SHORTEST GAME EVER!!!!

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I'm sure there have to be shorter games out there, but the shortest i've played is Modern Warfare 2, 5 hours and 36 minutes and I was taking it slow as hell in case I missed something along the way.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Imagunna say Vanquish...just because of the absolutely bollocks ending. Seriously, it made the whole game feel like an extra-long trailer where you died 100+ times before reaching the end of the reel. >:/
Of course, you didn't actually play a Shinji Mikami game for its story right?

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Resident Evil 2 first play-through for 2 hours and 30 minutes straight and of course none of the super weapons.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
I finished MW2 campaign on Hardened the night I got it. Felt very short.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Of games I've played: WET, The Force Unleashed, and Dirge of Cerberus. If I actually allowed myself to, I would have beat each game in a few hours. However, expecting a decent amount of content, I took my time over a few days (more so with WET than the others.) Boy was I wrong...

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
captaincabbage said:
Rhaff said:
captaincabbage said:
onewheeled999 said:
Of course, Portal. Pretty much anyone can do a 1-hour run of the game with a bit of practice.
totally, if you can remember even half of the puzzles you'll fly through it.

My friend saw a guy do a 7 minute run of portal, tho he used a glitch to bypass a bunch of stuff, so I don't count it.
I do believe that even with using a metric f**kton of exploits, the world record for a portal speedrun is 10 minutes ;)
Ah, well I'm glad we have a measurement for that.
Happy to be of service :)

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
onewheeled999 said:
Of course, Portal. Pretty much anyone can do a 1-hour run of the game with a bit of practice.
I don't think speed runs are what we are talking about here. Though yeah Portal is pretty short.

Super Mario Bros can be done in like 12 minutes though, and that doesn't even require super mega skills, you just gotta use some warps and keep running.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Pretty much any Mega Man game. I can finish most of them under 90 minutes and that includes the X series as well. I have the Playstation Mega Man collection and I beat 1-8 before I ordered pizza for dinner. Borrowed my brother's X collection the following day and pretty much did the exact same thing as the day previous.

(Captcha: drieni now. Any relation to Serenity Now?)

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
The Rockerfly said:
Ice Car said:
Borderlands. Beat it in 2 hours once, but that's probably because I knew enough about the game to write a 500,000+ Character guide on farming for it... (Rough Estimation. Very long though...)

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=112671
Mother of god that must have taken years

OT: I can complete the original spyro in under 4 hours
I actually started the guide October last year. I have extensive knowledge of most of the chests locations in the game, which is how I've been able to do guides for at least 30 different areas without the help of others. The screenshots I am unable to do since I'm on 360 and have no easy way of getting good quality pictures onto my computer, if it's even possible at all.

Although I must say it did take a fairly long time to write a guide this long. I'm still updating it to this date and am nowhere near done.

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
I could say Portal, but since it was pretty cheap (and bundled with four other games) it doesn't really count.

As such I'll say Mw2. Didn't remember how long it took exactly, but once it was over I felt "Gee, that was quick".
Short and really sweet, though, but for a £59 game...

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I remember buying Ratchet and Clank: Sized Matters for the PSP, getting to the final area within the same day, and beating it the next day. Pretty damn short for a Ratchet and Clank game. Even by PSP standards.