Shiny Legendary Pokemon

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
the new ultimate challenge: find and collect all pokémon, in shiny format.
LEGITIMATELY.
and THEN. make all the shiny pokémon you spent years collecting.
and train them all to lvl 100.
WITHOUT USING RARE CANDY.

If one ever succeeds. he wins pokémon. forever.
Alas, I fear it'll take literal ages.
All I ever got was a shiny gyarados. which doesn't count.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I have never encountered a shiny Pokemon naturally. The only time was that scripted Gyarados fight. And since this was back in Gold, a water Pokemon who's main stat was Attack was as useful as a wart that talks, I killed instead of catching.

Did I say killed, I meant to say knocked out, yes.

Since then, I've played through Crystal three times, Ruby twice, Sapphire once, Emerald four times (with a massive catching/breeding stint), Fire Red once and Diamond once. Not ever have I seen a natural shiny.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
If you really want one, but don't want to go through the pain of catching one, there's always Pokecheck [http://www.pokecheck.org/].

It's what I used to get all my shiny legendaries, because I'm not going to be arsed to try and reset several thousand times over to try and get one.

Joshua Carriker

Nov 8, 2014
The first shiny Pokemon I caught was a Graveler in my friend's Pearl game. I had no idea what a shiny Pokemon was but I caught it. Then I caught a shiny Weedle in SS (FML) and eventually evolved it and traded it up to White to trade for a shiny Klink. Next I caught a shiny Lotad in White, and I don't think I found an unscripted shiny in White 2. In X, I caught a legitimate shiny Gyarados before Pokemon Bank came out, and a shiny Poliwhirl within a day of each other, and I evolved that into Politoed. Then I chained until I got a shiny Zoroark, and randomly found a shiny Tangela on the same day as shiny Z. Then I lost my X save data and had to start from ground zero. After that I was looking for shiny Poliwhirl again and found 2 shiny Basculin both blue form in the same morning. No shiny legendaries yet, but I've been looking for shiny Rayquaza in SS for maybe a year and a half off and on now?

NinjaSniperAssassin

Sep 19, 2012
Shiny Articuno in FireRed. Walked up to fight it a second time after accidentally making it faint the first time, and there it was. I didn't have a Master Ball either. That was the most nerve-wracking fight I've ever had in a Pokemon game.

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
I got a shiny Gastly in Diamond, which became less impressive after the recent shiny Gengar distribution.