Share some things that make you smile!

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
While I and most others don't give a toss about the royal family here, it is always a pleasure to see official royal experts using the rope they were given to out their typical biases by some well aimed trolling ☺

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Most of Pikamee's stuff amuses the hell out of me, but I like this. Her attempt at english is actually pretty good considering. Plus the "yaaaay!" at the end is fantastic.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
4. That one is great. That's a snarky comedian right there. It's also pretty on point. That slight off putting feel you have when things are just slightly off normal. Like timestamps for things that you expect a certain way, but are just slightly different. It can definitely jar you out of a since of normalcy.

7. I mean again, if the goal was humor, spot on. It's also very descriptive.

8,10,11. Yet more examples of what feels like genuine sass/humor writing.

I feel like I'm reading early drafts of people trying to peg the humor tone of writers like Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams. Who will make crude but hilariously worded jokes like that, to describe things. They need a LOT of work, obviously, but describing a ballerina pose like a dog at a hydrant...that's just great. It's simultaneously funny/mocking, but equally descriptive.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I feel like I'm reading early drafts of people trying to peg the humor tone of writers like Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams. Who will make crude but hilariously worded jokes like that, to describe things. They need a LOT of work, obviously, but describing a ballerina pose like a dog at a hydrant...that's just great. It's simultaneously funny/mocking, but equally descriptive.
Yeah, also getting that sort of vibe from some of those. I'm also imagining it in the voice of a British comedian like Stephen Fry or Rowan Atkinson, or maybe whoever did the narration for The Stanley Parable.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Yeah, also getting that sort of vibe from some of those. I'm also imagining it in the voice of a British comedian like Stephen Fry or Rowan Atkinson, or maybe whoever did the narration for The Stanley Parable.
Exactly yes. I think my favorite is the ballerina/dog comparison. It's just so spot on