Short hair on women?

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
It varies from women to women and style to style, but I usually really like the way short hair looks of girls; especially when the tips curl a little bit. Short hair can be one of the most gorgeous things a girl can do with their hair, imo.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Long or short is good. Shorter hair can be very sexy if done right. But not too short. I don't like Pink style short [http://www.billboard.com/photos/stylus/501138-pink-617-409.jpg] but I do like this kind of length short hair [http://sundayshoez.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/short-hair-styles-2.jpg]

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
It does depend on the woman in question, but generally, I very much approve of short haired ladies. And also the vintage look.

saruman31

Sep 30, 2010
Short hair on young(<30) women is awesome. It depends from girl to girl but i generally like it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
MetalMagpie said:
It has since grown out a little bit more again, which has got me wondering about my next haircut. How short could I go this time without it looking weird? Can any woman pull off a short "pixie cut" or is it just a privileged few?
I think you should focus on what you think looks good (or you're comfortable with).

Some people look good with long hair, or with short hair, or bald.

And sometimes it's in the eye of the beholder. I think Amanda Tapping [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Tapping] looks fantastic with short hair, but kind of awkward with long hair. Friends of mine disagree and prefer her longer hairdos.

Jun 11, 2008
I do not like short hair full stop no ifs ands or buts. That is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth as in pretty worthless.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Quantum Roberts said:
She kind of reminds me of Martin Freeman.

But just a prettier more woman version of him

But yeah, to mimic practically everyone else in this thread, depends on the person.
Very few women look good bald though, I think.
Example of one who would look good bald if I could fucking find her; whoever did the face model for Jack in the pre-rendered Mass Effect 2 trailers.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
My ex had a buzz cut, and it looked really good. She'd occasionally wear wigs to parties so that is an advantage also as you don't need to worry about your own hair coming out of the wig.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I despise short hair on the majority of women.

There are a very, very small subset of women that look great with short hair, though. Can't think of any off the top of my head, though.

Actually, I despise really long hair on the vast majority of women as well.

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
Imo, most women can't pull off short hair. Sometimes it looks kinda lesbianish. Which is fine, y'know, if that's how you want to look.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Like all aesthetics, it does depend on the person.

Some girls look absolutely gorgeous with short hair, but I find less girls can pull of this length as well as Emma Watson does:

Then again, it's her sarcastic smile that gets me.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Depends on the woman, depends on how she chooses to style it.

Women can look great with short hair, but they can also look like crap. Some women just can't pull it off, some can, but got the wrong style. There are lots of ways to style your hair, not just short-long. Also I could never imagine my mom with long hair, it just goes against all logic. I also couldn't imagine her boyfriend with short hair.

Sleekit said:
i kinda like short hair on a woman.

what i'm really drawn to is practicality tbh.

i have an inbuilt thing for somewhat natural big hair due to, imo, growing up in the 70s but what gets my attention are women who are practical and who will throw it up back or up or into pigtails when they might be doing something where loads of hair might get in the way...

*tug at the wheel*

short hair i like because its eminently practical.

also being able to caress someones head without masses of hair getting in the way can be pretty erotic.

I TUGGED THE WHEEL DAMMIT!
There's an example of someone pulling it off, thanks for saving me the trouble of finding one myself.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Can look quite good if the hair dresser knows what she's doing and you got the right face for it.

I prefer long hair myself though.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
MetalMagpie said:
While I was at university, I grew my hair out most of the way down my back. (Think like a really scruffy mermaid.) But earlier this year, I finally got fed up with it. One Saturday morning I marched to the nearest hairdressers and got it cut to just below my ears. That haircut changed my life.

Seriously, it takes me about a quarter of the time it used to for me to shower in the morning. My hair doesn't need brushing several times a day any more. I don't get strangled when I put on a jumper! :D

It has since grown out a little bit more again, which has got me wondering about my next haircut. How short could I go this time without it looking weird? Can any woman pull off a short "pixie cut" or is it just a privileged few?

And what do you guys think about very short hairstyles on women in general?
Hate it nine times out of ten, and even then long hair (at least to just above shoulders) is almost always preferable.