Sharia (Islamic Law) in Great Britain

SystemWarrior

May 7, 2008
It is not as bad as the article implies. It applies only to civil law, not criminal law, so we're talking marriage, divorce, litigation and so on. Raping and abuse is not permitted. However, if two Muslims wish to resolve a civil matter between themselves, I say fair enough. It is their culture, and if they both agree to apply their own rules, fine.

FSAB

Sep 6, 2008
werepossum post=18.71605.733111 said:
FSAB, if you truly believe all cultures are equal then you are an idiot. Some Arab and African Muslim cultures still support the keeping of slaves. Are they truly equal to today's British culture? Additionally, some Muslim cultures support honor killings as not only justified but required, with the aggrieved parent receiving little or no jail time even if convicted. The majority aren't even prosecuted. Is the concept that a twelve-year old who has been raped should then be murdered by her parents to restore the family honor equal to today's British culture? Is the concept that a homosexual should be burned alive equal to today's British culture? I might accept the concept that, say, Turkish Islamic culture is equal but different to European/Western culture (to the extent that the latter is monolithic) as worthy of discussion, but I will never accept the concept that these radical Islamic cultures (e.g. Pushtu, Palestinian) are equal as even worthy of discussion; they clearly are not. They aren't even within spitting distance of European/Western culture.
I not going into how stupid this post is, I'm not trying to make a league table of cultures, I try to veiw each person as a person. Each with they own values, what you seem to want to do is to divide up the human human race into inferior or superior groupes, which leads to intorence and hatred.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil post=18.71605.733132 said:
Phoenix Arrow post=6.71605.733074 said:
Ixus Illwrath post=18.71605.733059 said:
I'm gonna assume Poles means Polish in this case... but what is a Fox?
Foxes are orange dog-like creatures with bushy tails and rabies. Look pretty cute though. And Poles are Polish people.
Ahem...very false. Hydrophobia/Rabies has never been active in England APART from animals brought in breaking the quarantine.
Yes, but the fox as an animal has been known to be a carrier of rabies. Just not in Britain.

FSAB

Sep 6, 2008
SystemWarrior post=18.71605.733133 said:
It is not as bad as the article implies. It applies only to civil law, not criminal law, so we're talking marriage, divorce, litigation and so on. Raping and abuse is not permitted. However, if two Muslims wish to resolve a civil matter between themselves, I say fair enough. It is their culture, and if they both agree to apply their own rules, fine.
I agree with system warrior.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
For those non-Brits not familiar with British papers, the Sun is sensationalist right-of-center tabloid featuring topless women, the Times is a well-respected slightly left of center (by US standards) paper considered to be probably the best in the world, and the Guardian is an ultra-far-left ankle-biting moonbat publication quoted mostly by communists, anarchists and children, and invariably featuring the most anti-British, anti-Western liberal viewpoints and "news" outside of communist China, North Korea, and Cuba.

Select your source accordingly.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
FSAB post=18.71605.733139 said:
FSAB, if you truly believe all cultures are equal then you are an idiot. Some Arab and African Muslim cultures still support the keeping of slaves. Are they truly equal to today's British culture? Additionally, some Muslim cultures support honor killings as not only justified but required, with the aggrieved parent receiving little or no jail time even if convicted. The majority aren't even prosecuted. Is the concept that a twelve-year old who has been raped should then be murdered by her parents to restore the family honor equal to today's British culture? Is the concept that a homosexual should be burned alive equal to today's British culture? I might accept the concept that, say, Turkish Islamic culture is equal but different to European/Western culture (to the extent that the latter is monolithic) as worthy of discussion, but I will never accept the concept that these radical Islamic cultures (e.g. Pushtu, Palestinian) are equal as even worthy of discussion; they clearly are not. They aren't even within spitting distance of European/Western culture.
I not going into how stupid this post is, I'm not trying to make a league table of cultures, I try to veiw each person as a person. Each with they own values, what you seem to want to do is to divide up the human human race into inferior or superior groupes, which leads to intorence and hatred.
Oddly enough, the article was referencing a new court system based on Sharia law - a court system whose verdicts are enforceable under British law. I suppose setting up a court system for each person as a person would be a bit difficult. Or just perhaps those who set up this court system aren't as sophisticated as you, since they are in fact setting up an alternate court system for Muslims as a group.

I suppose proper spelling and grammar are racist as well?

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
The country is going tits up. Laws exist as a form of protection, and the most logical way for them to have any effect is to make them apply to everyone regardless. So why the hell should laws and their systems change because someone else has different beliefs? I personally am sick of all this Islamic influence in my country, which does NOT make me racist, because Islam is a religion and not a race, so the politically correct can shut their mouths now.

FSAB

Sep 6, 2008
werepossum post=18.71605.733157 said:
the Guardian is an ultra-far-left ankle-biting moonbat publication quoted mostly by communists, anarchists and children, and invariably featuring the most anti-British, anti-Western liberal viewpoints and "news" outside of communist China, North Korea, and Cuba.

Better than something that has statements along the lines of
but I will never accept the concept that these radical Islamic cultures (e.g. Pushtu, Palestinian) are equal as even worthy of discussion; they clearly are not. They aren't even within spitting distance of European/Western culture.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
FSAB post=18.71605.733189 said:
the Guardian is an ultra-far-left ankle-biting moonbat publication quoted mostly by communists, anarchists and children, and invariably featuring the most anti-British, anti-Western liberal viewpoints and "news" outside of communist China, North Korea, and Cuba.

Better than something that has statements along the lines of
but I will never accept the concept that these radical Islamic cultures (e.g. Pushtu, Palestinian) are equal as even worthy of discussion; they clearly are not. They aren't even within spitting distance of European/Western culture.
So now we have a clear choice. I say a culture that allows and encourages slavery, makes homosexuality punishable by death in gruesome forms, and/or requires or condones murdering your daughter if she is raped or is otherwise unchaste is evil, utterly without goodness, and not even worthy of comparison to any Western culture. FSAB says it's equally as good as any Western culture.

Let each make his/her own judgment. (For females on FSAB's side, let your owner make your choice.)

Capt_Jack_Doicy

Feb 20, 2008
werepossum post=18.71605.733174 said:
Oddly enough, the article was referencing a new court system based on Sharia law - a court system whose verdicts are enforceable under British law. I suppose setting up a court system for each person as a person would be a bit difficult. Or just perhaps those who set up this court system aren't as sophisticated as you, since they are in fact setting up an alternate court system for Muslims as a group.

I suppose proper spelling and grammar are racist as well?
Its not a court system, the only religion that has its own court system in the UK is the state religion, had i don't think a case has been tried in its courts for at least 50 years. Its ABRITRATION if you and i had a dispute and we both agreed that a solicitor should use the Jedi code to settle the dispute it doesn't mean the government has recognised and setup a seperate court system for jedis does it?

proper spelling and grammar isn't racism, however it is cultural imperialism, who defines whats "proper"?

Feb 13, 2008
Phoenix Arrow post=18.71605.733143 said:
Phoenix Arrow post=6.71605.733074 said:
Ixus Illwrath post=18.71605.733059 said:
I'm gonna assume Poles means Polish in this case... but what is a Fox?
Foxes are orange dog-like creatures with bushy tails and rabies. Look pretty cute though. And Poles are Polish people.
Ahem...very false. Hydrophobia/Rabies has never been active in England APART from animals brought in breaking the quarantine.
Yes, but the fox as an animal has been known to be a carrier of rabies. Just not in Britain.
So has the hedgehog...

And our British Foxes are all fighting fit. Or they have been since the bloody hunts stopped.

Capt_Jack_Doicy

Feb 20, 2008
For those non-Brits not familiar with British papers, the Sun is sensationalist right-of-center tabloid featuring topless women, the Times is a well-respected slightly left of center (by US standards) paper considered to be probably the best in the world, and the Guardian is an ultra-far-left ankle-biting moonbat publication quoted mostly by communists, anarchists and children, and invariably featuring the most anti-British, anti-Western liberal viewpoints and "news" outside of communist China, North Korea, and Cuba.

somewhat bias there
The Guardian is a balance left of centre paper, the times is right of centre and but lags behind the Guardian and Independent in terms of Journalism, but to americans here's all you need to know the times is owned by the same guy that owns fox news

Capt_Jack_Doicy

Feb 20, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil post=18.71605.733114 said:
Given Sharia Law is considerably more flaky than the Bible, I think this is a BAD idea.
no its not is no where near as the bible, muhammad at least left hard and fast rules.

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
Im pretty damn sure Islam does NOT approve of wife beating, physical or emotional.

P.S. : dont mention the bible as comparison, the bible says that women who get raped must marry the man who raped them.

Capt_Jack_Doicy

Feb 20, 2008
it was once active but was virtually eradicated in the last century. Bats still carry it, though only rarely.

Feb 13, 2008
Capt_Jack_Doicy post=18.71605.733259 said:
The_root_of_all_evil post=18.71605.733114 said:
Given Sharia Law is considerably more flaky than the Bible, I think this is a BAD idea.
no its not is no where near as the bible, muhammad at least left hard and fast rules.
Oh I've no problem with Muhammed(PBUH), I've a problem with the Clerics of Muhammed who have already convinced Islam that Muhammed has told them never to drink (which they do) and never to eat pork(which they do).

Muhammed told his troops not to eat pork after they suffered a humiliating defeat because they were sick after eating pork that had been out in the sun for days. (Given that Pork is a fatty meat, it's hardly surprising) It only applies to badly kept pork.
However, despite the Bible prohibiting 'cloven hoof' animals, Christians can still eat any meat they wish.

Capt_Jack_Doicy

Feb 20, 2008
FSAB, if you truly believe all cultures are equal then you are an idiot. Some Arab and African Muslim cultures still support the keeping of slaves.
which ones? where? is it like the sex slaves in the UK or is just your general ignorance talking?

Are they truly equal to today's British culture?
you british culture whos favourite food is curry? that british culture?

Additionally, some Muslim cultures support honor killings as not only justified but required, with the aggrieved parent receiving little or no jail time even if convicted. The majority aren't even prosecuted.
tell me how much jail time have the McGanns recieved, oh thats right they weren't even proscuted.

Is the concept that a twelve-year old who has been raped should then be murdered by her parents to restore the family honor equal to today's British culture?
You mean the british culture that tortures and murders Iraqis? bombs families? or the part of the culture that brutally surpressed an entire people because of their religion?

Is the concept that a homosexual should be burned alive equal to today's British culture?
Is that the culture who's state church has been bitterly divided over homosexuality for the past few years or the one where a young is stabbed to death for being a goth?

I might accept the concept that, say, Turkish Islamic culture is equal but different to European/Western culture (to the extent that the latter is monolithic) as worthy of discussion,
how gracious of you, but is as long as these lesser people know there proper place? not like those upstart Chinese and Indians disgraceful.

what exactly have the Pushtu or Palestinians done to irk you so? especially when you compare it to western/european culture when with a history so bloody that it predliction for murder required the creating of a new word Genocide.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
Capt_Jack_Doicy post=18.71605.733283 said:
Various drivel.
Much as I'd like to debate the merits of whether being "bitterly divided over homosexuality" is morally equal to burning them alive, I'm trying to give up arguing with idiots. This effectively prohibits me from discussing these issues with you.

Sorry.

Ixus Illwrath

Feb 9, 2008
Capt_Jack_Doicy post=18.71605.733283 said:
FSAB, if you truly believe all cultures are equal then you are an idiot. Some Arab and African Muslim cultures still support the keeping of slaves.
which ones? where? is it like the sex slaves in the UK or is just your general ignorance talking?

Are they truly equal to today's British culture?
you british culture whos favourite food is curry? that british culture?

Additionally, some Muslim cultures support honor killings as not only justified but required, with the aggrieved parent receiving little or no jail time even if convicted. The majority aren't even prosecuted.
tell me how much jail time have the McGanns recieved, oh thats right they weren't even proscuted.

Is the concept that a twelve-year old who has been raped should then be murdered by her parents to restore the family honor equal to today's British culture?
You mean the british culture that tortures and murders Iraqis? bombs families? or the part of the culture that brutally surpressed an entire people because of their religion?

Is the concept that a homosexual should be burned alive equal to today's British culture?
Is that the culture who's state church has been bitterly divided over homosexuality for the past few years or the one where a young is stabbed to death for being a goth?

I might accept the concept that, say, Turkish Islamic culture is equal but different to European/Western culture (to the extent that the latter is monolithic) as worthy of discussion,
how gracious of you, but is as long as these lesser people know there proper place? not like those upstart Chinese and Indians disgraceful.

what exactly have the Pushtu or Palestinians done to irk you so? especially when you compare it to western/european culture when with a history so bloody that it predliction for murder required the creating of a new word Genocide.
There's no way of explaining how poor each counterpoint in that was.

Edit: gratz on your 1000th post possum :)

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
Ixus Illwrath post=18.71605.733308 said:
SNIP
There's no way of explaining how poor each counterpoint in that was.

Edit: gratz on your 1000th post possum :)
Why thank you. I don't actually look at my post counts, so if you hadn't brought that to my attention I wouldn't have known it.