Stillve

Sep 19, 2009
Once in a galaxy far far away...
I caught a shiny pidgey.
It was a good pidgey.

But I didn't flip out about it, lol.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
I was like this as a kid with yu-gi-oh cards. Wow I was such a freak...
Incidentally, I don't know how anyone over 15 can get this excited over an alt-color pokemon. But that's just me after serious TCG reehab.

Also: it's much faster to get shinys(in gold at least) by cloning eggs and letting them hatch. Not by much, but it lets you play the game for a while instead of praying over the same patch of grass for months. I used a male Ditto, dunno if it made a diff. Save before the egg hatches, and there is a chance it might hatch as a shiny if you reset and try again.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
You know all those negative gamer stereotypes you hear about and probably hate?

Yeah, well... turns out that where there's smoke, there's a fire.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I got a shiny Koffing on FireRed a while ago, but I wasn't all that excited by it.
I was pretty happy for a while, but then I remembered poison types are pretty useless.

However, he does now sit in his own box in the PC. Might not have got excited, but I'm bloody well proud.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
zombie711 said:
OMG the mood is only good for ribbons in diamond and pearl
Actually their nature has a sway on stats too. Certain natures boost certain stats and hinder others.

I got pretty excited about my Shiny Eevee with IVs no lower than 21. Not THAT excited though o_O

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
minarri said:
I can't understand why he got so happy before he even caught it. I would only cheer after I caught the blighter.

I bet the thing's IV's were awful too LOL.
Shinies generally have very high IVs.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Well, that is kinda cool since its like... a 1 in 8000 something chance. i htink its 8100+ and thats EACH time you battle a new pokemon. so, for example, if you it was a 1 in ten odds, and you battled 8 ponyta, the 9 ponyta wouldnt be a 1 in 2 odds, it would still be one in 10.

so yes, good for him, and congrats.

As for me, I got about that pumped when i hit TWO COUNT THEM TWO!!!!!!!!! shiny legendaries in the same game. PLUS a shiny starter and a shiny gible. So yeah, four shiny-s in one game, at once try, without soft resetting (saving and turning off your game,t hen turing it back on to get the right results) was impressive. and a god send.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
I can never be this excited about something, I just realized. Everything just doesn't matter in life because I don't center my life around one thing. Together its all important but just one thing won't make me ecstatic.

I'm glad this kid didn't lose his spirit yet, though when he's older it'll inevitably be lost.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
You guys!

OH MAN YOU GUYS! I just won the LOTTERY!

... by buying every single ticket...

... over and over again.

OT: Well, I just, you know... I hope it was worth it.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
minarri said:
I can't understand why he got so happy before he even caught it. I would only cheer after I caught the blighter.

I recognize that shiny Pokemon often have much better IVs than their non-shiny counterparts, but I was trying to say that after all that kid cheered and howled it would be deliciously ironic if that Ponyta's IVs were not up to standard.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
minarri said:
Flying-Emu said:
minarri said:

I recognize that shiny Pokemon often have much better IVs than their non-shiny counterparts, but I was trying to say that after all that kid cheered and howled it would be deliciously ironic if that Ponyta's IVs were not up to standard.
You have a very horrible sense of humor.

Someone didn't hug you enough when you were little :(

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I actually got one legit

Anyways, I hate ponyta and most shinies in general. The specialty of getting a shiny is now ruined thanks to people like him.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Id prefer a shiny Rapidash, more awesome.
And he counted wth ? ! 25,968 encounters
xD
Massive lulz are in order
but congrats to him