Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 14

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 14

Lulzy's adventure really bogs down in Frogmorten.

Read Full Article

wickedpt

Mar 23, 2009
It's a small quest hub. Just there for the lore and a few laughs.

Anyway, classy as ever:

Ow! Hey! What the hell? Okay. I take it back. I am totally going to hurt you now

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Sheer genius. Encouraging the toad to appear amongst recently departed relatives made me snort Sprite out of my nose.

P.S. I was drinking Sprite, you understand. My body doesn't naturally excrete Sprite.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
VulakAerr said:
Sheer genius. Encouraging the toad to appear amongst recently departed relatives made me snort Sprite out of my nose.

P.S. I was drinking Sprite, you understand. My body doesn't naturally excrete Sprite.
Too bad, a skill like that could get you on the freakshow circuit. First stop is an atmospheric little hamlet called Frogmorten.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
VulakAerr said:

Shoot, and I was about to shout for attempts to stick a tap in you.

Xorghul

Jul 2, 2008
I kind of pity you for having to play LOTRO, Shamus. But then again, you get paid to play games, so perhaps it's just karma being a *****.

wickedpt

Mar 23, 2009
Xorghul said:
I kind of pity you for having to play LOTRO, Shamus. But then again, you get paid to play games, so perhaps it's just karma evening things out.
Like Shamus told everyone before, LotrO is a great game. He is purposely persuing the silliest quests around and stamping his humor on them.

Heck, he could probably do this with Half-Life or Dragon Age.

This is, after all, a comic strip. If it wasn't funny then what's the point?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Three things that can immediately kill my enthusiasm for a game:

Sewer Levels
Swamps
Fighting Giant Bugs or Rats

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
Shamus, you owe me a new keyboard. The aside about contract job ratios had me shooting coffee out my nose. That is exactly what we say every year when the contractors come by to do. . . well. . . whatever it is they do. However, our contractors have exceeded the ratio by having five "guys standing around scratching their nuts" while one guy used a toothbrush to smooth out the new sidewalk - 'new,' as in redone four times in the space of six weeks for undetermined reasons (maybe they forgot to floss).

I swear, this series is the main reason I come to The Escapist now. You really need to begin your own fantasy novel - you'd be the next Terry Pratchett, I swear.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Excellent job! The Lulzy bard has done it again!

P.S. How close is she to getting those dyes?

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
Great comic as ever. How do you do it? I wasn't sold on the concept originally, but as it's grown on me like hops in a swamp.

Xorghul

Jul 2, 2008
wickedpt said:
Xorghul said:
I kind of pity you for having to play LOTRO, Shamus. But then again, you get paid to play games, so perhaps it's just karma evening things out.
Like Shamus told everyone before, LotrO is a great game. He is purposely persuing the silliest quests around and stamping his humor on them.

Heck, he could probably do this with Half-Life or Dragon Age.

This is, after all, a comic strip. If it wasn't funny then what's the point?
I know. I was merely jesting.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
The Floating Log...really? You name a tavern after a poop.

Now that is my kind of town!!

Hilarious as always, thanks!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
carpathic said:
The Floating Log...really? You name a tavern after a poop.

Now that is my kind of town!!

Hilarious as always, thanks!
Hehe Well, considering the town is essentially one large toilet bowl, I think it's rather appropriate.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Jeronus said:

It'll be a bit sooner than expected now that he has 21 extra pies to sell.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The Great JT said:
Three things that can immediately kill my enthusiasm for a game:

Sewer Levels
Swamps
Fighting Giant Bugs or Rats
First one and third one for me.

Bugs...*shudders* god how I hate them...

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
randommaster said:
Jeronus said:

It'll be a bit sooner than expected now that he has 21 extra pies to sell.
Shamus hasn't given us a number on exactly how much the new clothes cost, but I assume that getting wasted and waking up broke in another town does not help.

On that note, why has Lulzy never been paid a whole silver for her questing? The running price of any and all tasks in 90 copper, which is a weird number to me. And does anyone know how many silvers to a gold piece? I assumed it was ten, but I've never gotten a count for that.