Should I get the PS3 or 360

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Recently I had my Xbox get red ringed and I couldn't send it into Microsoft because the warranty had expired (WHICH FUCKING EXPIRED 3 DAYS AGO). So as a very early christmas present I can chose what game system I want. I have played both systems extensively thanks to friends and both are top-notch, though I already plan on getting an Xbox I thought I should get a second opinion.

P.S. I had bought my previous 360 with my own money and my parents feel that after the highlight of my last Christmas being a slinky, that they should get me a new system insted of paying for it myself since I didn't break it, it just died.

I am very hard to buy for.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Having both the 360 and PS3, I would get the 360 again. The PS3 has some nice stand alone titles and all, but not enough to compare to the 360s.

That's just my opinion anyway.

Yoshi Bassist

Apr 16, 2009
first off, your lucky that your parents will buy you crap because your last christmas sucked
you might as well get a 360 if you already had one because you have the games (if you didnt get rid of them) and your used to the system
i think both systems are both good, i use a ps3 at my friends house, so i dont need to get one, but since i have only a 360, and i had to replace it with something, it would be another 360, for reasons i just posted

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
PS3. Blue ray, price cut, better games (imo), doesn't brake 50% of the time. I have both and yes my 360 has broke (2 times), I just like my PS3 more and I think you will to.

tiberseptim

Apr 15, 2009
Most of the quality apps for PS3 are also available for the 360, and they usually run better. I can count the PS3 exclusives that are worth playing on one hand.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Well to be honest, your 360 died on you, and that should be clear enough what console you should buy. This exact same thing happened to me so I bought a PS3 (I didn't have someone to pay for me mind you) instead of a 360 because I think it would be bullshit for me to replace a product because it's designer are incompetent/ unwilling to pay for their own mistakes. Although granted I do miss Mass Effect.

BTW: Have you tried the towel trick?

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Well to be honest, your 360 died on you, and that should be clear enough what console you should buy. This exact same thing happened to me so I bought a PS3 (I didn't have someone to pay for me mind you) instead of a 360 because I think it would be bullshit for me to replace a product because it's designer are incompetent/ unwilling to pay for their own mistakes. Although granted I do miss Mass Effect.

Yes I have tried the towel trick on more than one occasion.

P.S. I had to pay for my 360 as well and it comes with a 2 year warranty

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
1. Dear god is this thread's title flame bait...
2. Honestly, it is all opinion based. I for one would suggest save your money, buy a SNES, and play Super Mario Bros. But in all honesty.. it all comes down to two things.

Genre preference, and Online preference.

go 360 if you like more hardcore, grittier games (Gears of War, TRUE RPGs (IE actual role playing game and not just uncontrollable stats and prechosen characters and cast). Go PS3 if you like more unrealistic import titles (MGS4, FF series, JRPGs, etc) I ain't dissin FF series FYI, I just prefer western RPGs is all.

Online community.

360 I will start off with, it is a great, sturdy online experience.... until half the people start talking. Programming wise, it kicks PS3's ass from here to next week. Community wise, it sucks balls. 14 year olds whining and bitching, immature 32 year olds thinking they are all that...

PS3 I must say, it is stable, but not all that sturdy. The community is much saner, but not as many of the PS3 crowd have mics. It usually isn't a noticeable number, but sometimes you will enter a game and be the only one with a mic. It's rare, but it is much less rare then with the 360 community.

Both systems have their pros and cons. I personally go for the 360 just because I like the much bigger controller (I got big hands afterall, when I picked back up my snes... dear god I could hold that controller in half my grip XD) PS3 has six axis, but it is just gimmik bait, it is pretty useless and most games that use it fail. But really the ONLY thing you should look at is the games. Go on, do it right now. Go online, look at the list of 360 games, look at the list of PS3 games, find out how many interest you from each list, compare, and whoever has more, choose that one. Because remember, a console is useless to you, if it has no games you like playing.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Yoshi Bassist said:
first off, your lucky that your parents will buy you crap because your last christmas sucked
you might as well get a 360 if you already had one because you have the games (if you didnt get rid of them) and your used to the system
i think both systems are both good, i use a ps3 at my friends house, so i dont need to get one, but since i have only a 360, and i had to replace it with something, it would be another 360, for reasons i just posted
It's not a money problem (We own a bar) it's just very hard for people to buy things for me

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
keybird said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:

Yes I have tried the towel trick on more than one occasion.

P.S. I had to pay for my 360 as well and it comes with a 2 year warranty
Bummer, I know a lot of people who had success with the towel trick. By the way it may be helpful to know what kind of games you like.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:

You could just... I dunno... call em up.. send it in for free repairs, and get it back.. or even do what I did. Call em up, tell em it broke, ask nicely if they would, instead of repairing it, upgrade you to a jasper model (Same as falcon, but near minimal fail rate) and enjoy a 360 that will have reality crash on you before it ever manages to crash.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
1. Dear god is this thread's title flame bait...
2. Honestly, it is all opinion based. I for one would suggest save your money, buy a SNES, and play Super Mario Bros. But in all honesty.. it all comes down to two things.

Genre preference, and Online preference.

go 360 if you like more hardcore, grittier games (Gears of War, TRUE RPGs (IE actual role playing game and not just uncontrollable stats and prechosen characters and cast). Go PS3 if you like more unrealistic import titles (MGS4, FF series, JRPGs, etc) I ain't dissin FF series FYI, I just prefer western RPGs is all.

Online community.

360 I will start off with, it is a great, sturdy online experience.... until half the people start talking. Programming wise, it kicks PS3's ass from here to next week. Community wise, it sucks balls. 14 year olds whining and bitching, immature 32 year olds thinking they are all that...

PS3 I must say, it is stable, but not all that sturdy. The community is much saner, but not as many of the PS3 crowd have mics. It usually isn't a noticeable number, but sometimes you will enter a game and be the only one with a mic. It's rare, but it is much less rare then with the 360 community.

Both systems have their pros and cons. I personally go for the 360 just because I like the much bigger controller (I got big hands afterall, when I picked back up my snes... dear god I could hold that controller in half my grip XD) PS3 has six axis, but it is just gimmik bait, it is pretty useless and most games that use it fail. But really the ONLY thing you should look at is the games. Go on, do it right now. Go online, look at the list of 360 games, look at the list of PS3 games, find out how many interest you from each list, compare, and whoever has more, choose that one. Because remember, a console is useless to you, if it has no games you like playing.
There are a few golden titles but not enough to make me look twice at the PS3

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
WhiteTiger225 said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:

You could just... I dunno... call em up.. send it in for free repairs, and get it back.. or even do what I did. Call em up, tell em it broke, ask nicely if they would, instead of repairing it, upgrade you to a jasper model (Same as falcon, but near minimal fail rate) and enjoy a 360 that will have reality crash on you before it ever manages to crash.
Or they could just ... I dunno... refuse to do such a thing.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:

As I have stated, the warranty has expired (THREE FUCKING DAYS AGO) so they won't accept.

P.S. I like all types of games except sports games

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
keybird said:
Recently I had my Xbox get red ringed and I couldn't send it into Microsoft because the warranty had expired (WHICH FUCKING EXPIRED 3 DAYS AGO). So as a very early christmas present I can chose what game system I want. I have played both systems extensively thanks to friends and both are top-notch, though I already plan on getting an Xbox I thought I should get a second opinion.

P.S. I had bought my previous 360 with my own money and my parents feel that after the highlight of my last Christmas being a slinky, that they should get me a new system insted of paying for it myself since I didn't break it, it just died.

just depends on what games yo have really (and what xbox live titles you have) I know i wouldnt swap from 360 to ps3 if mine died, I just have so many titles I love on my xbox live account I couldnt part with :(

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Acaroid said:
keybird said:

just depends on what games yo have really (and what xbox live titles you have) I know i wouldnt swap from 360 to ps3 if mine died, I just have so many titles I love on my xbox live account I couldnt part with :(
That is why I am keeping my Xbox harddrive

Beastialman

Sep 9, 2009
I'd personally go for 360, however I can see why you'd be swayed towards PS3.

My 360 has broken twice on me... on E74 (part of it over heated when I fell asleep with it on), second time was a week later it literally stopped reading disc's.

My friend has had two PS3's. His first one, works for ten or so minutes and then decides to freeze. I don't know what was wrong with his second one but luckily it was under warranty. (His second one also killed itself within a week of getting it too).

In all honesty a 360 is easy to take care of, just don't leave it in a cramped place (not on your carpeted floor under your TV stand with one inch to each side for air flow). I have my 360 placed on top of an empty plastic shoe box with nothing on top of it.

Either way, I highly recommend you get Orange Box as your first game for either one (also Marvel vs Capcom 2... that's a good one).

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
They're both about the same price now I think.

Getting a PS3 could open up some gaming options to you.

It really comes down to which system you think more exclusive titles that you will be interested in will be realised for.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Here's the most non-bias opinion you'll get, look at the games out for both systems, count off which ones you'd like to get and then tally it up. What ever system has the most games then you buy that one.