Share some things that make you smile!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
That scene was one of the funniest moments in Fist of the Northstar. It reminds me of the scene from The Mystery of Batwoman movie.

My favorite scene in FotN, is the very beginning. When those punks are attacking the woman, and she summons what appears to be an earth elemental, who casually walks THROUGH a building, and casually backhands a skyscraper into collapsing. Then, when the dirt falls off of him and reveals a person, Genuis McFuckFace #1, takes one look at what just happened and thinks "Nah, I can TOTALLY take him with a dagger" and tries to fight him. *facepalm*

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My favorite scene in FotN, is the very beginning. When those punks are attacking the woman, and she summons what appears to be an earth elemental, who casually walks THROUGH a building, and casually backhands a skyscraper into collapsing. Then, when the dirt falls off of him and reveals a person, Genuis McFuckFace #1, takes one look at what just happened and thinks "Nah, I can TOTALLY take him with a dagger" and tries to fight him. *facepalm*
You mean this scene? The one from the Fist of the North Star 1986 animated movie. That scene was not in the TV show. Still an awesome scene though.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
You mean this scene? The one from the Fist of the North Star 1986 animated movie. That scene was not in the TV show. Still an awesome scene though.

Yes, that scene. Never watched the show, just that film. I mean, that's some S Rank Stupidity right there. But that batman goon clip reminded me of that, but the reverse.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Over the last year I've grown to greatly appreciate dumb, straight-faced, manly anime shit like this.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Over the last year I've grown to greatly appreciate dumb, straight-faced, manly anime shit like this.
You might want to check out 'Haven't you heard, I'm Sakamoto.'
It stars Bayonetta's son (unofficial but hes totally her kid) and with all the smoothness that implies.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The mouths only kinda move as they talk, I find it really distracting.
It's just part of the software they're using. It's Live 2D that's used on their phones. If you look at their eyes though you can see that it tracks those way better. There's clearly an economy of information they're able to translate as they've been giving a lot of the girls new 3D models for use that have trade offs.

(No you're not missing context, this is the "idol" that reviews shit posts on reddit and does live hair removal streams)

But you can see from this video that in exchange for greater representation of what her upper torso and head are doing and the ability to track expressions (They have to switch between "modes" to change their expressions in Live 2D), she loses out on eye movement and the lip-syncing gets slower.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It's just part of the software they're using. It's Live 2D that's used on their phones. If you look at their eyes though you can see that it tracks those way better. There's clearly an economy of information they're able to translate as they've been giving a lot of the girls new 3D models for use that have trade offs.

(No you're not missing context, this is the "idol" that reviews shit posts on reddit and does live hair removal streams)

But you can see from this video that in exchange for greater representation of what her upper torso and head are doing and the ability to track expressions (They have to switch between "modes" to change their expressions in Live 2D), she loses out on eye movement and the lip-syncing gets slower.
Yeah, I know whats causing it and the technological limitations of what they are doing but also how cool it is, it just annoys me so I'm not into watching it.

Maybe when it gets to this point.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
If you don't know of it already, but you might enjoy the webcomic Manly Guys, Doing Manly Things. It's simultaneously a love letter, and send up of that overly masculine, to the point of toxicity side to pop culture.