Shit's gotten real with McDonald's ice cream machines

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I've also never had issues with a McD's ice cream machine being down, but I live in Canada. Shit's screwed in the US if it's this big of an issue (Especially if it happens enough that everyone can make the same """hilarious""" joke about them being down all the time).

My question is: who goes to McDonald's for the ice cream?
It's actually not bad. Not as good as DQ's, but DQ is also getting absurdly expensive for a lot of things on their ice cream menu, so sometimes a McFlurry hits the spot for about 70% the price

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So this thread inspired me to get a McFlurry when we ordered McDonald's last night, and wow, I was so underwhelmed. I thought McFlurrys were supposed to be Cookies and Cream, not Powder and Cream. And our burgers and fries tasted like the oil used should have been thrown out weeks ago. And on top of that, they'd clearly been refried. Don't you just hate it when you try and satisfy your craving and end up with someone taking a dump in your mouth?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So this thread inspired me to get a McFlurry when we ordered McDonald's last night, and wow, I was so underwhelmed. I thought McFlurrys were supposed to be Cookies and Cream, not Powder and Cream. And our burgers and fries tasted like the oil used should have been thrown out weeks ago. And on top of that, they'd clearly been refried. Don't you just hate it when you try and satisfy your craving and end up with someone taking a dump in your mouth?
If you want a good burger place, Wendy's or A& W are better options. You got those in the Philippines? I know you most likely don't have a White Castle, Krystal's, or Savy Sliders. Though honestly, I rarely ever touch White Castle anymore. It gives me the craps.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
If you want a good burger place, Wendy's or A& W are better options. You got those in the Philippines? I know you most likely don't have a White Castle, Krystal's, or Savy Sliders. Though honestly, I really ever touch White Castle anymore. It gives me the craps.
Wendy's is pretty terrible here. Not sure what A&W is, the other two as well. But we do have those microwaveable White Castle sliders lol

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not sure what A&W is, the other two as well.
A&W does burgers, coneys (hot dogs w/chili and/or cheese), and chicken strips. Also, their most famous root beer. I prefer Barq's root beer though over A&W. Krystal's is just a Southern version of White Castle, but always has been better, and Savy Sliders are 100% black angus beef burgers better than those two. Savy Sliders might just be exclusive to Michigan, I'll look that one up later.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It's actually not bad. Not as good as DQ's, but DQ is also getting absurdly expensive for a lot of things on their ice cream menu, so sometimes a McFlurry hits the spot for about 70% the price
I crave ice cream once every few months, so the expense isn't as important to me; I'll splurge for the good stuff. That said, that craving has never driven me to a McDonald's as I usually defer to a milkshake (DQ or Braum's) for a far more convenient, portable and less messy option, and McDonald's milkshakes are notoriously difficult to drink. I forget the comic who did the bit about the veins popping out in your head as you try to suck one of their shakes through a straw; it's accurate.

Krystal's is just a Southern version of White Castle, but always has been better,
Fun fact if still true: despite White Castle's apparent quaintness in outward appearance (their restaurant interiors are a stark white a blue with an almost clinical appeal) and infamous "restroom aftermath," I once heard they use the highest grade of beef of all major fast food chains. I LOVE them, the perfect drunk food. We don't have them here in Texas, so every time I go home to Ohio, I have to get my fix (the frozen ones aren't the same; I don't care what anyone says.) But you do have to plan your day around eating them though; always get them on your way HOME! Anyone who eats White Castles then goes out into public is dancing with the devil...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
infamous "restroom aftermath," I once heard they use the highest grade of beef of all major fast food chains. I LOVE them, the perfect drunk food. We don't have them here in Texas, so every time I go home to Ohio, I have to get my fix (the frozen ones aren't the same; I don't care what anyone says.) But you do have to plan your day around eating them though; always get them on your way HOME! Anyone who eats White Castles then goes out into public is dancing with the devil...
I highly doubt they have the highest grade of beef (for fast food restaurants) they make me go to the bathroom that badly. Every time you go to White Castle you're dancing with the devil in Michigan. Especially if you're going through the drive-thru. Even though they allow people in to pick up their food, almost nobody wants to go walk in and get it. I never touched their drive-thrus, cuz they're always crowded no matter what. Aside for maybe the first two hours of the late morning morning and early afternoon.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I highly doubt they have the highest grade of beef (for fast food restaurants) they make me go to the bathroom that badly. Every time you go to White Castle you're dancing with the devil in Michigan. Especially if you're going through the drive-thru. Even though they allow people in to pick up their food, almost nobody wants to go walk in and get it. I never touched their drive-thrus, cuz they're always crowded no matter what. Aside for maybe the first two hours of the late morning morning and early afternoon.
It's not the quality of the beef that makes you poo; it's the ridiculous amount of onion they use. It's deceptive because they're each covered in tiny bits of onion and the patties fried on a griddle covered with onion grease. Then their burgers are so small, by the time you realize it, you've eaten 6 of them. Couple hours later, the circle of life "completes." And what a delicious circle it is. I want some right now. I might break down a suffer the frozen ones just to get a taste.

Fun fact: the popular term "slider" actually originated with White Castles. The term was appropriated from people joking about the way they "slide" right through you. Now, "slider" is used for basically any small, two-bite burger at bars, restaurants, fast food joints, etc.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It's not the quality of the beef that makes you poo; it's the ridiculous amount of onion they use. It's deceptive because they're each covered in tiny bits of onion and the patties fried on a griddle covered with onion grease. Then their burgers are so small, by the time you realize it, you've eaten 6 of them. Couple hours later, the circle of life "completes." And what a delicious circle it is. I want some right now. I might break down a suffer the frozen ones just to get a taste.

Fun fact: the popular term "slider" actually originated with White Castles. The term was appropriated from people joking about the way they "slide" right through you. Now, "slider" is used for basically any small, two-bite burger at bars, restaurants, fast food joints, etc.

Or you could do this.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
not the quality of the beef that makes you poo; it's the ridiculous amount of onion they use. It's deceptive because they're each covered in tiny bits of onion and the patties fried on a griddle covered with onion grease. Then their burgers are so small, by the time you realize it, you've eaten 6 of them. Couple hours later, the circle of life "completes." And what a delicious circle it is. I want some right now. I might break down a suffer the frozen ones just to get a taste.
I figure the onions were involved too. I know about those diced onions, but I never realized they put in that many.

That part I already knew. But yeah, every place that does small burgers now uses that term.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I figure the onions were involved too. I know about those diced onions, but I never realized they put in that many.

That part I already knew. But yeah, every place that does small burgers now uses that term.
I forgot the best part of White Castles: if you eat enough of them and survive the gastrointestinal aftermath, the smell of onions comes through your pores the next day!

God I miss those things. Nothing like stumbling out of the bar at 2am, driving to the nearest White Castle, slurring into the drive-thru speaker trying to order way more than any one human should, going home, eating it all, passing out, dying in your sleep, then waking up to the kind of shits that are more akin to an exorcism than a normal bowel movement. I know it sounds awful, people who haven't tried them, but they're fucking delicious and worth every bite.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
forgot the best part of White Castles: if you eat enough of them and survive the gastrointestinal aftermath, the smell of onions comes through your pores the next
Exactly why I usually have no more than four burgers, if I'm getting something from White Castle.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Exactly why I usually have no more than four burgers, if I'm getting something from White Castle.
Quick story: I had been laid off with two and a half months full pay and benefits, so effectively an unfortunate vacation. I spent those couple of months at my local pub drinking and shooting pool. One day, I went particularly hard; got to the bar at 5pm and closed it down. Went to White Castle and ordered 8 cheeseburgers and a large fry. Took it home and ate it all in my drunken stupor. The next morning, along with the hangover, I shit my soul. I cancelled plans I'd made with some friends and just went back to bed. Didn't leave the house until the following morning. Good times... kinda.

But, yeah, my limit is usually around four burgers if I plan on being at all functional or socially approachable soon after.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
God I miss those things. Nothing like stumbling out of the bar at 2am, driving to the nearest White Castle, slurring into the drive-thru speaker trying to order way more than any one human should, going home, eating it all, passing out, dying in your sleep, then waking up to the kind of shits that are more akin to an exorcism than a normal bowel movement. I know it sounds awful, people who haven't tried them, but they're fucking delicious and worth every bite.
Yeah, drunk driving is awful indeed.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
If you want a good burger place, Wendy's or A& W are better options. You got those in the Philippines? I know you most likely don't have a White Castle, Krystal's, or Savy Sliders. Though honestly, I really ever touch White Castle anymore. It gives me the craps.
In the UK the burger and fries market is fairly squarely cornered by McDonalds, KFC, and Burger King. McDonalds is unexciting but cheap, KFC is generally better as long as you like chicken and avoid the on-the-bone offerings, and Burger King is generally the best all round at the cost of being the most expensive. Inevitably McDonalds is by far the most numerous and is therefore the one I end up eating most; separate McDonalds were the closest fast food joint to both my university halls, and it's the only one in the nearest town to me. (The nearest city has all three, but it also has rather nicer offerings outside that group.)

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In the UK the burger and fries market is fairly squarely cornered by McDonalds, KFC, and Burger King. McDonalds is unexciting but cheap, KFC is generally better as long as you like chicken and avoid the on-the-bone offerings, and Burger King is generally the best all round at the cost of being the most expensive. Inevitably McDonalds is by far the most numerous and is therefore the one I end up eating most; separate McDonalds were the closest fast food joint to both my university halls, and it's the only one in the nearest town to me. (The nearest city has all three, but it also has rather nicer offerings outside that group.)
Interesting. I definitely learned something new there.