Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 12

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 12

A grand tour of Hobbiton...well, its pies, anyway.

Read Full Article

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
And now I want pie...

OT: Funny as always. Seems like Turbine should have caught some of those plotholes when they were making the game.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
stranamente said:
Suffering is always the secret ingredient....
:-D

Great work Shamus!
It is what will make everything better!

And all the sad faces on the map reminds me of a picture I saw once...where each one represented where enemies would eat ones face...there was alot XD

JeppeH

Nov 18, 2009
Good one this week :) ... Lulzy seem to run into all the quests where I myself thought "you want me to do WHAT?" **logical error - does not compute**

On the other hand the "drunk-mode" in LOTRO is so funny.. wait till you try some beer from a keg in a kinship house :D

wickedpt

Mar 23, 2009
If you're in brandywine i can give you my house adress... i have a sinister keg there. Ho boy.. what a trip! :p

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oh my. When you're drunk, it even affects the cameraman filming you.

[sub]since its third person[/sub]

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
wickedpt said:
If you're in brandywine i can give you my house adress... i have a sinister keg there. Ho boy.. what a trip! :p
Lord of the Rings Online, helping people get shitfaced since 2007.

lesterley

Jul 25, 2008
Lulzy, NO! Don't molest that toad!

(I'm really loving these LOTRO installments. Great fun!)

Leslee

Feb 13, 2008
Ok, I admit it it now. I've tried some of the Fellowship quests that Shamus was gabbling on about earlier, and DEAR GOD they're impossible.

Picture my level 30 Elven Hunter walking into the Great Barrows. Level 19 Spider Queen ahead - and with my new Dwarven-made (?) crossbow, I let off a twin shot. Oh, and my newly acquired heartseeker doesn't work...eat food, shoot, shoot, trap, swing, drink potion, swing, swing, heartshot, another heartshot, rain of arrows. Dead.

And me with 10% health left, after fighting a wandering monster.

Look next door though, there's one of the ten chalices I have to get.

Sylvan Shadows (coz I'm not stupid), sneak sneak, SURPRISE! 10 Level 18's spawn on top of you, with constant interrupts and ranged/melee attacks.

Dead

After getting mauled 3 more times, I gave it up totally. I mean, the quest is Green to me, the monsters are Greyer than Gallowtree Gate and still I'm being denied my ubershot because the level 18 Maggots are EPIC maggots.

Feck that, I'd sooner sneak into Mordor.

Telas

Jul 18, 2009
And CRPGers wonder why I prefer tabletop... At least my quests make sense!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Ok, I admit it it now. I've tried some of the Fellowship quests that Shamus was gabbling on about earlier, and DEAR GOD they're impossible.

Picture my level 30 Elven Hunter walking into the Great Barrows. Level 19 Spider Queen ahead - and with my new Dwarven-made (?) crossbow, I let off a twin shot. Oh, and my newly acquired heartseeker doesn't work...eat food, shoot, shoot, trap, swing, drink potion, swing, swing, heartshot, another heartshot, rain of arrows. Dead.
Well, the Great Barrows is the first full team instance in the game. It's basically LOTRO Raiding 101 and as such does pretty much require a full team of 6 at anything near level. Even some classes at or near cap would have trouble with some pulls there (large groups VS an induction based class = potential death no matter what the level difference).

I believe Shamus was referring to landscape quests and not designed instances.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Another good one :) Now that she's developed a taste for the strong stuff, I do hope Lulzy gets to experience the Bullroarer's Challenge before the Spring Festival ends. :)

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Damn shamus, Been reading this whole series and this one installment was epic. My feelings are a mixture of laughing and crying. Why? Why do the people who create these quests not see there is so much wrong with them. Makes me wonder if the same battered, twisted logic applies to the other races quests, or whether Holly is just an isolated case of a character that is just a lil bit 'special'.

BMWaugh

Sep 11, 2009
I'm curious...

How was Holly screwing up that recipe enough to warrant sending Lulzy all over the Shire?

And how did she screw it up without noticing? Pretty sure I'd notice if something went wrong in a two-step recipe.

Perhaps when Lulzy got back to her, she didn't think enough of the secret ingredient had gone in. Might well be why she sent her back out to collect them again. And by the time they were returned, maybe enough suffering will have gone in. Think yourself lucky she didn't send you out to deliver them again.