Share some things that make you smile!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I like that you don't even need to be a fan of pokemon, like me, never played a single game of it, and still find the images amusing.

There is something universal about "Tiny creature and giant creature being BFFs" that just melts hearts.
Totally. Although I'm not sure really knowing pokemon would give any context in either since the pokemon tend to not really have personalities... maybe in the anime they do but in the games they are kinda interchangeable.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Totally. Although I'm not sure really knowing pokemon would give any context in either since the pokemon tend to not really have personalities... maybe in the anime they do but in the games they are kinda interchangeable.
Really? Because Pikachu seems to have a lot of personality in the cartoon clips I've seen, I assumed they all were like that.

Regardless, there is a lot of implied behavior/personality in the design. Like the little one, I would assume it's got a very catlike personality, since it's modeled very much off a cat to me. And the dragon I would assume would be rough and tough acting, because you know...dragon :p

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Really? Because Pikachu seems to have a lot of personality in the cartoon clips I've seen, I assumed they all were like that.

Regardless, there is a lot of implied behavior/personality in the design. Like the little one, I would assume it's got a very catlike personality, since it's modeled very much off a cat to me. And the dragon I would assume would be rough and tough acting, because you know...dragon :p
I think you only get that in the anime. I don't really remember that much of a different personality in the games, but I also only played 3 of them. Pokemon Snap.. which did have different personalities so fuck me I guess. Pokemon diamond which didn't have any and pokemon platinum which also didn't seem to really have them.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Pretty sure they've actually figured out how they fly at this point. I know it's a favorite thing to go to for the whole "science doesn't know everything!" groups out there, to try and discredit knowledge and scientific advancement. But I seem to recall seeing some articles a few years ago saying they've figured it out
If they do fly, they can fly so, yeah. That this was ever a question I think points to the oddity of them.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
If they do fly, they can fly so, yeah. That this was ever a question I think points to the oddity of them.
The only question to it was how. The thing was that under the model of aerodynamics at the time, they couldn't figure it out. Which anti-intelligence/science people would use to try and discredit you know, the scientific method, by saying "see?! they don't think bee's can fly!! but clearly they can! we see it everyday!! science is so stupid! don't listen to them!" When the reality is more along the lines of "We can't figure it out, which is interesting, so we are studying them to figure it out." But that's not how it's reported. It's the same theme as how every news article is worded "Scientists BAFFLED! by X thing!!" Implying they're all just sitting there slack jawed, and dumbfounded. When the reality is more. "We don't know, which we find interesting, thus, investigation and testing."

Reactions: gorfias

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Probably a reference to these 2.
Quite possibly yes, just that was what I first thought of seeing it. Given they are both facing the camera, and the placement of them. It was very reminiscent of the meme I mentioned.
It's the eyes of Eevee that did it for me; they are very much in the style of Chuck Jones

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
It's the eyes of Eevee that did it for me; they are very much in the style of Chuck Jones
Yeah, like I said, I wouldn't doubt if that was the inspiration for the artist, as the bulldog+kitten is a classic from that era of cartoons. But for me personally, literally the first thought that popped in my head, with the shot of the charazard looming behind the little guy, who clearly looks all tough with his buddy behind him, was the kitten+german shepherd "Don't mess wif me, I haz backup!" meme.

I would try and find it and link it for reference, but I never have luck inserting still images in these forums. Not sure why, even when I use it's embed option and stuff, it tells me "Oops! There's a problem!" but doesn't tell me what it is.

Ok so just did a quick google search, and it's actually more like a wolf than a german shepherd (joys of trying to remember a random image from over a decade ago). But if you google "wolf + kitten picture I has backup" you'll see the specific picture that popped in my head.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Ok so just did a quick google search, and it's actually more like a wolf than a german shepherd (joys of trying to remember a random image from over a decade ago). But if you google "wolf + kitten picture I has backup" you'll see the specific picture that popped in my head.
1606253796884.png
That's a bingo. (Also, that "Oops there was a problem message usually indicates hitting the post character limit)

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
(Also, that "Oops there was a problem message usually indicates hitting the post character limit)
Speaking of...

I've been trying to find a match to the cartoon for that first image and haven't been having too much luck, but it is that cartoon being referenced for sure by looking at the others;

1606254172378.png

209.gif

Reactions: gorfias

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
View attachment 1709
That's a bingo. (Also, that "Oops there was a problem message usually indicates hitting the post character limit)
Yep that's the one, and regarding the oops, not it's not a character limit, as it's usually due to some image I'm trying to add. For example my post will be identical in word count, but a picture (like the one you added), makes it go oops, then I remove it, and the post is fine. It also does this if I quote someone that used a smiley that actually puts up the little image, and then hit post, as it doesnt' like it's own code for it's own smilies, within quotes apparently.

But yes, that's what I imagined in that first picture.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Yep that's the one, and regarding the oops, not it's not a character limit, as it's usually due to some image I'm trying to add. For example my post will be identical in word count, but a picture (like the one you added), makes it go oops, then I remove it, and the post is fine. It also does this if I quote someone that used a smiley that actually puts up the little image, and then hit post, as it doesnt' like it's own code for it's own smilies, within quotes apparently.
It is the post character limit; it is incredibly esoteric with what does/doesn't affect the count and to what extent. Smilies/pictures tend to fill it up quickest. It is extremely obnoxious (especially without any sort of indication for how close your post is to said limit.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
It is the post character limit; it is incredibly esoteric with what does/doesn't affect the count and to what extent. Smilies/pictures tend to fill it up quickest. It is extremely obnoxious (especially without any sort of indication for how close your post is to said limit.
Makes no sense given how often my post won't be anywhere near a long one, like maybe a dozen or so lines, and then a single :D when quoted from another person's post, makes it throw up it's hands and be like 'NO SIR!! THAT SHALL NOT PASS!!" but then I just delete it, and type in the characters themselves that will turn into the :D and it's fine.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler