Shooting in Boulder, CO Leaves 10 Dead, Including One Police Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Mass shootings are a price gun owners are prepared to pay for gun ownership. Or, to adapt another saying, "Sometimes the tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of massacre victims."

Never mind that as people like Marjorie Taylor Greene could tell us, these shootings are fake, false flag operations spun by the liberal media in cahoots with liberal gun control activists where the so-called "survivors" are just actors.
The problem with gun control, is that im really not sure how this problem could ever be "solved".

Obviously that isn't to say that new laws shouldn't be introduced to try to get rid of as many guns as possible, or to stop crazy people from ever getting one, but I personally believe that America's gun crime problem might just be too far gone.

Even if Biden came out tomorrow, and said that all guns are now illegal, and they need to be turned in immediately, im sure a bunch of guns would indeed be turned in, but im also sure that a lot of guns wont be.

I just really don't know how this issue could ever be truly resolved, because 1000's of them will always be out there.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The problem with gun control, is that im really not sure how this problem could ever be "solved".

Obviously that isn't to say that new laws shouldn't be introduced to try to get rid of as many guns as possible, or to stop crazy people from ever getting one, but I personally believe that America's gun crime problem might just be too far gone.

Even if Biden came out tomorrow, and said that all guns are now illegal, and they need to be turned in immediately, im sure a bunch of guns would indeed be turned in, but im also sure that a lot of guns wont be.

I just really don't know how this issue could ever be truly resolved, because 1000's of them will always be out there.
True, but the problem could be reduced somewhat, and that's no small thing.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Mass shootings are a price gun owners are prepared to pay for gun ownership. Or, to adapt another saying, "Sometimes the tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of massacre victims."

Never mind that as people like Marjorie Taylor Greene could tell us, these shootings are fake, false flag operations spun by the liberal media in cahoots with liberal gun control activists where the so-called "survivors" are just actors.
We should be calling these people what they are: pro-massacre. A world with regular massacres makes sense to them.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

It's going to require a lot of small steps that move in the right direction to reduce the problem, given that it likely cannot be eradicated. First obvious step is to make it much harder to buy any new guns and to criminalise sale of the worst guns (let's just say the ones you can kill most people with). Once new guns are no longer available, use generous buy-back schemes to reduce the stock in circulation. Now criminalise private ownership of the most dangerous guns. Every now and then, shoot someone who refuses to give up their guns.

None of it will happen though, because massacres are basically a national sport now.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Everytime another shooting like this happens, I do think to myself "Well, thats it, this is the straw that will surely break the camel's back, and soon new gun laws will come into place, that will prevent this from happening again".

And then I remember that is exactly what I have been thinking to myself for pretty much every shooting since Sandy Hook.

Guess not.
Sandy Hook is when I gave up on gun laws ever happening.

If watching kindergartners get gunned down wasn't enough to change the minds of people in charge (or enough standard citizens to demand the change), nothing ever will.

We do have some Thoughts & Prayers though!

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
We should be calling these people what they are: pro-massacre. A world with regular massacres makes sense to them.
I wouldn't mind so much, but it's not just gun ownership itself.

So let's take the maxim that guns don't people, people kill people. The gun rights lobby also tend to be the people who oppose or dilute into ineffectuality methods of preventing unfit people owning guns, will not fund effective mental health services, and prefer a dog-eat-dog, social Darwinist model of capitalism with resultant societal pressure upon invidividuals and societal atomisation. So even if it is just "people", gun rights types are still a lot of the problem.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'd imagine a notable overlap with those not worried about 1/2mil people dying of covid, if measures to prevent this would inconvenience them.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am going to counter the argument that guns make you safe from invasions. They are unnecessary due to the US's large air force, and they don't help against so-called tyrannical governments as evidence by the fact that the capital rioters were too sacred of carrying firearms to the capital out of fear of getting arrested in a sweep by law enforcement.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
If I had spare money, that's what I'd invest in. Though supply seems infinite so demand easily fulfilled = low price. Irrelevant, have no money.
They may be in high demand and in constant use but they're effectively worthless so not a great investment.

Now Kindergarten Kevlar Backpacks, THAT'S a booming industry! Never send your little one out there unprotected! If you can spare it, maybe invest a bit in MY FIRST GUN!!!, the guns designed for little hands! The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good toddler with a gun!

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Now Kindergarten Kevlar Backpacks, THAT'S a booming industry! Never send your little one out there unprotected! If you can spare it, maybe invest a bit in MY FIRST GUN!!!, the guns designed for little hands! The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good toddler with a gun!
If I lived in America, I'd homeschool.

Reactions: tippy2k2

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I thought we wanted the police to stop killing people? To be more accountable, right? They got the guy and he'll face justice.

Or are we okay with police killing people so long as they aren't brown?
I think the implication is that no one should have been killed for selling loose cigarettes, and that the police make much greater efforts to capture (rather than kill) violent and dangerous white people than they do non-violent black people, who they treat with disproportionate force.

laggyteabag

Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I thought we wanted the police to stop killing people? To be more accountable, right? They got the guy and he'll face justice.

Or are we okay with police killing people so long as they aren't brown?
Thats kind of the wrong end of the stick.

What this person is arguing (I assume) is that when white people commit violent crimes, they often get taken safely into custody, whereas non-white people who barely do anything at all, often get met with police violence and bullets.

If the police can take an armed white shooter safely into custody, im sure they can do the same for a non-white person who double parks.

Nobody is arguing for more police violence, here.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Thats kind of the wrong end of the stick.

What this person is arguing (I assume) is that when white people commit violent crimes, they often get taken safely into custody, whereas non-white people who barely do anything at all, often get met with police violence and bullets.

If the police can safely take an armed white shooter safely into custody, im sure they can do the same for a non-white person who double parks.

Nobody is arguing for more police violence, here.
I think the problem is that you only ever heard about the police encounters that go wrong. Think about how many day to day police interactions occur and then count how many bad incidents lead to someone dying. The % of bad engagements is incredibly low and I think because we only ever hear of the the gone wrong ones it paints the police in a worse image than the truth. I'm not saying there aren't bad cops, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people assume because of media coverage.

Overall the best way to avoid having a bad police encounter is to not give the police a reason to stop you in the first place. Life would be great if we could all just not do the crime thing.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I'm not saying there aren't bad cops
Then stop making excuses for the fucking pigs.

Overall the best way to avoid having a bad police encounter is to not give the police a reason to stop you in the first place. Life would be great if we could all just not do the crime thing.
I've been harassed by cops even though I did nothing wrong. Take your cliched, hollow advice and ram it.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I think the problem is that you only ever heard about the police encounters that go wrong. Think about how many day to day police interactions occur and then count how many bad incidents lead to someone dying. The % of bad engagements is incredibly low and I think because we only ever hear of the the gone wrong ones it paints the police in a worse image than the truth. I'm not saying there aren't bad cops, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people assume because of media coverage.
Because when the police have a bad encounter they ruin lives, so that bad encounter percentage really needs to be zero. Not close to zero, absolutely zero. Any police officers unable to maintain that zero percentage are incapable to wielding authority correctly and so should not be trusted with it. If they can't do the job, they can't have the job.

Overall the best way to avoid having a bad police encounter is to not give the police a reason to stop you in the first place.
Yeah guys, stop being black.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
For fuck sake America. How many more innocent people have to needlessly die before you do something about your gun problem?

laggyteabag

Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK

Im sure that 100s of justified arrests, and correctly performed police encounters happen every single day, but when you hear stories of police shooting people who are asleep, or rape and murder women who walk home alone at night (this one happened just recently in the UK), or the police breach the wrong house and start shooting people, or they unload their weapons into vehicles, with no consideration for bystanders, or who might be in those vehicles, you can't just "not do the crime thing". You have to start asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.