Should Skyrim add the whole "werewolf thing" ?

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
IIRC Bethesda have said that you can be a werewolf, but I don't think you can be a vampire in Skyrim.

The SettingSun

Oct 4, 2010
Varrus said:
My favorite quest from Oblivion was the "Cure for Vampirism quest". So I'd be down with having werewolves if they could build an interesting quest around finding a cure for yourself.
I loathed that quest.

Anyhoo, being a werewolf would be a helluva lot better than a vampire as there would be hardly any drawbacks to it unlike being a vampire. Having to wait for darkness fall was simply too much of a pain to continue being a vampire.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Dylan Blackler said:
I think it would be great becouse of the following reasons
...right, might as well correct this now: werewolf. No 'a.' I'm pretty sure that a "warewolf" is some sort of computer software that can turn into a wolf.

Dylan Blackler said:
1. It would be lore friendly (being in the nordlands now)
Quite true. Never thought of that.

Dylan Blackler said:
2. Being a warewolf was kick ass in morrowind
3. Imagine how awesome they could make the abilities, animations and features now
4. second identity is always fun (even third if they have the Grey Cowl)
Yeah, but the Grey Cowl was a voluntary thing. Would being a werewolf be an involuntary thing? If it was something you could trigger, it'd be great.

Maybe it'd work in stages, sorta like vampirism did in Oblivion. If you go a certain amount of time without X or simply make X number of transformations, you become progressively stronger, but the weaknesses become more pronounced, too. And, at the last stage, you can control when you transform, albeit again with the weaknesses affecting you virtually full-time.

Dylan Blackler said:
5. a Vampire/Warewolf halfbreed
Blargh. Probably wouldn't work out well. I assume that you end up with sub-par abilities from both classes. At worst, it's a broken class that has the strengths of both and the weaknesses of neither.

Then again...if there are vampire/werewolf factions or substantial enough numbers of both, being one or the other could win the allegiance of the respective faction. Being a hybrid, on the other hand, keeps you out of favor with both groups, and can even provoke their active hatred if both sides view you as some sort of abomination.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Dylan Blackler said:

1. It would be lore friendly (being in the nordlands now)
2. Being a warewolf was kick ass in morrowind
3. Imagine how awesome they could make the abilities, animations and features now
4. second identity is always fun (even third if they have the Grey Cowl)
5. a Vampire/Warewolf halfbreed
6. Oblivion has plenty of mods (not great or perfect ones) for warewolfs (so the community does want it)
7. Even add the "Ring of Hircine" for people that don't want the disease and want to turn at will (not just night).
I agree with you on that, and I don't want to be "that guy" but it's spelled Werewolf, being that it was from the old english Were meaning man, and wolf, thusly a man-wolf.

Though, I never got to play the expansion pack for Morrowind to play a werewolf though I had occasion to see videos of players doing it on youtube. I must say it looks VERY fun. And they could perhaps even do something similar to the Vampire Cure quest to get the ring . . . like perhaps you get the disease, and go through a long quest line to find a way to "cure" it, which leads to an old alchemist that can take the disease from you and enchant something with it letting you turn at will.

They could even have a cave lair like they did for the evil chars in Oblivion. The Vile Lair you might recall, for evil/vampire chars. It had a slave in a cage that you could feed off of at least once per day, it had a servant that you could order to murder in your name who would then bring you back money from them as I recall.

Now, here's the interesting part, down in the lower areas of the Lair, there was a special room for Porpheric Hemophilia . . . you would go to a vein in the wall, grab a blood salt then go to the obelisk in the fountain at the center and activate it. This obelisk, when activated . . . would CURE the porpheric hemophilia.

Now, if there was a similar lair for Werewolves in Skyrim it would be a cave system, likely with a room full of either slaves or animals to feed on, perhaps a servant to get you more animals, or if being a werewolf is of ill repute he could go and help you obsfuscate by spreading rumors that it wasn't you people saw but someone else.

And of course, in the basements of it, have a room like the purification room in the vampire lair, where you can insta-cure yourself of being a werewolf. Personally I think it'd be a great addition to Skyrim, even if it's only added later as DLC.

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
Char-Nobyl said:
Dylan Blackler said:
...right, might as well correct this now: werewolf. No 'a.' I'm pretty sure that a "warewolf" is some sort of computer software that can turn into a wolf.
Using this logic I am now officially referring to all videogame werewolves as warewolves. Because they only exist as pieces of software. It all makes so much sense now!

Jun 11, 2008
Blunderboy said:
Take it even further. In earlier Elder Scrolls games you had all sorts of Were animals. You could be a Wereboar in Daggerfall.
That is specific to High Rock and Hammerfell though.

OT: Yes they should bring back werewolves as it was stupid that they left them out along with vampire clans, a gimped marksmanship(bows are boring), spears and medium armour.

To be honest they should also add the other forms of lycanthropy that are supposed to be cannon to the area like werelions and werebears etc. So it was always lore friendly to begin with.

Also no you should not be both that is just silly and you will either be imba or gimped.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Glademaster said:
Blunderboy said:
Take it even further. In earlier Elder Scrolls games you had all sorts of Were animals. You could be a Wereboar in Daggerfall.

OT: Yes they should bring back werewolves as it was stupid that they left them out along with vampire clans, a gimped marksmanship(bows are boring), spears and medium armour.

to be honest they should also add the other forms of lycanthropy that are supposed to be cannon to the area like werelions and werebears etc.
Ah, I'm not that up on the lore, especially of the earlier games.
I'm also hoping that they bring back the ability to wear clothes over your armour. I missed spears in Oblivion. They were handy for keeping attackers out of reach.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
After no Werewolves in Oblivion? You're darn right I want me some Werewolves, and not one of those crappy werewolf mods either, one of the honest-to-goodness supported Werewolves.

Kontar

Jan 18, 2008
BlackStar42 said:
IIRC Bethesda have said that you can be a werewolf, but I don't think you can be a vampire in Skyrim.
I read an article in the recent PC Gamer magazine that confirmed you can indeed get afflicted with the vampire curse.

OT: YES I loved being a werewolf in Morrowind, it was so much fun to play a good guy that at night turned into a murderous monster. Please Bethesda make it so.

Jun 11, 2008
Blunderboy said:
Glademaster said:
Blunderboy said:

to be honest they should also add the other forms of lycanthropy that are supposed to be cannon to the area like werelions and werebears etc.
I'm also hoping that they bring back the ability to wear clothes over your armour. I missed spears in Oblivion. They were handy for keeping attackers out of reach.
Well the lore thing is fine I was just pointing out that certain forms are native to certain regions.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
If it's not in the initial release, I bet it'll be DLC. How could they pass up the opportunity? Werewolves vs. Vampires would be a really neat storyline...as long as no one starts sparkling.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Glademaster said:
Blunderboy said:
Glademaster said:
Blunderboy said:

Well the lore thing is fine I was just pointing out that certain forms are native to certain regions.
Being a were-bear sounds pretty awesome. If that's an option I will be basing my character on Barak, the Earl of Trellheim.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Blunderboy said:
But werewolves looked less dumb!

http://www.svatopluk.com/xroads/werewolf.jpg

...Marginally!

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
It would be lovely if there was werewolves, in fact, I expected it from Skyrim.

Would be cool also to carry on their lore of werewolves and vampires being mortal enemies, would make for some very interesting scenes. Like Twilight really.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
What about a Werekraken? Tentacles anyone? I would love to play as an Orc water-Mage turned into a Werekraken every rising tide.

Back on topic:
While I generally sympathize with the whole "ware" idea. I'm more interested that the Soft"ware" is actually solid and the aren't any "ware"bugs nestling somewhere.
The hinderance that the Vampires couldn't safely fasttravel at day really kept me from becoming one in the first place. But still I always appreciate having this options.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
I wanna be a wearbear. Or a minotaur...or a werebear with horns.

Failing that, I'll just enjoy time being an orc or whatever, running around drunkenly punching woodelves in the groin for no particular reason.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Yeah, I would love werewolves to be added as well as the traditional rivalry lore between Vampires and Werewolves.

Maybe there could be a twist, werevampires perhaps, have half the benefits and disadvantages of both.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
A werewolf with your doggy companion and your two naked Vampire Females, What more of a life could you live for?! Sucky Sucky every day if you know what i mean!