Shocker: Nobody Bought 360 Faceplates

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Faceplate or a game, or controller, or some functional peripheral besides those.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
My argument would be that the custom faceplates only replaced just that: the faceplate. Gods forbid you try and make the entire 360 have a custom design, because now you've "modded your system" and can't have it fixed if it breaks.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I didn't like the fact that it didn't do anything to the sides of the console. I waited until I got my all-black Elite, and then I picked up my Black Gears of War faceplate for $10. I like it.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Loonerinoes said:
Here's a thought for your eggheads...

The reason, why people wanted faceplates on their cell phones, was because you would either a) Always wind up looking towards its direction as you answered calls, typed messages, took pictures, ect.

Do you have your xbox facing backwards when you look at it/ turn it on?

b) You could wave it around in your buddies' faces to show it off, if you were a bit more of a douchey sort.

You could still show it off when you have friends over.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
The face plates look cool BUT, a blue face plate on a white big body is lame in terms of design.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I just didn't like the difference between the faceplate and the console. For me, the lack of uniformity with the console is what ruined the faceplate option

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I actually got three of them, to be honest.

The first, and my favorite was the Hot Rod one, which is the blue one in the middle in the picture.

Then for my birthday my parents got me a Gears of War 2 custom skin sticker that also came with a Gears faceplate.

Finally, when Halo 3 came out I won one of the ones they were giving out at the launch.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
Microsoft,if you can make my Xbox360...

Then I'll gladly pay you more $

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
I bought like 13 of these from the 99 cent store... Best investment ever. I can change my consoles look based on my mood. Red for angry, black for melancholy, and teal for... Well I haven't decided what teal was for yet.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Hah, yeah, the only faceplates that were available around here on launch (and in the 12 months after) were bright pink, eye-searing orange, and a god-awful camouflage kinda thing, and they were 50$AU, which was beyond offensive.

If my 360 hadn't become a brick after 6 months, the plates had decent designs, and computers weren't a far superior piece of technology, maybe I'd have gone fully over to the daft side and become a console gamer. Oh well microsoft, you fudged it up for this little cash-holding duck.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Yeah, a week ago I was thinking, wait, when the 360 was released, weren't there faceplates? What happened to them?