"Shocking" Pokemon Announcement Coming Next Week

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
The Bandit said:
Give me a break. Pokemon (or any Nintendo franchise) doesn't do "shocking." They do safe and predictable.
That could be said for 90% of all the other IP's in this industry as well. Far extending Nintendo.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
The Bandit said:
Give me a break. Pokemon (or any Nintendo franchise) doesn't do "shocking." They do safe and predictable.
Maybe it's a dark and gritty remake by David Lynch.

Child soldiers are sent out to train for their future in the military, capturing and enslaving Pokemon for their use in national animal fighting rings. I must admit, the scene where a jigglypuff is forced to eat a live sandshrew to survive would be pretty brutal.

Or maybe they're just announcing that pikachu and meowth are now bff, and everyone lives happily ever after.

KingWein22

Jun 4, 2010
The Great JT said:
I'd be shocked if they said "Gen 7 won't have a Pikachu knock-off."

Come on, man. Plusle and Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, I can see a trend. I know I didn't say Marril and Azumarril, but they're water-types, that's enough of a difference to me to let their appearance similarities slide.
They actually called Marill Pikablu @ first.

OT: PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSE, Pokémon Stadium U.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Fox12 said:
The Bandit said:
Maybe it's a dark and gritty remake by David Lynch.

Child soldiers are sent out to train for their future in the military, capturing and enslaving Pokemon for their use in national animal fighting rings. I must admit, the scene where a jigglypuff is forced to eat a live sandshrew to survive would be pretty brutal.

Or maybe they're just announcing that pikachu and meowth are now bff, and everyone lives happily ever after.
Pokemon: Blood Diamond?

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I just want the Pokemon Fighter game. Anything else will just be underwhelming and sad. Maybe Pokemon Snap WiiU would be acceptable.

I'm not thinking a Stadium/Colosseum like game for WiiU because the online for X/Y is solid enough on its own and its graphics are good enough to render the concept of such a game pointless. I also wouldn't expect that Pikachu-detective game to make an appearance again given that statement from Ishihara.

It's possible they'll bring up Pokemon Z (or whatever the third one will be). I'm doubtful because that wouldn't really be "shocking" or "surprising" to anyone really since we're all expecting it eventually.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Oh, about time, this must be that crossover game they're making with Platinum- "The Wonderful 719"

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
freaper said:
Pokémon MMO! Pokémon MMO! Pokémon MMO! Pokémon MMO! Pokémon MMO! Pokémon MMO!

...is what I'd love to see.
*cough*MegaTen Online*cough*

OT:
I hope it's Pokemon Snap 2, for the WiiU and 3DS.

Or, I don't know, maybe Pokemon Red/Blue (Purple?) 3D.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Covarr said:
Prediction: Hey You, Pikachu being remade for Wii U.

P.S. Thanks
Pikachu! Why don't you listen to me!? WHY!? AAAAArrrrgggghhhh!

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
please oh please be Pokemon Snap U. You guys tested the gamepad into camera function with Pikmin 3. C'mon ninty, we have the technology!

Either that, or Mega Pikachu confirmed.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm hoping for a Pokemon Origins like special for every gen, it makes a little sense considering the voice actors are an apparent big deal for the event. Maybe they would start off with Ruby and Sapphire what with the remakes coming.

A new game announcement is possible. Probably not gen 7 or Z version, but more like Pokken fighters, Pikachu Detective game, Pokemon Snap U, Hey U Pikachu, Stadium, Colosseum, something totally unexpected.

Or maybe it will be something very disappointing like an official trailer for the card game on ipad, or some new line of Pokemon themed cafes coming only to Japan. Or something with Pikachu considering the announcement is supposed to be "shocking" in some way.

Perhaps they will finally admit that Volcanion and Hoopa exist, even though we've known about them for a while now. :p

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Lemme guess it's a pikachu mega evolution so Ash can use his stupid rat without evolving it into the far superior Raichu permanently and retain brand recognition?

Seriously calling it.

The 'shocking' thing is just a pun to make them imply it's about pikachu.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Andy Shandy said:

IT'S TIME! Pokemon horror game, let's go.
Now imagine a Pokemon game about all the creepypasta that you can find on the internet.
Truly the most horrifying horror game.

OT: I don't think there is a Pokemon news that would shock me except if Nintendo announced that they killing off the franchise, which is, thanks God, not going to happen. Unless the "shocking" is a pun and refers to Pikachu.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
MegaManOfNumbers said:
I'm gonna aim for left field and say it's a new Pokemon anime based on the Pokemon Special/Adventures manga.
You!
I like your thinking!
Either that or more Pokemon Origins.

But I'm gonna hope we get to live the dream.
All main series Pokemon games remade for 3D rolled out over the next few years!