Shamus Plays: WoW #14: Thinking Inside the Box

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Aww, you want to end it already? I was hoping to see Norman become a powerful (and evil) warlock by the end of this.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Chances are Norman will not go Rambo next week, as that takes a lot of questing to get to. He might get to it if he skips a whole bunch of stuff, but he hasn't so far.

Migratingchimp

Jun 7, 2010
Sounds like you're getting to the point where its taking longer to level than its worth. Can't wait to see what you do after this one.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Alright, this ought to be good.

Norman pissed,
Gobstab pleased,

Disaster anyone?

Btw, anyone know what level Norman should be around now?

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Awwwww it gonna end next week?
I want more of the adventures of Gobstab and that other guy...whats his name? Milton? Nancy? ehh whatever.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
My vote is he snaps, attempts to take on some high-level NPC Leader or something, and has his rear handed to him in 17 scorched pieces.

That or his mom shows up.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Oh god redridge. That place was pretty brutal as I remember from the few months I played WoW. Hope Norman doesn't end up dead.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Mommy won't be happy with Norman.
Or maybe he gets eaten by that big dragon thing. That would be funny.

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
I've really enjoyed this series, I don't actually want this to end, it's actually one of my highlights of this site.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
To everyone who's wondering what game is coming next, I don't think he's making another LP, at least not right away. He said he's going back to Stolen Pixels.

Gabriela D.

Dec 10, 2010
Honestly, I enjoyed this one much more than the LOTRO one. I'll be disappointed to see it end so quickly. Why, Shamus? WHY? LOTRO had 24 parts! 24!

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
I don't know, the whole "succumbing to the dark side" is really obvious. At least in the LotRO one, she started out not liking people. The only thing that gives me hope is that it's so obvious, it must be a trick, right?

Rickyvantof

May 6, 2009
This is all nice and stuff, but Stolen Pixels is so much better! When are you going to continue your Fallout NV adventure?

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Fearzone said:
I had two thoughts while reading this: hasn't Blizzard ripped off the Warhammer license enough? ... and shouldn't Norman have a voidwalker by now? I dunno I only played a warlock for the horde.
Maybe, but voidwalkers are not really talkative. When i wrote the stories about my undead Warlock he was also always accompanied by his lil Imp Tarkip. Its just way more fun to write about one of these. (but he had the greatest voidwalker the random namegenerator ever created "Graz'krit" ^^)

Jymm

Sep 18, 2010
Over at http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/ Shamus had this to say:

This is it, the penultimate episode.

My days in WoW are coming to a close. I need to reclaim that time and apply it elsewhere. I never did hit level 70, but I burned a lot of time leveling alts in various parts of the game. I did the worgen starting area a couple of times, and leveled some horde-side characters as well. It's shocking how much time I've sunk into this beast, and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. World of Warcraft is Disneyland: A vast majority of its visitors will miss a vast majority of its content.
It's been a wonderful ride so far and I can't wait to see what your next project will be! :)