Sharia (Islamic Law) in Great Britain

TheDean

Sep 12, 2008
i'm really in a rush so i can't read all of this thread, but if you are interested in this topoic, there is a podcast called Pat condell#s Godless comedy it' also a videoseries) where he tlaks alot about islamic laws in GB and such. Plus they're really short!

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Capt_Jack_Doicy post=18.71605.733283 said:
werepossum post=18.71605.733111 said:
FSAB, if you truly believe all cultures are equal then you are an idiot. Some Arab and African Muslim cultures still support the keeping of slaves.
which ones? where? is it like the sex slaves in the UK or is just your general ignorance talking?
You seem to be missing the point of his post there. You acted there as if Britain heartily condoned slavery. The point he was trying to make was that in the UK, slavery of any form is illegal, whereas in some countries, it is still allowed.

Did you know that, or was that just your general ignorance talking?

Are they truly equal to today's British culture?
you british culture whos favourite food is curry? that british culture? [sup][Citation Needed][/sup]
So, a country with citizens that, on occasion, eats food from another country is somehow traitorous to its own culture? And anyway, I find your lack of source disturbing.

Additionally, some Muslim cultures support honor killings as not only justified but required, with the aggrieved parent receiving little or no jail time even if convicted. The majority aren't even prosecuted.
tell me how much jail time have the McGanns recieved, oh thats right they weren't even proscuted.
Well, it would be nice if you could spell their names right. All evidence suggesting that the McCanns killed their daughter has been shown to be false or mistaken - for example, there was no "smell of death" in the car, as the media widely reported. And even if they did kill her, that hardly qualifies as an honour killing and if there was any evidence backed up by fact that suggested that they had killed her, they would be prosecuted.

Is the concept that a twelve-year old who has been raped should then be murdered by her parents to restore the family honor equal to today's British culture?
You mean the british culture that tortures and murders Iraqis? bombs families? or the part of the culture that brutally surpressed an entire people because of their religion?
Would now be a bad time to mention Guantanamo Bay? Or the fact that America abandoned slavery decades after Britain? Or the fact that American Marines have not only tortured and killed innocent Iraqis, but have even thrown a puppy off a cliff, and posted the video on YouTube. [http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/throwpuppy.asp] Tell me if now would be a bad time to mention any of those things.

Is the concept that a homosexual should be burned alive equal to today's British culture?
Is that the culture who's state church has been bitterly divided over homosexuality for the past few years or the one where a young is stabbed to death for being a goth?
Again, tell me if now would be a bad time to mention that gang crime is a problem in America, too. Or that surveys have shown that gays feel more and more persecuted in the US than at any time in the last 12 years. Anyway, any church is divided over the issue of homosexuality. It's not just the CoE, and I can't name a time in the last...ooh, three hundred years, that a UK Prime Minister has advocated the killing of gays.

I might accept the concept that, say, Turkish Islamic culture is equal but different to European/Western culture (to the extent that the latter is monolithic) as worthy of discussion,
how gracious of you, but is as long as these lesser people know there proper place? not like those upstart Chinese and Indians disgraceful.
Putting words into people's mouths: it is never a good substitute for an argument. You are the only one calling them lesser people here, so base your arguments on what your opponent has said next time. Just a handy hint.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Johnn Johnston post=18.71605.733449 said:
even thrown a puppy off a cliff, and posted the video on YouTube. [http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/throwpuppy.asp]
The American armed forces have officially crossed the line.
Would've made most of the points you did but I wasn't in much of a rant mood.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Phoenix Arrow post=18.71605.733103 said:
I can sort of understand because they're made as a business. Their goal is to sell copies. If your front page is "Cat stuck up a tree - fire service called" then you're not going to be making major money. Although I would personally enjoy reading the account of that cat.
This is what the BBC is meant to be for. But isn't really anymore.
I'd prefer the tale of the cat too. In this day an age newspapers are a waste of print and effort. With everyone being online, news (from the actual source) is never more than 3 clicks away. Papers have become pretty useless so they "tempt us" with the latest exclusive scoop of some c-list celeb's holiday photos or sex scandal............bored!

The BBC? Pah! I don't pay any attention to those scaremongering bastards either!

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
dannydamage post=18.71605.733476 said:
In this day and age newspapers are a waste of print and effort. With everyone being online, news (from the actual source) is never more than 3 clicks away. Papers have become pretty useless so they "tempt us" with the latest exclusive scoop of some c-list celeb's holiday photos or sex scandal............bored!
That's why I abandoned the Daily Mail. It works better as a comic book than as a piece of serious journalism.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Johnn Johnston post=18.71605.733483 said:
dannydamage post=18.71605.733476 said:
In this day and age newspapers are a waste of print and effort. With everyone being online, news (from the actual source) is never more than 3 clicks away. Papers have become pretty useless so they "tempt us" with the latest exclusive scoop of some c-list celeb's holiday photos or sex scandal............bored!
That's why I abandoned the Daily Mail. It works better as a comic book than as a piece of serious journalism.
I think it's depressing when I think the most reliable new outlet in the UK these days is Channel 4 news... it's like they know the people who have it on don't really care and just want Hollyoaks to come on. Results in you getting the straight story with just the necessary details.

LOOY

Apr 14, 2008
Just change the law? I mean the Law saying that they can be tried by Sharia law in England if they both agree.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
Reasoned rebuttal
Just one quick clarification: I'm a Yank. I believe Doicy is a Brit, since he referred to needing "council housing" which is not a term found in the States, at least in my experience. Since he's attacking British culture from the inside, aspersions cast at America won't deter him.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Would now be a bad time to mention Guantanamo Bay? Or the fact that America abandoned slavery decades after Britain? Or the fact that American Marines have not only tortured and killed innocent Iraqis, but have even thrown a puppy off a cliff, and posted the video on YouTube. [http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/throwpuppy.asp] Tell me if now would be a bad time to mention any of those things.
You really fail to see the problem with what you are saying. Except for slavery, everything you mentioned is tied to the military arm of the US. We aren't talking about what amped up 20-year olds with machine guns and 2 hours of sleep do. We are talking about the laws of a country as applied to its citizens. Maybe a few of the folks in Guantanamo Bay have fallen through the cracks, but that's a far cry from legalized domestic battery and honor killings.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Johnn Johnston post=18.71605.733483 said:
Good point, look at the Sun. They seem more like a semi-nude smut & sport pusher. But I'm sure there are other 'newspapers' that have more smut and more sport than The Sun. So it's just a diluted version of shite journalism.

Phoenix Arrow post=18.71605.733500 said:
I think it's depressing when I think the most reliable new outlet in the UK these days is Channel 4 news... it's like they know the people who have it on don't really care and just want Hollyoaks to come on. Results in you getting the straight story with just the necessary details.
Hahahaha! "Come on news, hurry up and finish......bring us Hollyoaks........yes the news has finished......OH SHIT THE WEATHER'S ON FIRST!" *cries*

The news readers on Channel 4 know just how smug to be. They know how important they're supposed to be and just looking at them for a minute makes me die a little inside.

Alex_P

All I really do is threadcrap
Mar 27, 2008
werepossum post=18.71605.733174 said:
I suppose proper spelling and grammar are racist as well?
I think they can be, in a narrow set of circumstances. We're welcome to have that (short) discussion elsewhere if you're interested. ;)

-- Alex

Capt_Jack_Doicy

Feb 20, 2008
werepossum post=18.71605.733306 said:
Arguments i'm incapable of countering.
Much as I'd like to debate the merits of whether being "bitterly divided over homosexuality" is morally equal to burning them alive, I'm trying to give up arguing with idiots. This effectively prohibits me from discussing these issues with you.

Sorry.
oh thats just because of your habit to lie, and be moronic. That be the same church where priest you know those loving christians called for far worse. but then where have they been Burnt alive you know like the english use to do to heretics, protestants and witches? any place or are you just pulling crap out of arse?

Capt_Jack_Doicy

Feb 20, 2008
FSAB, if you truly believe all cultures are equal then you are an idiot. Some Arab and African Muslim cultures still support the keeping of slaves.
which ones? where? is it like the sex slaves in the UK or is just your general ignorance talking?
You seem to be missing the point of his post there. You acted there as if Britain heartily condoned slavery. The point he was trying to make was that in the UK, slavery of any form is illegal, whereas in some countries, it is still allowed.

Did you know that, or was that just your general ignorance talking?
ok name a country that has slavery? or are you a communist and believe in a capitalist society the worker is reduced to a slave?

Are they truly equal to today's British culture?
you british culture whos favourite food is curry? that british culture? [sup][Citation Needed][/sup]
So, a country with citizens that, on occasion, eats food from another country is somehow traitorous to its own culture? And anyway, I find your lack of source disturbing.
well you could try wikipedia, but then that would require the some academic ability, so how about this fun story, liking curry is a requirement of the british army http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article2195540.ece
i find your lack of intelligence disturbing but your no doubt prove the lack of your deductive ability later.

Additionally, some Muslim cultures support honor killings as not only justified but required, with the aggrieved parent receiving little or no jail time even if convicted. The majority aren't even prosecuted.
tell me how much jail time have the McGanns recieved, oh thats right they weren't even proscuted.
Well, it would be nice if you could spell their names right. All evidence suggesting that the McCanns killed their daughter has been shown to be false or mistaken - for example, there was no "smell of death" in the car, as the media widely reported. And even if they did kill her, that hardly qualifies as an honour killing and if there was any evidence backed up by fact that suggested that they had killed her, they would be prosecuted.
No there wasn't the smell of death there was the poor girl's blood, But regardless isn't leaving your child while you go off to get drunk a crime anymore?

Is the concept that a twelve-year old who has been raped should then be murdered by her parents to restore the family honor equal to today's British culture?
You mean the british culture that tortures and murders Iraqis? bombs families? or the part of the culture that brutally surpressed an entire people because of their religion?
No you can mention if you like, I assume your attack werepossum and his defence of western culture, Because it can't be aimed at me? you can't be so lacking of reasoning ability to think i'm american? can you?

[
Is the concept that a homosexual should be burned alive equal to today's British culture?
Is that the culture who's state church has been bitterly divided over homosexuality for the past few years or the one where a young is stabbed to death for being a goth?
Again, tell me if now would be a bad time to mention that gang crime is a problem in America, too. Or that surveys have shown that gays feel more and more persecuted in the US than at any time in the last 12 years. Anyway, any church is divided over the issue of homosexuality. It's not just the CoE, and I can't name a time in the last...ooh, three hundred years, that a UK Prime Minister has advocated the killing of gays.
wow its like i don't even need to try, you forgot the homophobic murders and the fact that in the UK 1 in 5 homosexuals have been the victims of hate crimes.

[
I might accept the concept that, say, Turkish Islamic culture is equal but different to European/Western culture (to the extent that the latter is monolithic) as worthy of discussion,
how gracious of you, but is as long as these lesser people know there proper place? not like those upstart Chinese and Indians disgraceful.
Putting words into people's mouths: it is never a good substitute for an argument. You are the only one calling them lesser people here, so base your arguments on what your opponent has said next time. Just a handy hint.
well if your looking for handy hints try countering argument rather than reinforcing them.

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
Alex_P post=18.71605.733825 said:
werepossum post=18.71605.733174 said:
I suppose proper spelling and grammar are racist as well?
I think they can be, in a narrow set of circumstances. We're welcome to have that (short) discussion elsewhere if you're interested. ;)

-- Alex
Ugh, no thanks! I'd rather not hear about yet another way I can be racist. LOL

Mistah Kurtz

Jul 6, 2008
FSAB post=326.71605.732817 said:
Wow check out all the border line racism on this thread. Yes it is racist to claim someones culture is wrong and your cultrue is supeior to theirs. I do belive thats the defention of racism, as race also includes that perosns cultrual belifes.

As far as I understand it this only works if both partys agree to it, the woman can still use common law if she wants to.

I'm pretty sure these types of scarmongering and thinly vailed racsit remarks were around in germany in the 1930s but leveled against another minority, the Jews, and look what happend there.
Uh, no, race has nothing to do with someone's cultural beliefs. Are you going to tell me that ireland has the same culture as spain because they're both white countries? Stop crying racism when it's not there man.

Edit: And for all you people denouncing those of us who believe western culture is superior to Islamic culture, try looking at things objectively. We're talking about a country which puts young children in the army and places AK-47's in their hands, condones spousal abuse, turns a blind eye to rape, practically ever other fucking thing you can do to a woman is legally allowed there, their governments are based completely on an old fucked up violent religion, I could go on and on. To say western culture doesn't have it's problems would be a lie, but to say that it's not at least better than those shitholes? Why don't you stop worrying about being called a racist and just admit that their culture is clearly inferior and we want no part of their barbaric bullshit in our boarders.

DOUBLE DOUBLE SUPER CAN'T MAKE UP MY FUCKING MIND EDIT: I just noticed your nazi reference, and according to the laws of the internet you have automatically lost the argument. I seem to have wasted my time...

Ixus Illwrath

Feb 9, 2008
Mistah Kurtz post=18.71605.734297 said:
FSAB post=326.71605.732817 said:
Wow check out all the border line racism on this thread. Yes it is racist to claim someones culture is wrong and your cultrue is supeior to theirs. I do belive thats the defention of racism, as race also includes that perosns cultrual belifes.

As far as I understand it this only works if both partys agree to it, the woman can still use common law if she wants to.

I'm pretty sure these types of scarmongering and thinly vailed racsit remarks were around in germany in the 1930s but leveled against another minority, the Jews, and look what happend there.
Uh, no, race has nothing to do with someone's cultural beliefs. Are you going to tell me that ireland has the same culture as spain because they're both white countries? Stop crying racism when it's not there man.

Edit: And for all you people denouncing those of us who believe western culture is superior to Islamic culture, try looking at things objectively. We're talking about a country which puts young children in the army and places AK-47's in their hands, condones spousal abuse, turns a blind eye to rape, practically ever other fucking thing you can do to a woman is legally allowed there, their governments are based completely on an old fucked up violent religion, I could go on and on. To say western culture doesn't have it's problems would be a lie, but to say that it's not at least better than those shitholes? Why don't you stop worrying about being called a racist and just admit that their culture is clearly inferior and we want no part of their barbaric bullshit in our boarders.
Good god, Kurtz, that 3 day ban knocked some damn sense into you :)

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Capt_Jack_Doicy post=18.71605.734031 said:
I'd dearly like to destroy each of your arguments but I think only one is needed to crush all: That you are allowed to have a dissenting view without someone considering killing you, and without the greater culture condoning such a deed and actually influential religious leaders sanctioning it - in short, that you are still alive - proves there is a great rift between how the West handles dissent and how Islam has. If there is only one value that sets the West above Islamic cultures as they are today it's the ability to accept dissenting views; this doesn't mean agreeing and complying with them, though - a key point. If you don't believe me, make a movie [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)] criticising Islam, or write a book [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses_controversy] about Mohammed, and we'll see how long before a fatwa [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa] decrees your death.