Share some things that make you smile!

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
This was probably already posted but I just saw it and I laughed so goddamn hard.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
We finally went to see our magician friend Diamond Jim Tyler in an actually private performance this weekend. We'd only seen him do tricks at the bar, he's come to our house a few times, and we've been to his house a couple of times, on all occasions, he's done some befuddling parlor tricks, but none as befuddling as his last trick Friday. Early in the show, he took a volunteer on stage who had a $50 bill; she signed it and gave it to Jim. He proceeded to fold it numerous times, and it transformed into a $1 bill still with the woman's signature on it; she went back to her seat $49 poorer. At the end of the show, Jim produced a lemon that had been on stage in plain sight the entire time; he cut it in half, and inside was the $50 bill with the woman's signature on it. He then asked random people in the audience to give him a number between 0 and 9; eight of us were asked, my gf and I were the 7th and 8th. He typed all of our number into an iPhone calculator app, and once he had all eight numbers typed in, he asked the woman with the signed $50 bill to read the serial number on it... and it was exactly, in order, the numbers we'd called out. I've no idea what kind of witchcraft was at hand, but I can't for the life of me figure out any "trick" to have made that possible, i.e.: eight strangers randomly picking the exact serial number of a unique bill one number at a time. I've already accused Jim of Satanism, witchcraft and sorcery to his face; now I'm entirely convinced.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
It's interesting how often I'm working on a character or aspect of a story and something symbolic, or ironic, or just interesting ends up falling into my lap without me trying for it. Like I was trying to figure out what kind of coffee a character would drink. Initially I was thinking he'd drink a strong coffee but after a few initial attempts to look up strong coffee, I gave up because my results were all brands when I wanted blends so I just looked up popular coffee in different countries, randomly started with Russia, and got the Raf Coffee which sounded like something my character would like. The ironic thing is it's called the Raf Coffee or Raf because of the person who requested it, Rafeal, and the character who's going to be drinking this coffee is a demon.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
We finally went to see our magician friend Diamond Jim Tyler in an actually private performance this weekend. We'd only seen him do tricks at the bar, he's come to our house a few times, and we've been to his house a couple of times, on all occasions, he's done some befuddling parlor tricks, but none as befuddling as his last trick Friday. Early in the show, he took a volunteer on stage who had a $50 bill; she signed it and gave it to Jim. He proceeded to fold it numerous times, and it transformed into a $1 bill still with the woman's signature on it; she went back to her seat $49 poorer. At the end of the show, Jim produced a lemon that had been on stage in plain sight the entire time; he cut it in half, and inside was the $50 bill with the woman's signature on it. He then asked random people in the audience to give him a number between 0 and 9; eight of us were asked, my gf and I were the 7th and 8th. He typed all of our number into an iPhone calculator app, and once he had all eight numbers typed in, he asked the woman with the signed $50 bill to read the serial number on it... and it was exactly, in order, the numbers we'd called out. I've no idea what kind of witchcraft was at hand, but I can't for the life of me figure out any "trick" to have made that possible, i.e.: eight strangers randomly picking the exact serial number of a unique bill one number at a time. I've already accused Jim of Satanism, witchcraft and sorcery to his face; now I'm entirely convinced.
That's a good trick. Sounds like the showmanship was on point. I love illusionists
The woman was a plant

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The woman was a plant
That's what a lot of people suspected, but even if she was a plant, he asked 8 different people in the audience, including myself and my girlfriend who were NOT plants, for a random number between 0 and 9; we each gave a number and somehow our picks, in order, were the serial number on the $50 bill. Can't explain that save for calling it sorcery.

Reactions: gorfias

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
That's what a lot of people suspected, but even if she was a plant, he asked 8 different people in the audience, including myself and my girlfriend who were NOT plants, for a random number between 0 and 9; we each gave a number and somehow our picks, in order, were the serial number on the $50 bill. Can't explain that save for calling it sorcery.
Did you see the serial number or did she just read it?