Short but sweet games

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
random_bars said:
Azure9 said:
What was your favorite game that was very short.

Mine was brutal legend because i loved how it was an RTS/Adventure game and those are rare. It did feel like it unfinished though because you only fight the main bad guy and his army only once though out the entire game.
mega48man said:
brutal legend? me to! i remember getting that game when it came out, it was awesome, short, but awesome. but if you used achievement hunter's help to get ALL of the acheivements, the game can get MUCH longer.
Blargh McBlargh said:
I know your feeling, dude. That game was WAY too short.

I was actually surprised when I saw the end credits role, because I honestly thought I was only half-way through the game or something.
majora13 said:
I totally agree with Brutal Legend, too. I was really loving that game and it just ENDS. with no warning. There's probably less than 10 battles in the entire game! It's not nearly enough time to flesh out all the mechanics. *sigh*... Maybe we'll get a sequel eventually.
You guys do all know that the game has multiplayer, right? Which isn't just some tacked-on crap, it's the part of the game that was developed first... And which expands on the mechanics of the stage battles much further than the single player does, plus the fact that you get to play as the Drowning Doom and Tainted Coil too...

But yeah, I do agree, it feels like the last third of the game was just cut out with no warning. Multiplayer is awesome, though, and makes up for it IMO.
but everytime i tried multiplayer, either no one was on or i lost and i lost HARD. and whenever i was winning hard, they'd quit early and i'd never fully experience glory on the battlefield. it was fun, especially with allies, but the opportunity to play a good game of multiplayer was very low.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Portal 2 the puzzles were allot of fun and I played through it multiple times (something I generally don,t do.)

karkar

Mar 10, 2011
Braid. Despite the fact that it can be beaten in around four hours, it is still one of my favorite games of all time. Also, Portal.

Azure9

Sep 19, 2010
random_bars said:
Azure9 said:
What was your favorite game that was very short.

Mine was brutal legend because i loved how it was an RTS/Adventure game and those are rare. It did feel like it unfinished though because you only fight the main bad guy and his army only once though out the entire game.
mega48man said:
brutal legend? me to! i remember getting that game when it came out, it was awesome, short, but awesome. but if you used achievement hunter's help to get ALL of the acheivements, the game can get MUCH longer.
Blargh McBlargh said:
I know your feeling, dude. That game was WAY too short.

I was actually surprised when I saw the end credits role, because I honestly thought I was only half-way through the game or something.
majora13 said:
I totally agree with Brutal Legend, too. I was really loving that game and it just ENDS. with no warning. There's probably less than 10 battles in the entire game! It's not nearly enough time to flesh out all the mechanics. *sigh*... Maybe we'll get a sequel eventually.
You guys do all know that the game has multiplayer, right? Which isn't just some tacked-on crap, it's the part of the game that was developed first... And which expands on the mechanics of the stage battles much further than the single player does, plus the fact that you get to play as the Drowning Doom and Tainted Coil too...

But yeah, I do agree, it feels like the last third of the game was just cut out with no warning. Multiplayer is awesome, though, and makes up for it IMO.

The multiplayer was fun but it was really unbalanced, Over all the demon faction was over powered and some units from the other factions felt unfair, like how the drowning doom's ratgut can kill an entire army of infantry units in a matter of seconds with his double team power. Humans also lacked a good anti vehicle unit, the big fist guys were just too slow to hit anything