small talk or romantic relationships are largely ignored or unknown to him. Due to his history he has reservations with both authority figures and the fact that he?s now fighting alongside women, although he?s wise enough not to vocalize either opinion. He?s calm and analytical with a very dark sense of humor. He?s also extremely defensive of his own competence. If his abilities are questioned it will immediately lead to a confrontation or to him going out of his way to prove his skills, even if it puts the team in danger. When not in combat he can usually be found trying to improve his own talents, building pocket watches to improve dexterity, modifying explosives or sneaking into places he has no business being in.

Genetic Modification: Structural enhancement, Jarmen?s bones and muscle structure have all been made more durable allowing him to shrug off blows and minor wounds to a greater degree than someone of his size and armor class would normally be able to take. It?s also what allows him to use the exoskeleton armor without having his bones shatter on impact.

Profession: infiltrator/demolitions

Weapons: Suppressed handguns and assault rifles, a wide variety of explosives, His hands and feet.

Unique Item: Exoskeleton armor. Light armor with heavy servomotors installed on his arms and legs allow him silently jump nearly 40 feet in the air, cling to walls and ceilings, carry additional weight and deliver punches and kicks with impact more akin to being hit by a car than by a short middle eastern fellow. The downside is that the motors are relatively fragile. The light armor isn?t nearly enough to protect them and only a few hits will render them dead weight.

Backstory: Jarmen was born in one of the regions still rebelling against the new government after the war. His mother died during childbirth and his father died fighting the government when he was 6. For the remainder of his childhood he continued to fight, even with a near complete lack of resources sometimes even fighting government troops with his bare hands. He was frequently starving and malnourished leading to his stunted growth in later life. He was famed among the rebels for his ability to slip into even the highest security areas unnoticed, plant explosives and leave before the first one detonated. As he entered adulthood he began to realize that he and his fellow countrymen had absolutely no chance of winning the fight. He tried to explain this to the woman leading the rebellion but she completely ignored him despite him having fought alongside her most of his life. Embittered he joined the government he?d been fighting in return for employment and further training. His extensive knowledge of guerrilla tactics and the region?s landscape lead to the rebellion being crushed less than two months after his betrayal. More than a decade of military service followed with him gaining a reputation as one of the finest saboteurs the military had ever seen. Multiple offers of promotion have been made to him, most of which he refused before finally accepting one to 2nd Lieutenant where he remained until being recruited into WINGS. He went through the Thompson procedure without notable incident. Outside of military service he has little to no life, with family either deceased or unknown and a pariah in his homeland due to his betrayal.

Notes: This is my first ever forums RP so forgive me if I make any faux pas or do anything to amateurish.
Name: Jobe Gaulgrim

Appearance: Jobe is caucasian, about 5 ft 10" tall with an athletic build that allows him to move gracefully, but with obvious physical strength. He has short, dark hair and blue eyes, with a tatoo over his heart of the grim reaper wielding a scythe with the latin phrase "Ipsum, pugnare, sinte" below it: "Live, fight, suffer" No officer has ever dared coment on it. He wears heavy armour, capable of withstanding sustained fire as he rushes towards enemy lines. He has a WINGS logo on his left shoulder and the stripes of a corpral on his right. His armour is matt-black

Personality: Jobe is friendly but quiet, he considers most people friends until proven otherwise, which for him means he won't kill you unless you, say, take the table-salt before him, cut infront of him in a que or sneeze while he's talking. Yeah, he's a bit of a pscho really.

Genetic Modification: Adrenalin-Jobe's adrenalin glands have been greatly enhanced, meaning he becomes faster, stronger and more alert (not to the extent of people with those specific modifications, but still noticably increased). Crucially however, he becomes incredibly aggressive to the point where he is obsessed with making other things dead.

Profession: Close-quarter-assualt trooper

Weapons: Twin automatic pistols, shotgun, combat machete, flashbang grenades and bladed knuckle dusters

Unique Item: Vacuum generator- A grenade like device that deploys to suck air inside itself at a rapid speed. Everything within 10 feet of the generator that isn't bolted down is sucked towards it, thus dragging enemies, weaponry and basically everything else out of cover. After being deployed however, it needs a 3 hour "Cool-down" period before it can be used again.

Backstory: Jobe was always destined for the army. It was inevitable really, there were no other proffesions that allowed him to utilise his inate pscopathic streak. After several failed attempts to make him specialise (they all ended with him attacking head on), and a sudden increase in "accidents" in the platoon's barracks (in one such case Jobe testified that a he had been alone with fell over his bed; breaking both legs, his nose, 6 ribs, 3 fingers and an arm). The platoon commander "Volunteered" Jobe for the WINGS program shortly afterwards.
Name: Amos Clearwater

Appearance: Standing to attention at 6'4, Amos is a tall, broad-shouldered man who knows how to loom. His closely cropped black hair has dustings of white at the temples that - when mixed with his cool, green stare - make him look a highly distinguished, if slightly formidable, man

Amos' armour is the standard issue with white markings on the shoulders and back to identify him as a squad leader. His left glove, however has been modified to allow for his 'Energy push' attack (see Unique items)

Personality: Being born into a very well-off English family with hundreds of years of noble history, Amos believes himself to be better than everybody. His words and actions often carry a strong sense of self-entitlement.

Genetic Modification: Amos has received cognitive modifications that allow him to think and respond quickly and more precisely in a situation. He mainly wanted this for negotiation and interrogation purposes. This modification has caused Amos to become an even greater (and therefore more pompous) speaker and leader.

He has also been given standard muscle modifications that grant him better reflexes, strength and endurance - although not as much as someone specialising in a specific attribute.

Profession: Soldier, leader of his squad. Interrogator.

Weapons: Handgun, standard assault rifle, combat knife and a couple of grenades. 'Energy push' gauntlet (see below)

Unique Item: Amos wears a modified gauntlet on his left hand that creates a force of energy that can push objects or enemies away from him with a lot of strength. The force of this attack is so strong that it is rumoured to have stopped bullets, although there is no evidence to back up this claim. At close range, Amos prefers to attack with a handgun in his right hand, whilst throwing enemies back with his left hand.

The gauntlet must be recharged and maintained regularly to avoid battery failure or short-circuiting during combat.

Backstory: A highly rich and intelligent man, Amos is the latest soldier from an immensely noble English family. All of his male relatives from the past were renowned military men; famed for their courage, bravery and deeds.

Amos, at the age of 45, has not gained fame though. Instead he has become a disgrace in the eyes of his father, never achieving more than a standard soldier's awards, thus lowering the legendary reputation of the Clearwater name.

In a desperate attempt to gain his father's respect, Amos became a military interrogator and quickly built a reputation for having great skill in this field. Spurred on by the praise he received, Amos began conducting even more complex and inventive interrogations. Soon, though, rumours spread, brandishing Amos as a simple torturer, someone who revelled in the suffering of others. It wasn't long before Amos fled from these rumours.

Furious and terrified at the prospect of disappointing his ancestors further, Amos spent millions of dollars bribing his way onto the 'Thompson Project', certain that by going into space, he would secure himself as the greatest Clearwater to have ever lived.

Notes: Will be added once I know how I'm going to be introduced into the story.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Hmm. Seems interesting. I might write something up if I have time.
Spoiler will be updated with character.

Appearance: Standing at 5'6, Saryll is slender, but not skinny or weedy, with a wiry kind of strength. Her shoulder-length straight coppery red hair is usually left to hang free over her shoulders, occasionally falling past her freckled face, wide green eyes and thin, near constantly pursed lips. Saryll wears standard WINGS field armour with environmentally appropriate camouflage, thermal regulation for extended periods of immobility and enhanced recoil control in the shoulders.

Personality: Disdainful, aloof and dismissive of things she deems below her notice, but ultimately kind, if a little misguided.

Genetic Modification and equipment: Vision - highly sensitive eyes able to pick up the slightest movement from up to a thousand meters, allowing Saryll to designate and act on targets with surgical precision and ruthless efficiency.

Unique Item: Spotter - A small peripheral for the WINGS standard helmet, the spotter takes readings of low-level electromagnetic fluctuations, analysing them for similarities to neural activity, marking the sources of them on a HUD, able to detect minds through obstacles at distances of up to six hundred meters. Low levels of neural activity, suggesting minds at rest of not engaged in high activity are marked as white marks on the display, with high levels of neural activity suggesting anger and aggression are marked as red. A Friend-or-Foe system is featured in the software, marking designated friendlies as blue marks, shifting to purple in states of aggression.

Backstory: Raised in an abusive household, Saryll learned to stay as far from others as possible, instead interpreting things and making decisions from afar. Socially withdrawn, she was ostracised in school, making her jaded and disdainful of others, learning to watch for small movements others made that might betray their intentions as her interpersonal skills slowly developed. She left school at the earliest age possible and joined the Earth Union military, eager to escape her home life and put as much distance between it and herself as possible by applying for a squad scheduled to go on one of the initial interstellar journeys. During her training, Saryll showed an aptitude for tactical planning and long range support of a team, away from immediate stresses and free to choose her targets to best serve her team's positioning on the battlefield. When the squad was scrapped to make way for the WINGS unit to take their place due to their greater combat capabilities, she volunteered for the Thompson Procedure to join the elite unit. The next two weeks were the most agonising of her life, she clawed at her eyes over and over, as every cell in her body was rewritten from the inside, almost resulting in her death several times, and was nearly pulled from the project because of the seeming inevitability of her demise, but she clung on to life through sheer force of will, and emerged from the process an enhanced member of the military forces, ready to serve her planet at any point.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Name: Rick Osten

Appearance: Rick is a Hispanic male that stands at 6'7" and is bald. He's extremely broad and muscular due to modifications, training and natural build. He wears the WINGS heavy armor which is a full body heavyweight suit of armor that is difficult to move in, yet can take small explosions without rupturing. There's no rank on the left arm, but the WINGS logo is on his right upper arm. The variant he uses has robotics installed in the major joints, allowing easier movement and more heavily armored limbs, but the robotics are exposed and destroying them reduces movement capabilities... a lot.

Personality: Rick is a friendly, neurotic goofball who enjoys socialization, even though he's really not all that good at it. He has an alternately whacky and dark sense of humor (he tosses dead baby jokes around effortlessly, so long as no one important is nearby) and only takes goals set for him by his superiors seriously. Diagnosed with mild Tourette's Syndrome (not bad enough to refuse him entry from project WINGS), he often reacts unpredictably in casual situations due to personal whims. His personal moral system consists of a "people first" approach, and he will endanger himself to rescue pretty much any human in trouble. He handily admits that kittens make him happy. He suffers a Knight-In-Shining-Armor complex, and will pay extra attention to the well being of women over men. He dislikes internal conflict, and will get upset if two other teammates start fighting.

Genetic modification: Endurance. Rick had an unusually high pain tolerance and willpower even before entering project WINGS, and the modifications have only extended this further. This makes Rick ideal to use as a meat shield, as even IF the high-powered armor he's wearing was penetrated, he's known to effortlessly survive small bullets and fairly toxic poisons, as well as, as demonstrated in one particularly memorable incident, small explosions. However, the overwhelming surge in his oxygen cap, immune system, and such have left him really quite slow to heal if he DOES get seriously injured (a mid-sized cut he got in his arm took five hours to stop bleeding and over six weeks to heal).

Backstory: Rick was born into the filthiest slums one could imagine to an impoverished mother. A sixth child in a hardy family of seven, he led a surprisingly normal life, successfully avoiding the gangs as much as he could (and winning all the fights he got into when he couldn't). He didn't do particularly well in school, so continued on into the army at the age of seventeen instead of continuing his education. He was given the Thompson Procedure after he demonstrated his endurance following a fall out of a window fifty feet above ground without so much as breaking anything. Rick's training was mostly done with the "mind over matter" approach, as well as rudimentary martial combat skills and firearms. He never excelled at any of them, but can use any gun effectively enough and can badly injure with a well-aimed punch. He lived in the military base with the general conditions for soldiers-in-training, and was allowed visits from his family every month or so. His eldest brother entered the army as a weapons technician, and his younger sister joined as a medic a year ago at age 25. Both are alive and well. Rick sends a great amount of his paycheck home to cover his other sister's constant rehabilitation attempts. He hopes that the upcoming find-and-colonize mission will get him promoted, so he can make enough between him and his other siblings to get his aging parents into more friendly dwellings. Rick never received any specializations beyond mastering the art of ignoring pain, and is a jack-of-all-trades with simple understanding of medicine, weapons, and tactics. He never cared for the on-base nightclub, preferring to meet with other recruits (and a couple of pretty girls) at a cafe for sandwiches and coffee, and impress them (or not) with his apparently bottomless stomach.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Name: Rick Osten

Ok your good, I will add this character to the accepted characters list now.

Edit: Also is there anyone else? Come on I don't bite! [sub]Much >.>[/sub]

staika

Aug 3, 2009
Cap said:
Hmm. Seems interesting. I might write something up if I have time.
Spoiler will be updated with character.

Appearance: 5'6, slender, shoulder-length straight coppery hair, freckled face, wide green eyes, standard field armour with environmentally appropriate camouflage, thermal insulation and enhanced recoil control in the shoulders.

Genetic Modification: Vision - highly sensitive eyes able to pick up the slightest movement from five hundred meters, allowing Saryll to designate and act on targets with surgical precision and ruthless efficiency.

Backstory: Raised in an abusive household, Saryll learned to stay as far from others as possible, instead interpreting things and making decisions from afar. Socially withdrawn, she was ostracised in school, making her jaded and disdainful of others, learning to watch for small movements others made that might betray their intentions. She left school at the earliest age possible and joined the Earth Union military, eager to escape her home life and put as much distance between it and herself as possible by applying for a squad scheduled to go on one of the initial interstellar journeys. During her training, Saryll showed an aptitude for tactical planning and using sniper rifles. When the squad was scrapped to make way for the WINGS unit to take their place due to their greater combat capabilities, she volunteered for the Thompson Procedure to join the elite unit. The next two weeks were the most agonising of her life, as every cell in her body was rewritten from the inside, almost resulting in her death several times, but she clung on to life through sheer force of will, and emerged from the process an enhanced member of the military forces, ready to serve at any point.
I like it! I shall add it to the accepted character list now ^-^

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
This squad is going to be interesting to interact with. How many people are we aiming to have on board?

By the way, my character's name was first going to be "Rick Asten", but he kept Rick'Rolling me in my head as I wrote the sheet.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
lacktheknack said:
This squad is going to be interesting to interact with. How many people are we aiming to have on board?

By the way, my character's name was first going to be "Rick Asten", but he kept Rick'Rolling me in my head as I wrote the sheet.
That's terrible D: and quite funny >.>

I was planning on about 6 people total including me. but at this rate it doesn't look like we'll get there anytime soon >.>

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Well, we're half way there... I wonder why this RP isn't attracting any attention. Any lurkers want to give us an idea?

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Well, we're half way there... I wonder why this RP isn't attracting any attention. Any lurkers want to give us an idea?
RPs can take a good while to get enough members. Usually it's about two weeks before anything gets going.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Cap said:
lacktheknack said:
RPs can take a good while to get enough members. Usually it's about two weeks before anything gets going.
That's a bit anti-climactic. Oh well, what's another ten days? :p

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Cap said:
lacktheknack said:
Maybe. Stuff fluctuates. A lot of RPs don't get off the ground at all.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
Cap said:
lacktheknack said:
Cap said:
lacktheknack said:
Maybe. Stuff fluctuates. A lot of RPs don't get off the ground at all.
Oh no! we can't let that happen! I must recruit moar people!

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
are there still slots open? This looks really interesting, and would be neat to see where this rp goes

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Bo Latner said:
are there still slots open? This looks really interesting, and would be neat to see where this rp goes
At least one more, with space for more expansion, I think. Go nuts.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
Bo Latner said:
There are free spaces left. My goal was at least five people excluding me but we shall see how many people want to join. So you can make a character sheet and join.