Shamus Plays WoW #13: Crime and Punishment

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
See, this is why you NEVER roll Alliance. They're all morons, except for the Draenei and maybe the Night Elves. Horde? They all know what they're supposed to be doing.

nerd51075

Jul 18, 2009
Moriarty70 said:
The quest text in WoW can sometimes be like a story told by and idiot, full of sound and fury *puts on sunglasses* signifying nothing.
WoW's but a walking shadow, a poor player that frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.

OT: This is a great series. I used to play WoW as well, but I never looked into the actual quest text. These stories are a hilarious reminder of some good old times.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I was always confused when people told me that if I just read the quest descriptions then there is a really good plot to wow, even back in the day it was weird stuff that didnt make any sense, glad to see it still doesnt

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
nerd51075 said:
Moriarty70 said:
The quest text in WoW can sometimes be like a story told by and idiot, full of sound and fury *puts on sunglasses* signifying nothing.
WoW's but a walking shadow, a poor player that frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
There are more things in heaven and earth, nerd, than are dreamt of if your patch notes.

elpresidente

Feb 10, 2008
Lol, the part about the dirt pie quest at the end was very funny. WoW is full of stupid elements like that.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
"'I would not expect a murder investigation to involve killing this many hobos,' Norman says."

Brilliant.

"Next Week: The end is coming!"

I had better be misinterpreting this...

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Shamus do you ever just stop in a game and just say "thank you idiot who wrote this, Thank you. i have an article/comic/play-through joke now. Thank you for making my job a little easier."?

webrunner

Sep 23, 2009
Some people seem to think the Pie quest is a parody of the old Westfall quests (which had you get disgusting animal parts to make various food items). It kind of makes sense- now they're explicitly sending you out to get 100% inedible things to make a food item that has no nutritional value, in the middle of a bustling pumpkin patch.

It has to be intentional.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Nile McMorrow said:
I wonder what Norman's horde equvialent is doing right now?
Running around in the northern Barrens killing countless quilboars because they stole our Kodo/Food/Wife
Maybe that's just me...

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
HankMan said:
Looks like this Mage has became...
*puts on sunglasses*
Dis-enchanted
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I award you the thread. And now I'm going to go cry in the corner until my brain stops hurting.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
These quest lines remind me of Far Cry 2. Your buddies will constantly ask you to wreck the last remaining infrastructure in the country for insanely petty reasons: "I got fired from a job at that water treatment plant. Blow it up for me!" Or maybe "Some guy at the village has been bad-mouthing me. I can't have that. Kill everyone in town."

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
Worgen said:
I was always confused when people told me that if I just read the quest descriptions then there is a really good plot to wow, even back in the day it was weird stuff that didnt make any sense, glad to see it still doesnt
What they meant was 'if you read this, this, and this quest that you get to by doing a bunch of stupid stuff, there is some emotional attachment and coherence that gets put in there!'

. . .that or they meant 'there is a really good plot to warcraft.'

. . .or they just were never exposed to really good plots.

:/

Fleaman

Nov 10, 2010
Hoping that Norman despairs and commits suicide, but gets raised as a Forsaken and decides to be evil, but despairs again over the stupid Silverpine quests. And maybe runs into his mum.

JoeCool385

May 10, 2010
Shamus said:
It cracks a smile now, but in 2015 this will be met with a shrug or an eyeroll.
In Cataclysm beta, druids had a talent in the feral tree named "Nom nom nom". It was changed to "Blood in the Water". At Blizzcon, someone asked why the reason for the change. The designer said that, while he loved it, they just thought it would become dated really quickly, and wouldn't be funny in a couple years.

So apparently, Blizzard agrees with you. Just, selectively.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
I had to stop halfway through because I need to forgot tow 2 reeda;asddosnkls/./xc/

Alkey42

Oct 15, 2009
I had assumed the CSI quest was there because of Fargo, a gamespy guy who was hired on by blizzard. He did a similar think in his machina comic, "Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth", execpt he called it PSI. Pween Scene Investigation

kotorfan04

Aug 7, 2009
I actually think that Mama Celeste quest is kind of awesome just because it reminds me of this Tostino's knock off pizza called like Mama Celeste or Madame Celeste, anyways the food is terrible and thanks to this quest I understand why.