Shadows of the Universe (Sci-fi Action RP)(Started)(Closed)

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
"So thats the bad guys with acid guns, advanced armour, diomand skinned cretins, giant near-invincible sand worms and now invisible bullets. And I'm meant to be taking them on with a pair of pistols and a sword whose teeth spin really fast. Just doesn't seem fair does it?" Jobe chuckled and shook his head "Maybe I should just fight left handed? By the way has anyone actually got any intel on those aliens? I'd like to know why sniper boy had to plug one several times before it died, might help with weak-spots or something."

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
"Good news is unless they want to use enough power to go to Warp each time they shoot, they can't use those things in space, bad news is they've probably got superlasers or antimatter beams or something. Well... We've got nukes and railguns. Which, so long as they can't just become ectoplasmic at the last second, should kill just about everything so long as you don't mind killing everything else around it." James mused. "I should probably just nuke them next time. I don't care what kind of diamond they're made out of, nuclear fission doesn't take any shit from anybody. And from what little I've heard of any experimental energy shields I've heard Human eggheads fathoming, we should be able to nuke that too. I say we just start railgunning nuclear bombs at them, they didn't seem too eager to talk things out with us on that planet."

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
"Nuke the crap out of a whole planet?" Camilla's voice sounded deeper thean she remebered, but it still carried the same sarcasm she had aimed for "That fits the mission plan of 'Kill All The Things', but probably requires passing with the High Comand. We don't know why they sent us here to clear it out; maybe there's something valuable down there that they want to keep the aliens off; nuking it wouldn't be wise"

Personally, she also thought that throwing that amount of firepower around would lead, sooner or later, to a disasterous mistake or an apocalyptic retalitaion, and she wasn;'t sure which would be worse...

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
"Besides, we're genetically enhanced super soldiers of death! If I get within five feet of one of those bastards I could carve it into cabab meat in ten seconds flat, and I don't want to think about what Camilla could do to one in close quarters! Where's the fun in just blowing everything up?"
What James had said was true though, Jobe thought, and after seeing what those acid guns could do, Jobe wasn't all that keen on rushing them. Still, if he had Rick to hide behind it'd probably be fine. Eventually he decided he honestly didn't care if they used nukes or not, just so long as he got to use his chain-sword a few times first

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rick grunted happily. 1650 pounds on the leg press! He would make it to the 2500 limit yet...

"Personally, I think we should get a bit more intel on the big diamond-scale-thing first. We might have just used a flyswatter on something that was bigger than a fly, which is why it didn't work out, but there's no reason to start swinging a large car at it yet."

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Jason had spent the past few hours in his room alone as he tried to piece together what those aliens were. "Dammit, what were those things and what were they doing there." Jason thought to himself as he rewatched the video from the battle for about the 50th time. "They were too organized to be a scouting unit. It's almost as if they were guarding something, but what?" Jason wondered aloud. "Captain Kahlil, the science team has discovered something and they are requesting your presence." Lieutenant Sanders announced over the PA system in Jason's room. "Tell them I'm on my way." Jason responded as he stood up. "They better have good fucking news." Jason added under his breath as he walked out of his room.

"So what do you have for me." Jason said as he walked into the science room. "Well sir, we are still analyzing the dead bodies and the weapons but we discovered something interesting." Dr. Fredrickson the head sceintist replied. "Well what is it?" Jason asked. "Well we found this device that we think is locator of some kind. Here what do you think of it?" Dr. Fredrickson stated handing the device to Jason. Jason took the device and took a look at it, he noticed that the device had a large screen and showed what looked like a map. Jason noticed that there was a dot on the map but it didn't look like there was anything there. "Interesting, I'll take this to chris and see if he can figure out what this points to. In the mean time I want the analysis to the dead bodies and weapons ASAP!" Jason stated as he walked out of the room with the device.

"Lieutant sanders, could you tell me where Sergeant Gannon is?" Jason asked into his radio. "Yes sir, Sergeant Gannon is currently in the gym with other members of the WINGS." Sanders replied after a short pause. "Thank you." Jason said as he headed towards the gym. As Jason walked into the gym he noticed some of the other WINGS were there. "Hey chris I got this thing that we can't make heads or tails of. I think it's a map of some kind but I don't know what it's pointing to, can you try to figure out what this is?" Jason asked handing the device to Chris.

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Chris turned to see Jason when his Captain entered the room and called his name.

"A map?" Chris inquired while grabbing the device. After looking at it for a couple of minutes he stated, "Well it's obviously a map of the dunes we were fighting on down on planet-side. I can't really say for sure, but if I had to guess, I would have to say that the dot is pointing at something underground. Whether that thing is a secret base, an ancient relic, or whatever else is anyone's guess. Hey Jason, while we are on the note of these aliens, I have compiled some data on their weapons, if you want to take a look."

staika

Aug 3, 2009
"Hmm, something underground." Jason mumbled to himself thinking of what could be underground. "Well we can figure that out when we go down. So what do you have on the weapons?" Jason asked coming back to reality.

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Chris handed the datapad that had all the information on the weapons to Jason.

"Well, the ammunition their weapons use are invisible, so its going to be a ***** to try and trace the shot, and there doesn't really seem to be any way to switch out magazines. The ammo seems to be built inside the gun, making the user have to open the gun up to do that, and even then I'm not sure if their guns even need magazines. They may just be able to materialize the ammo. So the guns either run out of ammo and they find a new gun, or they don't have to worry about ammo at all. Oh, and one more thing: their 'bullets' are acidic, so if you get shot, it's going to hurt, and it will burn through our armor quick. I already test-fired it on the heavy armor as well, it doesn't help much either, just takes a little longer to burn through. Colon might have some more info for you, but that is all I have."

staika

Aug 3, 2009
Jason scowled at the words 'acidic bullets'. "Damn, so now we need to find a way to stop the acidic bullets since our armor isn't going to cut it as they are now." Jason stated as he took a look at the datapad. "So they basically have bullets we can't see, a gun that may or may not run out of ammo and bullets that can destroy our armor. Here I thought this mission was going to be easy." Jason added still checking through the datapad.

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
James raised his brow at the mention of a map and went over to look over the tech-man's shoulders at it "It's... a good map. Like. High quality briefing material, and they can just drag this around? I'm guessing those side displays are probably weather factors or possibly intel. Then again, I don't read Bloodthirsty Nasty E.T." James scratched his head "Techie, is it possible my bombardment revealed and/or destroyed that? It was a pretty tough bashing" James looked curiously, obviously asking trained questions, hard to say how much of his sudden articulation was personal or mechanical

Grim327

Jul 21, 2011
Chris turned around to face James, "Hard to say." he replied. "Without knowing how deep the sand goes, your bombardment might have or not. There is also a possibility that this map is real-time."

Chris then turned back toward Jason and asked, "Did the analysts keep an eye on this map the whole time we had it, and if so were there any changes?"

staika

Aug 3, 2009
"I told them to notify me the second they found anything. If they followed my orders they just found this device." Jason responded to chris' question.

Kasten

Jul 22, 2011
"If you want, I could go down and do some covert recon. They weren't able to see me sniping while I was cloaked during the battle, or they didn't seem to at any rate..." James pointed at a spot a couple miles from the dot "Drop me there with some light gear and some intel equipment, and I can get a read, get to an extract, and be back before dinner." James was stroking the chin of his helmet making a light 'tink' sound. It looked like a robot was trying to imitate Socrates.