Should Eleven Year-Olds Play on Xbox Live?

Unholykrumpet

Nov 1, 2007
the monopoly guy post=7.69562.664424 said:
not, NOT with a mic if they're going to purposly annoy the hell out of everyone.
In my opinion, age has no influence on that. Doesn't matter if they are eight or twenty-two, they can still just have that trait where they think "annoying people makes me cool".

CancerDog

Aug 3, 2008
Talking about kids playing halo like that is one thing, but his kid sounds far from some that i'm sure everyone has heard, spouting the same "FUCK YOU NOOB,NOOB,NOOB,NOOB,NOOB, SHUT UP, YOU SUCK" in their 11 year old voice. Its because most 11 year olds don't have the maturity to handle some of those situations.. like losing, or getting stuck :p. They also don't have the maturity to respond the way someone of an older age probably would, so they spam words like "Fuck,Noob" and generally annoy everyone with the decency not to unplug and throw away their mic the second they start talking.

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
I'm 11 (yeah yeah call me whatever) i played rated M game since CS came out and i don't spam cuss words. hell the only time i cussed online is when someone called me a (insert word here) and there was a 18 year old who was no better than a spaming kid. he was like "hey you little noob y don't you go back to your (insert word here) sucking mom" or something like that. so age no matter

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
The apparent maturity of the kid above notwithstanding, 11-year olds don't even belong on the internet, much less XBox Live. He plays M-rated games? Where are his parents and do they know what he's doing?

As Yahtzee eloquently put it, "Hooting dickholes" on XBox Live have ensured that I will never, ever be found there.

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
Jimmyjames post=7.69562.665182 said:
The apparent maturity of the kid above notwithstanding, 11-year olds don't even belong on the internet, much less XBox Live. He plays M-rated games? Where are his parents and do they know what he's doing?

My parents know and my bros the one who taught me to play games. i could play resident evil and he would just play his WOW without caring

alfonzo

Aug 3, 2008
i dunno if im that annoyed by 11 year old kids and under because any threats or insults they can muster i can talk right down,i get pissed when i get trashtalked by some racist kids who feel if they have to say racist slurs about every minority they have in there little town in beverly hills

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Should eleven years olds play on Xbox Live?

Yes, to not would be ageist.

The ERSB is a guideline only.

Besides not only "T" or "M" games are online (A game of UNO anyone?)

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I laugh as I read this.

KIDS are not the victims of profanity and harassment in xbox live. THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. 50% of kids I run into run their mouths. Older mature people have manners.

I don't believe kids shouldnt play xbox live, but i do think they should'nt be allowed mics.

MrBliss

Jul 25, 2008
Doesn't Xbox Live have different zones, like a family zone where people can play with their kids and only play against other family zone players etc...? In that case, shouldn't Microsoft be policing these zones more stringently to ensure they don't have people swearing and so on in there?

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Xbox Live is only really for people who can take the verbal abuse, or mute the offenders. Then shoot them in the face with a shotgun and laugh to yourself.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
It isn't even about the swearing or the ability to "take insults" for me. It's about people behaving in a horrible manner to other people, purely because of their safety net- their anonymity. I'd love to see one of those kids say crap like that to me in real life. And the attitude bubbles over.

I believe it's seriously becoming a problem today. It's so easy for people to exercise their ID online and spew hateful and racist garbage. You DIDN'T see that in the 80's, or even early 90's for that matter.

The internet encourages people to act like troglodytes.

UnrealCanine

Jan 23, 2008
It doesn't matter what age rating a game has, you're always gonna have dicks call you ***** and other stuff

Spierek

Aug 17, 2008
KenzS post=7.69562.665261 said:
KIDS are not the victims of profanity and harassment in xbox live. THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. 50% of kids I run into run their mouths.
Nope. If the kids weren't listening to how older people swear, they wouldn't pick up these bad maneers. Then, they wouldn't pass it on to younger children, and so on, and so on. The circle closes.

KenzS post=7.69562.665261 said:
Older mature people have manners.
If you really believe that, then you surely haven't never EVER played online.

I can hear out even an 8-year old kid, if he has something interesting to say. I played lots of times with matures, that talked like complete analphabetes, and kids, that could use language better than even I do.

Zombie_King

May 26, 2008
Apparently logic is being thrown out the window. If you don't like what people are saying, take off your headset. You can still hear the people talking out of the speakers? There are volume buttons on your remote controls for a reason. I find it annoying when people won't stop talking about something irrelevant on Xbox Live. So you know what I do? I take off my headset and lower the volume. I can still hear gunshots, so what's the problem? Anyone should be able to play on Xbox Live.

bulletproof12

Feb 28, 2008
i think they should it is the kids and parents decicision to let them. and i dont see how anyone has more right to the internet then anyone else