Should children playing online games not use mics, even if they provide helpful teamwork?

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
All kids playing games with mic access should have their tongues removed before playing, no exceptions! You let some slide, then its a flood of them.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
My problem with children is not the sound of their voice but rather the unsettling trend where any child who chooses to talk is a foul-mouthed troll.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Judging by my experience with young gamers, I would ban them for being unhelpful (nothing to do with the tone of their voice) But considering there is some good little ones out there, It would seem unfair to do it.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
As long as the game has a mute button I couldn't care less. But no mute = BREAK THE KIDS MIC!

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
ive never played a video game in which there hasnt been a 10 year old shouting ******

For Gods sake they sound like a Homophobic Machine Gun

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
It's not the high pitched kiddie voices that annoy me. After all, my deep, dopey droning voice wouldn't be any more pleasant to listen to.

It's what they tend to say in those high pitched voices.

I have no problem with kids in my games, mics or no mics. Just so long as they behave themselves.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
I hate kids using microphones, most of the time they're immature jerks who calls people names, or they're not good at unholding the speak button, seriously i watched my brother play Dead Rising 2 on the PS3 and invite random people that he only saw on Little Big Planet like 5 mins ago, then gabs alot and messes about ingame, not actually continuing the plot, its annoying to watch as a bystander, but its more worse to hear it.

B: "Ooh, how did you geet that Hat :3"
R: "Oh, you have to save some 'tarded fat guy and play poker, then..."
B: "O" "Lets do this boss"
R: "OK"
B: "Whee, riding motorcycles, let me run over the army guy" *gets shot once and falls off*
R: "Goddamnit ******, gief me food orelse ill die"
B: "K" *jumps off a box* *loses last HP point*
R: "Goddamn it" *adds to ignore*

B = Brother, R = Random pedophile guy or somthing.

Throughout that conversation R's siglings kept shouting to such a state that you could hear them on his microphone...seriously..mute your mic when your gabbing to your siblings.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
The box says 17+. Are they 17+? Then why do I have to lissen to them? If they guilt mommy and daddy into buying an M game give them their own game lobby. I don't think they (under 16 ish) should be allowed online at all. Has anyone heard the chatter online? Not something I would want my kids (if I had any) to be a part of.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
As long as the game itself is intended for their age i see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to talk. Worst case you can always mute them yourself.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
little kids are fine i love playing with them just because they fill up a slot that would usually have "insert lots of x's here" who just constantly screams at you for sucking or blaming you when they suck.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i think that they shouldnt use mics cause of the whole "online expirence may vary" thing. so they shouldnt have VOIP on in the games to protect them from people swearing etc.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I've never had a problem with kids in online games -- probably because I started gaming online when I was 12 myself. Back then, we didn't have mics, but that's the only thing that's really changed. I really don't care how old the people on a server are, as long as they're good sports. Screaming children can be annoying, but I'm honestly more bothered by raging adults. If a kid has anger issues, it's not too late for him to seek counseling, and he's also not going to have the resources to, say, track down someone who made him mad and then stab him like that French Counterstrike player did. An adult who clearly has anger issues? That's scary.
I think you miss-understand what happend.... The French dude tried to sap a sentery but this guy saw him so he had to dispose of the body and impersonate the dude that saw him so he could continue to sap the sentery. Tru story bra.

In all honesty I rage if people are being cheap or they can't play the game well. That does NOT mean I have an anger problem or that I will kill over it. I actually find games to relax me most of the time.

PS Like a kid is going to seek counseling..... Is that before or after the parents actually do something about the profanity their kid is spamming on live?

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
I mute virtually everyone after a few minutes except for those that offer useful advice or people that I already know. This leaves very few people.

Regarding kids in particular, yeah their voices are annoying, the smack talk has no place (from anyone), the need to sing during the wait to respawn or between games pisses me off, but most importantly, we all swear on there! It worries me that kids are being exposed to this on an 18 rated game to boot.

Tsk Tsk parents, do you have no idea what your kids are being exposed to? I know that my dad would always have a slight clue to what I was playing even if he didn't understand the game, and I am the same with my teen nephews. It annoys me when some bad loser adult starts getting arsey with a 15 year old kid online.

VladimirSirin

Jul 8, 2010
I've actually just started to dabble in playing online with my Xbox, and hearing kid's voices was a bit off putting, but what was even crazier was listening to someone prepare dinner. That just made no sense at all.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
If they're funny, then what the hell, why not let them talk?

Chances are they're not funny and are just going to shout '******' at you for the entire. Fucking. Game.