Shiny Legendary Pokemon

pavaoc0p

Aug 21, 2010
In Pokemon Crystal I was trying to get a heracross by headbutting trees. I was headbutting for about 5 hours and not a single heracross appeared, instead a shiny spearow showed up. So I guess it was worth it.

AwesomeWunderbar

Jul 31, 2012
I have every shiny legendary. But then again, I cheated. So I don't think it counts...

Good luck though! ^_^ I'm sure the feels are different when you work to get'em.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Well this is a story all about how I got my first Shiny Pokemon that wasn't from the Lake of Rage.
You see I was playing Pokemon Soul Silver. I was at the top of Bell Tower, and I just saved and was going to go and fight Ho-Oh. I got into the first fight and killed him accidentally (Critical Hit or something). So I reloaded and tried again. I kept killing him or he kept killing himself like 8 times. On the 9th or so try, when I entered the battle, he was a Shiny! I showed my brother it, then I threw my Master Ball at it. I was not letting it get away. That is how I got my first Shiny Pokemon, who also happened to be a Legendary.

Lur-King

Sep 22, 2012
My encounter was with a Shiny Beldum, and after catching it I was afraid to evolve it as I was unsure if the shiny-aspect would carry over or be written over. So I literally had a level 50(ish) Beldum before I threw my cares to the wind and let it evolve.

My nerves were satisfied after that.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I found a shiny one time. My anger reached new heights that day. Why of all things would the world give me a shiny Lotad? I hate that whole line of pokemon.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
No shiny legends, but I do have shiny: Onix, Geodude, Hariyama, Dodou, and Weavile.

Also, my friend caught his first shiny, a Machoke, at my Birthday last month. We evolved it to a Machamp. Good times were had.

Also, keep it up! Shiny Rayquaza is a hell of a prize, and looks awesome.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
Action Replay device ~ 5min for everything.

Yes they can still be used online, no I don't care.
I don't even play the game anymore. Too many 'collectors' always bugging others for random crap or getting hatemail over the whole thing.

The shiny mew is legit and is my replacement for the digipet. Everything else isn't worth messing with in my opinion.

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
I've got 2 of 'em actually, shiny mewtwo and shiny latias.
Didn't actually catch them myself, a relative of a friend of mine cheated them years ago.

On the other hand, I did find a shiny Starly once, it so awesome with it's slight brown tint..

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I've caught a few shiny Pokemon during my Pokemon journeys (not including the Red Gyrados):

Pokemon Silver: Shiny Golbat & Shiny Flaafy
Pokemon Crystal: Shiny Graveler
Pokemon Ruby: Shiny Tailow, Shiny Aron, & Shiny Electrike
Pokemon Emerald: Shiny Lotad
Pokemon Pearl: Shiny Burmy (I actually got this by resetting at a Honey Tree, hoping to get a high-level Burny and instead I caught this!)

Apr 28, 2008
In all my years of playing, I only came across one shiny. A shiny Pidove while dicking around in Pokemon White.

Damn-near crapped my pants when I saw it, threw out Weavil and used false swipe, caught it, then proceeded to dance.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nope, never with Legendary but I did caught not one but TWO shiny Tentacool's! No it wasn't one after the other. I also could of caught a shiny Slugma too but that stupid AI I was partner with was killed before I can capture it...

Doogan

Apr 2, 2012
The only Shiney I ever managed to get was the Mightiest Pokemon of them all.......GYARADOS!

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'd never bother with shiny legendaries, because I'd want them to show to my friends, but the only way I'd show them to my friends is through competitive battling, and I'm not going to use a bad natured pokemon in competitve, no matter what color it is. If you want a shiny thats the right nature without using the matsuda method, then you're gonna have to soft reset an awful lot of times. Or use a synchronize pokemon.
I've encountered a lot of shinies in my time. The most recent was a shiny litwick I found while EV training.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I got one when i was playing the game for my younger brother. I didnt even know i caught a shiny till he freaked out about it the next time he played it. No idea what one it was. It was a snake of some sort...steellix maybe.

leaderproxima

Mar 1, 2012
Just a little while ago on my 7th playthrough of Pokémon White I decided to try and capture Landorus (or Randorosu for you Japanese Escapers). After about 6 failed attempts at trying to capture it (I either ran out of Pokéballs or it killed itself through struggle) I thought about giving up and trying again another day. As i was going to walk away my friend said "give it another go" So i did. And what would you know it was a shiny Landorus... I was gobsmacked, I HAD to catch it. 37 minutes past in this super battle of the giants before i finally caught it in my second to last Pokéball which was a timer ball. Because it took so much effort to capture I nicknamed it 'Motherfuck'

The only Shiny legendary I have ever seen, let alone caught.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Not counting the Red Gyarados at Lake of Rage, I got a shiny Pidgey in Silver and a shiny Dotrio in Crystal. Nothing since then.

Shiny legendaries though, most of them I don't care for.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Caught shiny zubat in Ruby and Soul Silver. It's pretty neat to be honest, though Shiny Crobat is unappealing, and at least my SS one has a neutral nature so it's competitively usable at least.
Um... idk what else, no legendaries sadly.